In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

33 cast bullets

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
could anybody know where I can buy Winchester 33 caliber cast bullets. Somebody told me there was some on e bay last week but I missed those

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buffalo arms may have what you need

Mike
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,465 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're wanting 33wcf. Selway Armory has 2 boxes left loaded by PCI
    http://www.selwayarmory.com/shop-by-category/rifle-ammunition/33-winchester.html
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,465 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Graf's handles the same brand they may have it also it's not bad ammo I use their 30 Remington
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Seems like ya could cast or buy some .35 cal bullets, and push em through a .33 sizer?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do not have the skills or the equipment to make or work with casting bullets. I know there is somebody out there that makes this stuff I just can't seem to find them.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an 1886 Winchester take-down in .33 wcf

The last time I bought components was from graf and buffalo

I have hand loads done by my father and a bunch of custom loads from the gunshop days and I think I box or two from superior ammunition

I have maybe 150 loaded rounds and another 200 assorted cases

I have oddlot boxes and weird amounts of factory jacketed bullets and some lead cast heads

I have a Lyman mold as well and some random oddlot components

It's been 20 years since its been fired and I don't imagine I will ever need more components or loaded ammo for the gun

I used to hoard stuff - there is a coffee jar of assorted non matching brass with unknown history

The gun likes heavy bullets and hot loads which tend to be punishing out of the gun

Been a fan of the .33 wcf since boyhood - my dad bought the gun from a department store table display in Philadelphia in the 60's

I have put maybe 200 rounds through it at 100 and 200 yds

Beautiful gun with locking lug action like an artillery piece

Greyback wildcats might have some - maybe Natchez can help if you call them

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The problem I am running into, if I want loaded ammo is the minimum 0f $ 30 UPS has now. At least that is what I was told. Bullets alone of course can come USPS. I do not reload but a good friend does. I more than likely will not shoot the gun that much any way.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dodge69
    The problem I am running into, if I want loaded ammo is the minimum 0f $ 30 UPS has now. At least that is what I was told. Bullets alone of course can come USPS. I do not reload but a good friend does. I more than likely will not shoot the gun that much any way.

can you get a local gun shop to order one box with their next order?? would save shipping.