In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Moderators:

I propose we make a sticky where we all can post our rants relating to feelings of superiority derived from a sense that our beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person; and how to avoid random acts of kindness.

We may call it:

THE SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS RANT.

Feel free to post your opinions relating to sex, religion, politics, race, or your one favorite deadly seven sin of the day.

quote:
As originally posted by Luke 18:9-14:

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.' "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

I'll start:

"These bleening pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Sheet!

Rant over.

[:(!]

Comments