In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hooray for Sham-Wow!

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
We had a plumbing emergency at the rental house this morning.
Roots had grown in and clogged the main sewage pipe down near the bottom of the driveway.
The sewage had backed up and was coming out of the toilet in the basement.
I went over there, the tenants had gone to work.
I saw that maybe 4 gallons of water had flowed out of the toilet and soaked the rug. We have one of those astroturf rugs down there, it is a finished basement.
The water just had some flakes of toilet paper in it, it didn't smell bad, and I didn't see any doo-doo. Shower water I guess.
Well I got Roto Rooter man to come over and root out the pipe. He got a lot of fine, tiny hair like roots out of there. Pretty good deal for $185 on the Saturday of a 3 day holiday.
I got a towel and got a gallon or so of water out of this carpet. I got about all a towel could get.

Then I remembered, as I had mentioned on the ShamWow thread a week ago, my girlfriend had seen that stupid ad on tv. I had ordered a pack of the things for her. I had gotten the package two weeks ago but never had opened it, figured the stuff was junk and I had no use for them.
I figured it was time to put the rookie into the big game.
The Sham-Wow worked great. I used a technique not shown on tv, the double Sham-Wow trick. I laid one big ShamWow down, then laid another right on top of it.
Then, as I had done with the towel, I stepped all over it to soak up the water.
I got up 2 gallons of water with the Sham-Wow.

I know, you could use a wet-dry shop vac, but I haven't got one, didn't feel like driving down to Home Depot.

ShamWow is a great product.

Comments

• Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You better order some more in the next 20 minutes because they don't have all friggin day to wait for you.[;)]
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    I know what two (one gallon) plastic jugs of milk weighs. Transposing that in my mind, the towels must have been quite heavy, indeed.

Trying to envision in my mind the weight of a grocery-bag with two gallons of milk in it. Too heavy for my comprehension.

Two gallons...WOW!!

Best, Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had to squeeze out the ShamWows, and then lay them down, and step on them again, then squeeze them out again. I had to do this 50 times to get up the 2 gallons.

The amazing commercial says it soaks up 20 times its weight in water. But, a Sham Wow doesn't weigh much, just a couple ounces maybe.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Invest in a wet/dry vac,........don't enable that meth head selling that crap to stay on longer than necessary!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Invest in a wet/dry vac,........don't enable that meth head selling that crap to stay on longer than necessary!

You had better watch what you say!
    His name is Vince and we are having him over for Sunday dinner, he is my newfound buddy.
    By the way, Vince has assured me that he is not a meth head. He just drinks lots and lots of coffee. He just loves Starbucks.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

His name is Vince and we are having him over for Sunday dinner, he is my newfound buddy.
    By the way, Vince has assured me that he is not a meth head. He just drinks lots and lots of coffee. He just loves Starbucks.

I'm glad you cleared that up,........enjoy dinner, and watch for the bleeding gums![:0][:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

I hate to tell U this Allen, but, if your friend Vince can afford THAT MUCH Starbucks, he prob. is sellin CRANK/METH! [xx(]
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to question how you can wash it in the washing machine. How would the machine ever fill up with water? Don
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    I have to question how you can wash it in the washing machine. How would the machine ever fill up with water? Don

You putz, you dry clean them.[:D]
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There he is again on my tv