In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Inmate dies after

Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Botched execution in OKLA................ Wait a minute, isn't that whats supposed to happen.

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    AWE!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/29/oklahoma-executions-drugs-lethal-injection/8476389/

The 38-year-old Lockett, who was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman and watching two accomplices bury her alive in 1999, was pronounced dead in the execution chamber at 7:06 p.m. CT.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the rest of the planet hopefully lived happily ever after
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a waste. . . . of perfectly good organs!
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,996 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alls well that ends well.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All this controversy about drug cocktails used in executions.

What's wrong with 3 30-06 bullets to the forehead, no suffering and a quick death. Messy, yes, but very efficient.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,243 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every day, thousands of dogs and cats are painlessly put to sleep.
    The libs and the ACLU have filed suit after suit to ban this drug and that drug, so that it is difficult for prison officials to get a good drug to use to kill human vermin like the guy in this case.
    Of course, the goal of the libs is to do away with capital punishment altogether.

Like that slimeball in Utah who perished several decades ago, four .30-30 slugs to the chest are known to cause quick and painless death.
    Or if not painless, it may be painful. It may hurt like hell, but it doesn't hurt for long.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never understood why not just carbon dioxide countless people go t sleep never wake up in there own home due to it suicides are done with a car and closed garage . give them a bottle of Jack tune in the favorite music and turn out the lights and turn on the co2 drift off to the happy hunting ground .
    or just a bullet to the back of the head there choice
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty

What's wrong with 3 30-06 bullets to the forehead, no suffering and a quick death. Messy, yes, but very efficient.

Whats wrong with 5 pounds of tannerite around the cod sack and 1 30-06?
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    The libs and the ACLU have filed suit after suit to ban this drug and that drug, so that it is difficult for prison officials to get a good drug to use to kill human vermin like the guy in this case.
    Of course, the goal of the libs is to do away with capital punishment altogether.

Like that slimeball in Utah who perished several decades ago, four .30-30 slugs to the chest are known to cause quick and painless death.
    Or if not painless, it may be painful. It may hurt like hell, but it doesn't hurt for long.

But they are perfectly OK with killing unborn babies. Anybody else see a problem here?
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

But they are perfectly OK with killing unborn babies. Anybody else see a problem here?
    I have seen this problem way to many times...
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

In their minds the inmates are innocent.
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So the guilty are not held accountable while the innocent are given the death sentence. What is the scariest part of this is there are millions of people in this once great country who think that not only is this OK, it is the desirable outcome. $^##$@((&%^ liberals!

If the ultra left had its way, people like us would be rounded up and eliminated for the good of society. If they ever get our guns we will be rounded up, maybe just for relocation to reeducation camps. This is why if/when they ever come for our guns and ammo we must totally cooperate and first give them all the ammo we have!!
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, by writing the above, how many governmental agencies are now watching me???
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

In their minds the inmates are innocent.
    In there minds unborn babies are the guilty party.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    And he died forty min later of a heart attack. Wonder if the families of his victims really care how he died......he died. I find it rather silly the the gov't can't find a solution to a quick death of those who have been condemned to die. Why is this so darn hard? OD the bums on death row and get it over with! This is not a hard problem.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounded to me like the drugs worked great. He should have been buried alive those forty minutes it took for him to die.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder how much $$$ the family will reap from the wrongful death suite. Leave it to the govt to make simple stuff complicated.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    YUPquote:Originally posted by us55840
    Botched execution in OKLA................ Wait a minute, isn't that whats supposed to happen.

The person was there for an execution.

Why in the hell did they try to revive him once he started having an heart attack?

Stupid government actions evident again.

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    He shot young Stephanie Nieman two weeks after her high school graduation. Shot her twice, and she didn't die. So they dug a shallow grave and covered her up to die in the ground, buried alive.

And that was just one despicable crime that day. Details and link to an appeals court ruling:
    http://www.oklahomalegalgroup.com/news/appeals-court-upholds-death-penalty-for-ponca-city-man
    http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/11/11-6040.pdf

Ain't no onions being cut up over this piece of filth's mildly unpleasant demise. He suffered less and for a briefer time than his victim.

The Death Penalty does not work very well as a deterrent to crime.

As righteous vengeance though, it does just fine.

I'm good with that.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is the ones NOT involved... not the victims/relation who are yelling the loudest for mercy and forgiveness..screw them and the perp till they themselves get a personal taste of the violence..and I think in many cases the same death should be enforced as the perp dished out.....
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    well look a tojo the japanese general of ww-2 fame, he shot himself and we nursed him back to health, only to give him a hemp neck tie. according to T.S. uncle albert,one of the i don,t give a crap crowd.
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1

problem is shooting somebody is a very intimate act in comparison to hitting a button and having a machine pump chemicals into somebody.

That means somebody has to be willing to do it, and do it over and over again. As much as people say they are bad ace out there, killing somebody can take a toll.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nards444

problem is shooting somebody is a very intimate act in comparison to hitting a button and having a machine pump chemicals into somebody.

That means somebody has to be willing to do it, and do it over and over again. As much as people say they are bad ace out there, killing somebody can take a toll.

True, I agree.

Still, this is a big country. Ought to be able to find enough people to handle matters, who can deal with it all.

Of course, I know people who would run to volunteer to shoot a certain Arizona death row inmate in various body parts. I'd volunteer myself. Even if the burden left me needing a shrink after. Having handled that little eight year old girl's bones, having her face burned into my memory, having detailed knowledge of precisely what he did before he killed her and exactly how he killed her....

A certain sense of "Here, hand me the gun, I'll do it" eases into the front of my thoughts with a mood of grim duty ahead.

Won't happen. Even if it were legal, her family members come first. All I did was find some of her.

Emphasis there is on "some".
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem isn't the time it took him to die. The problem is the 15 years it took to get to that point & that is a short time for most of them.
    I keep hearing about all the deaths from drug overdoses. Why not just give them a hotshot of one of those drugs & let them go out happy?
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by nards444

I seriously doubt any state would have a problem getting 'volunteers' to serve in a firing squad.

[:0]

Probably not. But my point was is its a little harder then just pulling triggers. A lot goes into it mentally. What if the guy you shot ended up being innocent, could you live with that. And the state isng going to just hire redneck billy to come in and do the jobs. These officers will be vetted and have other jobs within the justice department as well.

Im an advocate of the firing squad to be honest as well. But theres a lot to think about.
  • Options
    kabarkabar Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He deserved every minute of suffering after what he did to that girl.[:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    800fthi800fthi Member Posts: 196
    edited November -1
    I'm a veterinarian and have put hundreds of animals to sleep, from mouse size to 1500 lb horses. I don't know what the problem is, I would have them sleeping and heart stopped within 1 minute. Hire a vet to do it.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Karma" will get ya every time.[8D]
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I blame the liberals for banning the drugs that worked
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    I blame the liberals for banning the drugs that worked

Like Hemp?
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    He shot young Stephanie Nieman two weeks after her high school graduation. Shot her twice, and she didn't die. So they dug a shallow grave and covered her up to die in the ground, buried alive.

And that was just one despicable crime that day. Details and link to an appeals court ruling:
    http://www.oklahomalegalgroup.com/news/appeals-court-upholds-death-penalty-for-ponca-city-man
    http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/11/11-6040.pdf

Ain't no onions being cut up over this piece of filth's mildly unpleasant demise. He suffered less and for a briefer time than his victim.

The Death Penalty does not work very well as a deterrent to crime.

As righteous vengeance though, it does just fine.

I'm good with that.

what goes around comes around
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hangings worked great for years
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call up "Ol' Sparky". Very few walked away from him!!
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The thing I never got was that there are pounds of drugs in each police lock up. Why don't they just get a once of smack and pump that junk in the condemed? It's a win win. It gets rid of the drugs and inmate all in one shot.
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1

+1 Sure got their priorities all screwed up.