In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wife Slapping OK.. Judge says

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Judge: Wife-Slapping OK if Wife Spends Too Much Money

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- A judge in Saudi Arabia has told a conference on domestic violence that a man has the right to slap his wife if she spends money wastefully.

According to a Saudi newspaper, the judge also said women deserve as much blame as men do for increased spousal abuse.

The judge's remarks don't carry the weight of law, since they were made out of court. But public comments by Saudi judges, who are also Islamic clerics, are often widely respected.

One activist says the remarks are the latest setback in the efforts by women in Saudi Arabia to gain the right to vote, drive and be protected from violence.

According to the English-language Arab News newspaper, women in the audience loudly protested the judge's remarks.

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judge: Wife-Slapping OK if Wife Spends Too Much Money

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- A judge in Saudi Arabia has told a conference on domestic violence that a man has the right to slap his wife if she spends money wastefully.

According to a Saudi newspaper, the judge also said women deserve as much blame as men do for increased spousal abuse.

The judge's remarks don't carry the weight of law, since they were made out of court. But public comments by Saudi judges, who are also Islamic clerics, are often widely respected.

One activist says the remarks are the latest setback in the efforts by women in Saudi Arabia to gain the right to vote, drive and be protected from violence.

According to the English-language Arab News newspaper, women in the audience loudly protested the judge's remarks.
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    nothing those arab jerks did or said would surprise me!

the sooner they run out of oil so they can go back to living in tents and eating camels the better!
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i suppose that is better than beheading or stoning...
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    s-f My wife was a nurse working Labor and Delivery before Parkinsons Disease forced her to stop. She had fellow nurse working there who had worked for ARAMCO in their hospital in Saudi delivering babies. This woman told horror stories of the Saudi women patients and how their bodies were scarred from beatings and physical abuse they had received from their husbands[:(!]
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I showed this to my wife....she slapped me!
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never slapped a women before but i think if i slapped my wife i better not sleep for a long long long long time. A very long time. I hate to even think about what she would do. Why would you hit someone smaller and prettier than you.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Just a matter of time until global pussification is complete...
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd rather slap a Saudi man...then proceed with the rest of the duel challenge process and either gun him down or run him through with a sabre [;)]

the world was so much more civilized when gentlemen were allowed to kill ruffians in duels [;)]
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    s-f My wife was a nurse working Labor and Delivery before Parkinsons Disease forced her to stop. She had fellow nurse working there who had worked for ARAMCO in their hospital in Saudi delivering babies. This woman told horror stories of the Saudi women patients and how their bodies were scarred from beatings and physical abuse they had received from their husbands[:(!]

I bet these "men" abuse women like that because they are so unsure of their own sexuality they would enjoy taking a cruise missle up their bum...

now that I said that, it sounds like a good idea!
    "bend over mr. saudi! Ensign: fire the missiles!" [:D]

I said it before and I'll say it again: we invaded the wrong raghead dictatorship!!!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is wastefully spending?
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    What is wastefully spending?
    90 pairs of shoes would be a good start.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Such a peaceful culture they have there, it's no wonder the Obamatron bowed to their king.
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing. You already told her twice![;)]
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    My wife and I got that stuff straightened out..................
    many years ago. When we got home from our honeymoon I sat her down and told her, with no uncertain terms, just how the cow ate the cabbage. I let her know that I was to be in
    absolute and complete charge of everything she says and does, with no questions or dissension. I told her that if she even once attempted to buck my authority an any way, whatsoever, she had better stay clear of me.
    I did not see her again fer 3 days.

On the third day the swelling went down enough in my right eye that I could see her standing there with her hands on her hips.

[:D]