In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Quick question about hunting license.

smile_for_me7465smile_for_me7465 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I live in the state of Tennessee. My father owns 9 acres I plan on hunting on this Deer season. I want to know if I must have a hunting license to hunt on my father's land.

This is what I found about it, but I don't fully understand what it means.

Landowners, their spouses, and children who hunt on farmland which is owned by said landowners. The aforementioned must be residents of Tennessee but need not reside on the land. This license exemption does not apply if the farmland is owned jointly or in common by unrelated persons.

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/huntlicense.html

Comments

• brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    Go to a place that sells hunting license and there should be a hunting guide that explains all the rules and regs for your state.
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I don't live in TN but read the link you posted.

From what I read, I have to ask, Is the land 1) farmland and 2) solely owned by the family?

It seems by TN regs. the land needs to be farmland and owned by the family.
    Then you'll need to fill out a form (I assume privided in the TN Hunting digest or at the Treasurer's office) and show proof then you can hunt it with out the license.
    note: it seems the form can be filled out before a hunt or after contact w/a TWRA officer.

If jointly owned (a number of different, non-family people/companies) then you'll need a TN hunting license.