In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 Children die in fire....aunt worried about EBT

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-5Y9diUAM4

Apparently this happened in 2009, but for whatever reason the video just went viral.

To sum up: Two children, aged 2 and 3 were left home alone by their mom and her sister. While they were out, the caught fire. Neighbors could hear the children inside screaming, but weren't able to reach them in time.

A local news station was able to get an interview with the aunt, who was concerned that her purse was inside, along with her food stamp card.

For those of you who sterotype.....yeah, it's pretty much what you expect it will be [V]

Comments

• Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that was a hard watch.

Said her purse burned up had her food stamp card in evera thang in it... Probably failed to mention the crack pipe and cigarette lighter that the kids used to start the fire.

Real nice it took both of them to go drop "this dude" off. This "dude" couldn't have walked? Or maybe just 1 of them could have given the "dude" a ride?

Just reinforces my opinions.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    It's all about the freebies man!!
    It's a wonder they didn't * about the loss of welfare money or child support the kids had coming in.
    I see here all the time,they use food cards to buy the kids 50 boxes of mac n cheese,and ribs and steaks for themselves.Then U follow them out to where the get into a BRAND NEW CADILLAC ESCALADE!![:(!][:(!][V]
    Poor kids,what a way to go,,[:(]
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    Just folks being folks!
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    Real nice it took both of them to go drop "this dude" off. This "dude" couldn't have walked? Or maybe just 1 of them could have given the "dude" a ride?My first thought.

Also must not have been room in that car for a 2 and 3 year old.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,092 ******
    edited November -1
    [:(][:(][:(]/[V][V][V]
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fricking animals.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just more evidence that the entitlement crowd has been taught that they have no responsibility for anything in life.[V]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blamin' everyone but herself.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    Real nice it took both of them to go drop "this dude" off. This "dude" couldn't have walked? Or maybe just 1 of them could have given the "dude" a ride?My first thought.

Also must not have been room in that car for a 2 and 3 year old.

My guess is they were getting their fix. He didn't need a ride any more than they needed to leave the kids home alone.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mother should be charged with child abuse.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    Wish that was where all the 22lr was going.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Disgusting. Societal engineering at its best! [xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    just more evidence that the entitlement crowd has been taught that they have no responsibility for anything in life.[V]
    BINGO!
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Mother should be charged with child abuse.
    Abuse ? How 'bout two counts of voluntary manslaughter...
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    we just had a 9 month baby die in a bath tub,it was left alone for 15 minutes in the tub.i wonder what goes thru a persons mind that thinks its ok to leave a baby alone in a tub for 5 seconds let alone 15 minutes. the report said the baby was found floating face down by the mother, the emt,s tried cpr for over 30 minutes to revive the baby and both were crying when interviewed. according to garp.
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like you said it makes you sick to see something like that happen. I watched that on fox news the morning it happened. I believe that the aunt had been arrested quite a few times for prostitution and drugs. I also remember that the mother was charged but the story just faded away. Sad.
    JW
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    here's how that plays out around here;
    the children were removed from the birth mothers care because of drugs,jail time,prostitution etc.
    the court awards the aunt temporary custody (foster care) and sends the aunt a nice bunch of monthly benefits.
    the birth mom still has control of the kids, despite the court ruling via this arrangement.
    sure the aunt is upset!
    she just lost a bunch of free money and STILL has to support the whore niece.
    the good news is, they'll get more kids soon.
    they should be sterilized. at minimum

tom
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could say a lot of things but I don't want to go to Jail.
    I have three Boy's and there was nothing important enough that I would have left Them alone like that.
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DId she ever get them back or replaced, poor thing
  • Options
    B&G ClingerB&G Clinger Member Posts: 1,789 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Inside-out, upside-down, backwards, messed up thinking. That for certain people is somehow........."normal"

That is tough to watch and not be pissed.