In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My Earthquake story... funny!

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
My parents own a 2 bedroom mobile home (weekend home) on a lake about 75minutes south of here.

Tori and I headed down to stay with them for the weekend, boating, fishing, etc.

We spent the day out on the water, came in, everyone got cleaned up, and we had dinner. Took the golf cart out down the trails, to the water, etc.

Everyone decided to retire to bed about 1 am. Certain events transpired (in our bedroom) and when we had finished, I went out to get a bottle of water.

As I was walking out of the kitchen, my mom came rushing down the hallway saying, "Hey, did you feel that? The whole house was shaking, and the pictures were swinging back and forth on the walls." Of course we denied it and started mocking them. Dad got all pissed off because he was so certain we had an earthquake and we didn't believe him.

The next morning he was still swearing up and down about the "earthquake" and that it would be on the news (nothing).

We never did tell them, because I know my dad will be running around the neighborhood asking the neighbors about the "earthquake". They already think he's crazy as it is, this will just add to it.
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments