In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just for you Captfun

bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Cruised over to Red's Ice House on Shem Creek for a bite...

This is around 4pm and we were stacked 5-6 deep.
DSCN2159_zpso8qrrnqt.jpg

DSCN2169_zpszofiqcxp.jpg

New bridge:
DSCN2173_zpsvxrufkfj.jpg

Mt. Pleasant side with new park/fishing pier in bottom-center.
DSCN2175_zpsg5yex60r.jpg

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been over that bridge a few times. Close to Patriots point. Love Charleston SC
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Been over that bridge a few times. Close to Patriots point. Love Charleston SC

And ya didn't even say "Hey!"?
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the pix. MrsFun was there last weekend visiting her Mom and some friends. Way back in the day there was a place called The Trawler one spot closer to the bridge and I think the place that was where Reds is now was called "The Cooler" That was a favorite of my Father in Law. The original Trawler burned to the ground in early '89 and then Hugo washed away the new building.

In high school I had a few friends that lived up the creek from there and had sweet deep water docks in their back yard. (The bridge over Shem Creek back then did not have much clearance though)

I do love the new Ravenel bridge so much more than the Grace and Pearman ones.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "stacked 5-6" deep reminds me of the Rockville Regatta. We were stacked 10 deep all up the creek. Still have some good friends live over in Wadmalaw. I miss the Lowcountry.... (And LA ... thats Lower Alabama....)
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spent some time in Charleston in 2010, rode the Harley over that bridge and spent an entire day on the carrier.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charleston is one of our favorite places to visit . started going when the boys were just little nose minors to patriots point to the ships and fireworks .
    the old section of town is a interesting place
    thanks for the kick start on the memories [;)]
    the bridges are a sight in them self
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I grew up in Hanahan, remember The Trawler well. Granny would get down on the floorboard when we went over the old Grace Memorial Bridge. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yup, small world guys. The Trawler was the place to take your gal back then, if you really wanted to impress her.

Couple of more names were Vickery's, A.W. Shucks, RB's, etc., some of which are still here.
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    I grew up in Hanahan, remember The Trawler well. Granny would get down on the floorboard when we went over the old Grace Memorial Bridge. [:D]
    me too, never knew granny though, we lived right across from the high school. my uncle owned the shoe store on Mountague ave. we would go past the trawler to the old bridge and fish. had 900 speed bump that was the greatest thing back in the day
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang small world I've lived here in Hanahan for 35 years!

quote:Originally posted by evileye fleagal
    me too, never knew granny though, we lived right across from the high school. my uncle owned the shoe store on Mountague ave. we would go past the trawler to the old bridge and fish. had 900 speed bump that was the greatest thing back in the day
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Dang small world I've lived here in Hanahan for 35 years!

quote:Originally posted by evileye fleagal

Dang I live in Hanahan to Mogeley where you at.Lets go shootin and grab a beer I know a place that has a few sexy little bartenders.