In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

idiots

crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
&()%%&)(*&^%^%^&^**^&&*(*(& IDIOTS.

Went with a friend to our bi-monthly Flea Mkt to sell some ammo, knives and maybe a firearm or two. Did Great with ammo, and a couple knife trades.

Here is where the Idiot came in.. I have a sign that reads DO NOT HANDLE FIREARMS WITHOUT PERMISSION....

Before I could get a word out of my mouth this Idiot woman reached in the case and took out the Kel Tec .380, pulled the trigger once and pointed the gun at her friend and pulled the trigger and said Bang.. I went off at that point and told here (lady) not the word I used, Put the gun down you stupid *, She said, what did I do? The gun isnt loaded is it? I was so damn mad at this point I just told her to get away from my booth and go figure it out for herself what she did wrong. Now this was not a spring chicken by any means. She came by later and apologized and I gave her a quick lesson in firearms safety.. [:(][:(]

Comments

• crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    IDIOTS IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
    IDIOTS IN SERVICE
    This week, My phone went dead and I had to contact the telephone
    repair people. They promised to be out between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
    When I asked if they could give me a smaller time window, the pleasant
    gentleman asked, "Would you like us to call you before we come?"
    I replied that I didn't see how he would be able to do that, since
    our phones weren't working. He also requested that we report future
    outages by email. I asked him, "Does YOUR email work without a
    telephone line?"

IDIOTS AT WORK:
    I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the
    clerk noticed I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card.
    She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the
    card was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary
    to compare the signature I had just signed on the receipt. So I signed
    the credit card in front of her. She carefully compared the signature to
    the one I had just signed on the receipt. As luck would have it,
    they matched.

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
    I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call
    the local township administrative office to request the removal of the
    Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "too many deer were
    being hit by cars" and he didn't want them to cross there anymore.

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:
    My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked
    the person behind the counter for minimal lettuce." He said he was
    sorry, but they only had iceberg.

IDIOT SIGHTING
    I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee
    asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your
    knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how
    would I know? " He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

IDIOT SIGHTING
    The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the
    street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of
    mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that
    it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded,
    "What on earth are blind people doing driving?"

IDIOT SIGHTING
    I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into
    itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would
    not turn on.

IDIOT SIGHTING
    When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up
    our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the
    service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock
    the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I
    instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.
    "Hey," I announced to the technician, "It's open!" To which he replied,
    "I know - I already got that side."

RUGER.jpg
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
    edited November -1
    McShame and Obammy are both collectivist idiots.

That is all.

Good night.[;)]
    edited November -1
    So I went to the credit unions affiliate branch again.
    I hand the teller the withdraw slip and my license. She copies the number to the withdraw slip as usual then asks me the last four # of my social which I tell her. Then asks me my birth date??? I told her it's on the license that's still in front of her. She says they need me to verbally give my birth date and says I know you've been here before but we still need you to tell us your birth date. I told her this is insane then tell her my birth date. Then she asks me for my phone number which is on file. In disgust I tell her the number that's been on file for 17 years.

I am so fed up with idiots. I know this isn't the tellers doing. But for the love of god she recognized me yet still asks these idiotic questions with my license on front of her WITH my picture on it and my account number on the withdraw slip.
    Heaven forbid I should walk into a bank with cameras all over the place and withdraw $200 from someones account.

The friggin doctors office is the same way. Does anyone really think someone is going to call and schedule a colonoscopy using my name and information???
    edited November -1
    Oops, see even I make a mistake sometimes.
    edited November -1
    http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/21/should-concealed-and-loaded-guns-be-allowed-in-national-parks/

read some of the * comments below... freaking sheep every last one of them... me thinks CNN is selectively posting the comments... there are a few of "us" but not many.
    edited November -1
    quote:The area had been under a mandatory evacuation order but only half of the 2,000 residents reportedly had left ahead of Isaac's landfall Tuesday.

Now the National Guard have to go in and risk their lives for these fools. Should just leave them and let them fend for themselves.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Disgusting.. Either only demo's pay attention to him, Or They sensor"edit" his commentary with the zeal of nazis.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This girl might still be alive if she would have had a gun in national park

DAWSONVILLE, Ga. - A missing hiker - found only after a drifter accused of murdering her took authorities to her body - died of blunt force trauma to the head and was decapitated after her death, officials said Tuesday.

Gary Michael Hilton, 61, was charged with murder after Meredith Emerson's body was found Monday night. The 24-year-old died of a blow to the head three days after she disappeared during a New Year's Day hike, said Dawson County District Attorney Lee Darragh.

Hilton had already been charged Saturday with kidnapping with intent of * injury. He is being held in the Dawson County jail.

Click here for more coverage from MyFOXAtlanta.com.

The finding that Emerson died before being decapitated was made by Kris Sperry, the state's chief medical examiner, said Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead.

Hilton was charged Saturday with kidnapping with intent of * injury. He appeared Monday before a judge who denied his request for bail. Hours later, he took investigators to Emerson's body, said John Cagle, an agent for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

RelatedStories
    Missing Georgia Hiker Found After Suspect Leads Police to Body Search for Missing Georgia Hiker Scaled Back, Suspect Due in Court Missing Georgia Hiker Believed Dead, Suspect Charged with Kidnapping Person of Interest Named as Search for Missing Georgia Hiker Continues Photo Essays
    Hiker Missing in Georgia Emerson had gone hiking with her dog. Hilton was the last person seen with her on a hiking trail and had tried to use her credit card, according to his arrest warrant. Authorities are not releasing information on how Emerson met Hilton and what happened between the time she disappeared and when she was killed, Bankhead said.

Hilton's attorney, Neil A. Smith, declined to comment Tuesday.

At a news conference Tuesday in Athens, Ga., Emerson's godmother, Peggy Bailey, thanked law enforcement agencies and the news media.

"We would also like to thank the untold number of friends, volunteers and family who helped search and support all of us at this tragic and troubling time," she said. Bailey declined to answer questions.

Asked whether the family was told of the arrangement with Hilton before it was made, Bailey said, "We're just not discussing anything about that at all."

Authorities have said they are exploring a possible link between the disappearance of Emerson and the presumed killing of a couple from North Carolina in October, as well as the December death of a woman in Florida.

The agreement with Hilton that led authorities to Emerson's body covers only the prosecution in that case, and other jurisdictions could seek the death penalty for killings there if they find connections, Union County District Attorney Stan Gunter told The Associated Press.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan said there could be a connection to the case of John and Irene Bryant, a couple in their 80s who disappeared in October while hiking in the western North Carolina mountains.

Georgia officials met with North Carolina authorities Monday to discuss the case, Bankhead said.

The body of Irene Bryant, 84, was found covered with leaves in November. John Bryant, 80, is still missing, and authorities said he may have been kidnapped so he would provide the couple's bank account security number.

Someone used the Bryants' ATM card in the days after their disappearance, investigators said. The ATM transaction took place in Ducktown, Tenn., about 50 miles from the area of the Georgia investigation.

Georgia officials also plan to meet with Florida investigators about the death of a woman there, Bankhead said Tuesday.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    This girl might still be alive if she would have had a gun in national park
    DAWSONVILLE, Ga. - A missing hiker - found only after a drifter accused of murdering her took authorities to her body - died of blunt force trauma to the head and was decapitated after her death, officials said Tuesday.

Gary Michael Hilton, 61, was charged with murder after Meredith Emerson's body was found Monday night. The 24-year-old died of a blow to the head three days after she disappeared during a New Year's Day hike, said Dawson County District Attorney Lee Darragh.

Hilton had already been charged Saturday with kidnapping with intent of * injury. He is being held in the Dawson County jail.

Click here for more coverage from MyFOXAtlanta.com.

The finding that Emerson died before being decapitated was made by Kris Sperry, the state's chief medical examiner, said Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead.

Hilton was charged Saturday with kidnapping with intent of * injury. He appeared Monday before a judge who denied his request for bail. Hours later, he took investigators to Emerson's body, said John Cagle, an agent for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

RelatedStories
    Missing Georgia Hiker Found After Suspect Leads Police to Body Search for Missing Georgia Hiker Scaled Back, Suspect Due in Court Missing Georgia Hiker Believed Dead, Suspect Charged with Kidnapping Person of Interest Named as Search for Missing Georgia Hiker Continues Photo Essays
    Hiker Missing in Georgia Emerson had gone hiking with her dog. Hilton was the last person seen with her on a hiking trail and had tried to use her credit card, according to his arrest warrant. Authorities are not releasing information on how Emerson met Hilton and what happened between the time she disappeared and when she was killed, Bankhead said.

Hilton's attorney, Neil A. Smith, declined to comment Tuesday.

At a news conference Tuesday in Athens, Ga., Emerson's godmother, Peggy Bailey, thanked law enforcement agencies and the news media.

"We would also like to thank the untold number of friends, volunteers and family who helped search and support all of us at this tragic and troubling time," she said. Bailey declined to answer questions.

Asked whether the family was told of the arrangement with Hilton before it was made, Bailey said, "We're just not discussing anything about that at all."

Authorities have said they are exploring a possible link between the disappearance of Emerson and the presumed killing of a couple from North Carolina in October, as well as the December death of a woman in Florida.

The agreement with Hilton that led authorities to Emerson's body covers only the prosecution in that case, and other jurisdictions could seek the death penalty for killings there if they find connections, Union County District Attorney Stan Gunter told The Associated Press.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan said there could be a connection to the case of John and Irene Bryant, a couple in their 80s who disappeared in October while hiking in the western North Carolina mountains.

Georgia officials met with North Carolina authorities Monday to discuss the case, Bankhead said.

The body of Irene Bryant, 84, was found covered with leaves in November. John Bryant, 80, is still missing, and authorities said he may have been kidnapped so he would provide the couple's bank account security number.

Someone used the Bryants' ATM card in the days after their disappearance, investigators said. The ATM transaction took place in Ducktown, Tenn., about 50 miles from the area of the Georgia investigation.

Georgia officials also plan to meet with Florida investigators about the death of a woman there, Bankhead said Tuesday.

100% correct, which is why one should do whatever they believe to be best to provide for their safety and security.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone who ever hikes the Appalachian Trail knows- it can be a LOOONG way to a phone.
    edited November -1
    Yall are missing the point a little.... Guns are (whether you own them or not) a part of our culture. Accidents happen-AND are avoidable... But to sacrifice our culture, which is a part of our identity in the name of safety contradicts every god damn thing that I have learned.... Being ex Air Force I don't know this as much as some, but I do know the meaning of the word honor, and the difference between a real patriot and a fake one is... Instead of arguing with a neighbor, which may escalate into an actual conflict, we sue them... Get fancy lawyers with fancy suits and take them to fancy courtrooms where things are settled by a fancy meanie (there are good lawyers and bad I know). The sad part is that one of my best friendships started out exchanging blows on the playground, our teacher rather than calling the cops and suspending us made us sit together in detention where we got in more trouble, and ended up good friends there.... I truly and deeply fear that the word America, and what she stands for has lost all meaning.. I fear that this country has lost its remarkable ability to right itself when it is going wrong. The captain of an American ship during the revolutionary war once replied to the British demand for surrender "I have not yet begun to fight" His ship was on fire, many of his crew dead, and he prevailed.... That is America, that is class just like "nuts" in WWII. I am sure every generation despairs at the direction the country is going, and I do have hope when I see some of the stories and pictures of our troops manning the gun in their I heart NY boxers, but at the same time they are the minority.. Not a single politician today has the audacity to wish he hanged a fellow politician (Andrew Jackson-perhaps the last honest feller till Teddy).. These examples are the America I know, not the 200 some odd students who fled in fear at NIU, or allowed 30 some odd people to be executed at Virginia tech... Until I see a renewal of true American spirit I will remain hopeful that our country is on the way back up from that dangerous tip into the abyss