In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I hate health insurance companies

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
My job is going through a major change,the rep agency I have worked for the last 8yrs is going under.As I started to look for a new job the new agency taking over called me and wanted me to keep my territory,some major changes though,pay will stay the same but I have had a company credit card for expenses and now I have to use my own money and fill out an expense report,second thing is the new company does not do group health insurance,they offer no health insurance at all.what they do is you find individual
insurance .they prefer Blue Cross , and they will pay for it up to $200 a month on your expense report,,,So I called blue cross,went through their plans found one I liked for $180 a month,we even worked out the billing to make it good for me,I was going to pay it quarterly, Lady on the phone told me all was OK and I would be getting my first bill in days.Mail run today,Blue Cross envolope,expected new bill,,,what I recieved was a rejection letter,no explanation why,not squat except to tell me I was high risk and if I want insurance I have to go through a high risk pool.I have not been sick in years,go to the Doc once a year just to get checked out,not on any meds,the only thing I can think of is the fact I am 48.I just checked out the pool insurance and it covers squat

Comments