In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what are you doing for all the Moms' in your life?

53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
She has passed on breakfast, so we (daughters and I) can relax 'till lunch.

Then I'm out to fire up the fire pit, for some steak, grilled over mesquite. The girls are putting the salad together, cucumber and onion in a white vinegarette, making a sweet corn casserole, some baked beans, and baked 'taters.

Wife kicks back to enjoy a day in the life of a queen.

I'll state it publicly, she mostly, deserves it. [:D]

My Mom gets flowers and a call as she is 1000miles away.

Love ya Ma!

Comments

• NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mom wants her hair done so we went to the salone and paid for what she wants done. My wifes mother is in Florida, so we sent her a card and gift certificate.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both of our mothers are gone. The boys are grown. They will call and that's all their mother wants.
    Her day with me will be like this. I washed and fueled the boat today. Ran both motors and the genset. Chilled a bottle of champagne. Marinating two filet mignons. Created a potato dish. Got gas for the boat grill. I'm taking her out on anchor, grilling for her and letting her spend some hours in the SoFla sun working on her tan. I'm her captain for the day. (I'll enjoy this as much as she does)
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AND, I have to take her shooting on Monday. That's a no-pooper. She said she wants to shoot. How lucky am I?
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    We haven't spoken to Mike's adoptive mom in four years. She is quite possibly the most mentally disturbed person I have ever met.

My mom, who was an amazing person, mother, and grandmother died eight years ago.

Happy Mother's Day...
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Flowers and a phone call. She is 1600 miles away. My wifes mother has passed and my mom has adopted her. I honestly think if something EVER happened between my mom and I, mom would keep her and kick me to the curb!

Love ya' mom,
    Lance
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just got done pulling weeds, mom is 86 doesn't get out in the yard much, we then took her to lowes and let her pick out all the flowers she wanted, mulch, and black plastic, tommorrow morning I get to put it all in the flower beds for her, did I mention I hate flowers, but mom gets what she wants and I hope when I get to that age I do to.[;)]