In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

flu again

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
yep little 1911 came home from school with a temp of 102 last week, {automatically a 24 hour suspension}, his lasted 3 days, my oldest got it Saturday , i go to work load my truck and BAM right in the face, nothing like driving 300 miles while dizzy running a fever, and the dry heaves

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    any sore throat, head aches, or other indicators of the pandemic Swine flu???

Hope you recover soon!
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    the dam schools are the best chance to catch any epidemic around..they are nothin but dam germ factorys[:(!]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    any sore throat, head aches, or other indicators of the pandemic Swine flu???

Hope you recover soon!

is there any difference between that and reg flu?

i'm glad the kids gave it a test drive first, now i know what to expect[:)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    H1N1 is the most common circulating strain right now, having almost totally replaced the others for the time being.

Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea are way more common with H1N1, pretty uncommon with the others.

Tamiflu, or Relenza, will both be effective in reducing duration and severity for H1N1, most other strains common are resistant to Tamiflu.

How do Tamiflu and Relenza work? Do they just help with the symptoms or do they actively go after the virus...and if so, how do they work (in laymen terms). Thanks!

Eric
  • Options
    dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    1911,.....been kissing any pigs?[:D] Hope you recover soon!