In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Be careful out there!

BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I've done an amazing range of mischief to myself over the years. All are usually from trying to do something alone or that I shouldn't

It's been a good thing in the long run; I have an idea of how dangerous some things really are. From trying to stop an engine block from falling on somebody when it really wasn't (didn't lose that finger!) to moving a 250lb arbor press by picking it up (back's almost healed!), I'm not ashamed that by being human, I make mistakes. I'm happy to say that my mistakes in the past make me very conscious of what I'm doing nowadays

But sometimes I can still need a lesson. I was washing the dishes. Anybody have that basket on the drying rack that holds the silverware? Well I'm washing and rinsing, washing and rinsing. I plop some forks into that basket, and something slips out toward the floor. I have good reflexes, so I nab it before it hits.

My sharpest carving knife. And I grabbed it hard. By the handle, by sheer luck

Be careful out there!

Comments