In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This will cheer up some of you

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
IMG_0559_zps35a1fce5.jpg

190 W bound, right lane 65 in a 70.

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't get it.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In PA they can't even pull you over for that.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,243 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I missed the boat on this one.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    Impeding traffic in the left lane [:D]

I thought it was for his parking in the Lowes parking lot.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Don't ya go to the "GreyBar Hotel" nowadays for taking a Pic of PoPo in action?
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think he was pointing out that he was going slow in the slow lane (right lane); unlike his usual slow in the fast lane (left lane)! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******
    edited November -1
    ...someone needs a good tasering,,,,[;)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The rest of the story

I was pulling a empty utility trailer and driving in the right lane 5 under the limit when I passed the popo. Never thought anything about it until the Christmas tree on wheels rolls up behind me.

She comes up to the door and says she pulled me over for expired tags and no brake lights or turn signals. Now, folks, I want you to know she has a damn good set of eyes, because I wasn't using signals and the plate is mounted half way under the trailer!

None the less, she gave me a ticket for exp tags and warnings on the lights. She was rather friendly considering the last popo I come across. She said I could just have the company renew the tags and send the receipt to the judge and all will be fine.

What caught me off guard is I have ALWAYS heard and subscribed to the "unwritten rule" that trailer did not need lights during the day and if empty. Long as the vehicle lights were visible, it was OK. Is this not true?

She said she stopped me because the brake lights and signals didn't work, but how would she have known? I was going down the road, I wasn't on my brakes or planning a lane change or exit?

Anyways, it's a nothing deal, but it surprised me she wasted her and my time over nothing. While sitting there, I noticed every trailer going by had some faulty light.

One more thing, when I pulled out of the drive this morning, I could see the brake lights light the drive way. So I am pretty sure they were in fact working.

Anyways, figured some of you would get a kick out of me being pulled over.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Did you not have to signal and apply brakes to pull over? THAT'S how she knew about those.[:)]
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love people that think they do not need trailer lights. Makes me want to do something stupid [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    Did you not have to signal and apply brakes to pull over? THAT'S how she knew about those.[:)]

I didn't signal to pull over. SWhe was pulling me over, why would I waste my time to tell the world what the red and blue lights are telling them?

As for the other comments, the reason air comp are built narrower than trucks is because they use to not have lights, you simply used the lights of the truck.

I just had no idea the law had changed, I know big trucks have to have lights, but if the vehicle lights are suffcient, what's the point?

I NEVER use lights with air comps and this is the first time in 19 years on the trailer, so I am not sweating it.

I will make up for it by running the bmw 188 mph tomorrow. And then triple parking in a home depot parking lot.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,391 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:What caught me off guard is I have ALWAYS heard and subscribed to the "unwritten rule" that trailer did not need lights during the day and if empty. Long as the vehicle lights were visible, it was OK. Is this not true?
    I'm almost 52 years old, and I have NEVER heard such a thing.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

I didn't signal to pull over. SWhe was pulling me over, why would I waste my time to tell the world what the red and blue lights are telling them?

As for the other comments, the reason air comp are built narrower than trucks is because they use to not have lights, you simply used the lights of the truck.

I just had no idea the law had changed, I know big trucks have to have lights, but if the vehicle lights are suffcient, what's the point?

I NEVER use lights with air comps and this is the first time in 19 years on the trailer, so I am not sweating it.

I will make up for it by running the bmw 188 mph tomorrow. And then triple parking in a home depot parking lot.

So, basically you're saying that turn signals are optional equipment on your vehicle? I know they weren't on mine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No zulu, what I am saying the vehicle lights are clearly visible. A truck and trailer and counted as a vehicle, 1 unit. So why the double set of lights? I understand why at night, or when loaded and the load blocks the lights of the vehicle.

But broad daylight and visible tail, brake and signal on the vehicle should suffice.

It has forever far as I know. I had no idea the law had changed. Or maybe it has always been the law and it was lax enforcement?
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    it has always been the law that if you have a tagged trailer then you lights on that trailer need to work[B)]

PS[B)] why do you think that they were put on the trailer for[?]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was she cute???Did she frisk ya all??[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    it has always been the law that if you have a tagged trailer then you lights on that trailer need to work[B)]

PS[B)] why do you think that they were put on the trailer for[?]

when the trailer was loaded and blocked the truck lights and for night time because let's face it, some people cant see by the headlights alone. Those trailers sneak up on them pretty often.

Oakie:
    She plays for the wrong team! All I can say.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..Put a 'slow moving vehicle' triangle like farmers use on the back.
    I don't go far with untagged, unlighted trailers, but it has kept me out of trouble. I wouldn't try it on the interstate though.
    ..Where did the term "PoPo" come from? Sounds like ebonics...[xx(]
  • Options
    sgm hagsgm hag Member Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In OK the law says that anything extending over three (3) feet past the rear end of the vehicle body must at least have a red flag attached to it and any wheeled vehicle, including trailers being towed behind another vehicle must have all appropriate lighting as the tow vehicle. That's why tow vehicles have those magnetic lights that they stick on the back of the vehicle they're towing.

I hate to get trapped behind any vehicle that doesn't have proper lighting. You don't have any idea what they're fixing to do until you suddenly find yourself tromping on your brake pedal![:(!]
  • Options
    booter_onebooter_one Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November -1
    Several jurisdictions, installed lighting shall be operational. Some States, trailers may not require lights for day use only. This goes back to the first line though, installed lights/lighting shall be operational. As always, different laws for different States.

Looks like you helped educate some of us.
  • Options
    PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I don't know why auto-manufacturers bother putting tail-lights and turn signals on vehicles anymore other than the law says they have to.

'round here 9 in 10 motorists (doesn't matter the age or gender of the offender) never use the signals or even try to brake for stop signs/lights. They roll in at 10 or more over the posted speed limit and whip around the corner through the red/stop sign no matter if there's cross traffic or not.

The popo is never around and the 1 in 10 the popo is there, they never do anything.