In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stocked up on popcorn? (Updated)

MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Might be quite a "show" coming up October 5th.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2011/10/01/breaking-police-assaults-mass-arrests-mile-long-crowd-occupywallstreet-protestors-74161/

NYPD Now Assaulting, Mass Arresting Crowd Of 6000 #OccupyWallStreet Protestors Spanning Over 1 Mile From Liberty Square All The Way Across The Brooklyn Bridge

Watch Live - Occupy Wall Street Protests

Happening live as I write, NYPD police officers have launched new round of mass arrests and brutal assaults against Occupy Wall street protestors. I have watched over 20 people get arrested live so far. Reports say up to 300 have been arrested after the police tricked protestors into splitting up and directed them in the direction of the Brooklyn Bridge as part of Crowd dispersal techniques. Reports are that NY Times reporter Colin Moynihan has also been arrested.

Both sides of the Brooklyn Bridge have been closed off as the line of protestors stretch from end to end. From the west side of the Brooklyn Bridge the line is reported to stretch all the way back to liberty park. There is also a second line stretching back toward city hall, were protestors approached before but the gates were closed to prevent a shut down like the scene reminiscent of Egypt that occurred at NYPD headquarters yesterday. Once diverted from city hall toward the Brooklyn Bridge, protestors had planned on regrouping at Brooklyn Bridge Park but after the bridge filled with protestors, police blocked off both sides. The police are now making there way across the bridge arresting on person at a time and hauling them off in a patty wagon.

While the police led the crowd onto the bridge only to arrest them, they will use the justification the crowd was blocking traffic. They only problem is the NY Times reporter arrested for the crowd already put out the word that the police directed and aloud the crowd to go that way. The question is will the media lie for the NYPD or tell the truth?

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Oh?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Well Phyllis IN [:D]
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a brand new 6 pack in the pantry. Should I be watching here, tv or the sky?
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Among some of the cities to join the people's movement are Occupy Los Angeles and Occupy New Orleans (Occupy NOLA) that begin events Saturday. Three movements in Texas alone are beginning occupations in Austin, Houston and San Antonio according to Tweets on Thursday.

http://www.examiner.com/human-rights-in-national/occupy-wall-street-100-s-of-1000-s-join-sen-sanders-says-desperately-needed?CID=examiner_alerts_article

THIS is who many of the so-called protesters really are..

Van Jones, president of the progressive organization Rebuild the Dream, joins The Last Word to discuss what Washington should be doing about jobs. Jones calls the US' deficit problem "phony" and made up.

"Hold on to your hats, we're going to have an October offensive to take back the American dream and rescue America's middle class," Jones told MSNBC's "The Last Word."

Jones warns of an "American Fall" like there was an Arab Spring.

Jones was President Obama's "green jobs czar" until he resigned in fall of 2009.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bring it on....create a job ....anyone[}:)]
    edited November -1
    Help Wanted

Body-Bags-R-Us
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    It's not just in this country. I have a friend in Spain and she told me it's happening all over Europe too, it just isn't being reported here. The pinko's have gone nuts.
  • Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS
    Among some of the cities to join the people's movement are Occupy Los Angeles and Occupy New Orleans (Occupy NOLA) that begin events Saturday. Three movements in Texas alone are beginning occupations in Austin, Houston and San Antonio according to Tweets on Thursday. Yeah, these are the same cowards that packed it in and RAN when that gang of mexicans "protested" the Rodney King affair. The pulled out and left that bunch up there waving the mexican flag. When they can't outnumber you and hammer you half to death, they head to the nearest donut shop and tell war stories. "Gee, chief gates, whatta we do NOW??"

Won't be any different this time, unless they open up on the crowd with their M-16's. Then it will be all over for them. They haven't a clue as to how to deal with peaceful protest and probably 75-80 percent of them do not have the initiative or skills to properly keep order without becoming violent.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of the youth in this country with skulls full of mush don't even know why corporations have moved over seas!

These are the same people that want a cheap product made in the USA-

But want $40 an hour with unskilled labor/trade benefits-
    Want everything environmentally friendly-
    Want full retirement-

Tell me I am wrong...[:D]
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you are wrong...

not really. just wanted to say it.

I can't belive this could really be happening and there would be no media coverage any where except on some loco website that starts out with please donate for my trip to ny.

I say it's a scam until a legit news organization runs with it
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear
    you are wrong...

not really. just wanted to say it.

I can't belive this could really be happening and there would be no media coverage any where except on some loco website that starts out with please donate for my trip to ny.

I say it's a scam until a legit news organization runs with it

You haven't been paying attention, have you?