In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Old Place....

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
....to eat "Snapper" throats...and fried sweetators....
IMG_1041%20Sun%20Set_zpscqbncftg.jpg
IMG_1042%20sun%20set%202_zpsmlw2ejcj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Cap'n Funs ole stomping digs....[:o)]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, that's the new place at Fly Creek. My BIL told all about the drama with the previous operators and the landlord. Looks nice. I have tossed a net many times up in that creek hauling in shrimp. Will have to try it out next time we are down.

How was the grub?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    Oh, that's the new place at Fly Creek. My BIL told all about the drama with the previous operators and the landlord. Looks nice. I have tossed a net many times up in that creek hauling in shrimp. Will have to try it out next time we are down.

How was the grub?
    Make sure you get a high liner credit card....yep,the food was good!Snapper Throats is a specialty! I got the double burger,and sweet tator fries(wife the same)water and ice tea...$42.00 out the door...you know,its Fairhope![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BTW...the city (Fairhope) with the new mayor, has decided to take over the Marina....say they can run it better than the lease owners...[:o)][:o)]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Fly Creek Marina or the one at the Pier?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fly Creek!.....They do not own the Restaurant property and dry storage...
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is a Snapper throat?

Googled it, honestly if I had ever been served that before now I would be pissed! Apparently I don't know what I am missing.

Go figure you really do learn something new everyday.

Only good on Snapper and Grouper or other fish as well?
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    What is a Snapper throat?

Googled it, honestly if I had ever been served that before now I would be pissed! Apparently I don't know what I am missing.

Go figure you really do learn something new everyday.

Only good on Snapper and Grouper or other fish as well?

..the throat of a American Red Snapper is a delicacy that was promoted by the late William (Bill) Bailey of south Mobile,Al...his signature dish of West Indies Salad was revered all over the south....You can use Grouper as well,but not to large of fish....I like the small throats of a 5-6lb fish...the texture is much better...I'm a fresh fried mullet fan myself, with cheese grits as a dipping sauce...cole slaw as a side...[;)]