In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the real sad part is that animal control has been called out several times about this pig being loose. I think they are the rack the owner

Normally I would say make the guy pay for medical expenses plus pain and suffering, but where he has been warned several times, throw him in jail and throw the key away
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,243 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good thing that Mom ran out there and kicked and punched the pig, while it had the little girl's arm in his jaws.

Pigs have been known to eat little children. In the Canterbury Tales Chaucer wrote of a pig eating a baby from the cradle, 800 years ago.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BBQ at the county jail on Friday... Bring a side...
  • Options
    tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, my brother is a jailer at the Lauderdale jail!! He is coming down to visit next week for the Water Valley Water melon carnival. I'll try and get the full or better story from him.

You think a pit bull is bad? Not only will a pig kill you, it will also eat you. They are bad to the bone. When my uncle had a large farm, if a chicken happened to fly over fence and land in hog pen, it was a goner!! I don't see how they saved the child.

Oh, yes, even had our cousin in brother's jail few months ago. You forget to pay any sort of fine in Lauderdale county, they like to catch you on a Friday so you can spend whole weekend in jail. He hates this job. Tom
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was deer hunting in Evergreen,Al.....we would take our deer to a processor that had a pig pen next to the slaughter house...they would skin the deer and and toss guts, hoofs , and heads into that pen.. and they ate it all....it was dark and you could here bone being crushed by those big hogs.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That kid is lucky.

The family should have shot the hog.
    RLTW

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Brooks the farmer down the street used to toss snakes in the pig pen and they would shred em.

As kids we would walk the fence, and I remember my father always telling me not to fall in the pen, but I don't think I realized how dangerous they were.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hogs will clean out a swamp full of snakes!Seen them suck a snake down like spaghetti....
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to do stream shocking for the DNR years ago when I worked as a fishery Biologist. When we came across a carp in the stream we would not throw it back but put it in the shocker boat. When ever we crossed a farm and they had pigs we would unload the boat in the pig pen. It was a squealing knashing crunching mess. They went wild! You would not believe how fast they could destroy a large carp.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A hog can crush a black walnut with no problem. That little girl is lucky she still has an arm. The article said the mother picked up and beat the hog. Didn't happen, that hog decided to just do something different.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree wundudness, I've seen a guy bend a T post over a hogs head and didn't deter him one bit. Short of hitting one with truck I'm sure I can't hit one hard enough to stop it from doing something it wants to do.

Thank God, she escaped.

KC
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...my Dad used the butt end of an axe to kill many hogs(couldn't waste 22 ammo)...hit them square between the eyes...2-300 lb hogs..