In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

whose a Trekkie?

mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Just got back from the new StarTrek movie. I loved it.
I thought they managed to keep the humor its so well known
for, and the tension/love between the characters. I was
very pleased with the cast choices. Hope they have a tv
series off of it. I miss James Tiberius Kirk, Spock, Doc,
Scottie....don't you? I still love the re-runs. Shatner
kills me in Boston Legal now too. I love it when he pulls
out a gun and shoots some idiot.

Comments

• catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    I'm a trekie and I hated the new movie. It wasn't Star Trek. Give me the original, original crew any day over them.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I really like Star Trek TNG.

Picard rules. Blessed be his name, and his ship, Enterprise.

Although Don McManus fails to see the truth in Picardism, and follows that false prophet Katherine Janeway, he is still OK, for a heretic.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am...haven't seen the new movie yet...
    am afraid I will dislike the "younger, edgier" (aka buffy-esque) choice of actors...kinda like the "young SG-1" in the 200th episode self-spoof of Stargate

I'm sorry...but "Kirk" is three years my senior (well the actor is, and he looks more my age)...I cannot see a 28yr old (ie. 6 years out of the academy) commanding the equivalent of a modern cruiser under any circunstances
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    I really like Star Trek TNG.

Picard rules. Blessed be his name, and his ship, Enterprise.

Although Don McManus fails to see the truth in Picardism, and follows that false prophet Katherine Janeway, he is still OK, for a heretic.

I pretty much grew up on TNG; got free tickets to Generations at the end of 5th grade (for the whole family) since one of the students' parents owned a theater [:D]
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I'm a Trekie.
    I didn't care much for DS9 or the Enterprise series ( only watched a few of those shows). There were certain actors in DS9 and Enterprise that really turned me off to the shows.
    Loved watching the reruns of the Original Star Trek, TNG, and ST:Voyager and all of the Star Trek movies. Haven't seen the latest one so I am reserving judgement on it.
    Just bought two boxes of Kellogg's Corn Pops. They have communicator/beam up badges in them. First box I opened had a StarFleet Engineering badge in it. Other box will have to wait. There are 3 Star Fleet badges, a Romulan badge and a Klingon badge.

Anyone seen the latest Burger King commercials? Gotta love the King-ons!! [:D][:D][:p]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    plan on seeing it, and adding it to my collection of every star trek movie, got a few seasons of all 4 tv shows except enterprise
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    i love the original series, why? i don`t know. the special affects etc. are corny when i see them now, but i still enjoy watching it[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    i love the original series, why? i don`t know. the special affects etc. are corny when i see them now, but i still enjoy watching it[:)]

that's what makes good scifi, the special effects may be crap by today's standards, but the acting is good and the stories are great and make you pause and go "hmmm???"
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I think I saw an advertisement on the late nite infomercials recently, in light of the latest Star Trek movie, for the entire collection of the original series of Star Trek RE-MASTERED w/additions to the shows and a commentary sections.

damn I wish I has some extra $$. [:(][:(!][V]