In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

....and...the number 1 Vehicle...

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a surprise.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,827 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    "Ford"
    NUFF SAID!!
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    Been that way for many years. Don't expect it will change soon.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally wouldn't trade my 12 year old Chevy Silverado for any truck that Ford ever made new or old. The only thing that's ever been replaced on mine is the battery and one set of tires. Still has the same spark plugs that came in it new.

IMG_0053_zpsca9457dc.jpg

DSCN0450_zpse4hp7n5y.jpg
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    I personally wouldn't trade my 12 year old Chevy Silverado for any truck that Ford ever made new or old. The only thing that's ever been replaced on mine is the battery and one set of tires. Still has the same spark plugs that came in it new.

IMG_0053_zpsca9457dc.jpg

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    someone that doesnt like FORD might post up a link that ford has announced one massive recall
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As much as I love Ford they are pricing the regular working man right out of a truck. The new Ram we bought for under $28K brand new if it said Ford it would have been all of $40K.

Sorry but there is not a 1/2 truck worth $40K and the Super Dutys, Christ all mighty I can buy another 3 year old Peterbilt for th cost of a new F-350!!!

While I hate Dodge I could not pass up that truck for that price, sorry Ford, over $12K difference in price and you lose.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    As much as I love Ford they are pricing the regular working man right out of a truck. The new Ram we bought for under $28K brand new if it said Ford it would have been all of $40K.

Sorry but there is not a 1/2 truck worth $40K and the Super Dutys, Christ all mighty I can buy another 3 year old Peterbilt for th cost of a new F-350!!!

While I hate Dodge I could not pass up that truck for that price, sorry Ford, over $12K difference in price and you lose.

Saw the new F150 at a display, its was a beauty with a 2.7 Ecoboost Turbo, not even the 3.5 ecoboost, sticker was $47,340. A buddy of mine drives rental vehciels as his work car, just picked up a new F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. he loves it, says it is areal beast compared to the 2014 5.0 F-150 he drove 8 months ago.
    edited November -1
    Why do you think the Ford is expensive? The best always cost more than the rest! You Dodge folks check your resale value! Chevrolet is yeaterdays newspaper...same old pushrod engine....[:o)]
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,460 ✭✭
    edited November -1

IMG_0053_zpsca9457dc.jpg

DSCN0450_zpse4hp7n5y.jpg

Guess I better get me some GM windshield wiper blades, brake pads, oil filters, oil and such. [:D]
  • KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

A 2003 Chevy is a lot better product than a 2015 Chevy. After the transformation into "Government Motors" I ended up buying a new Ford and have been very happy with it. Your 2003 Chevy would be what I refer to as a "pre-ban" GM product, I still have my 1985 Chevy (guess I could call it a "pre-86 transferable") [;)]
  • rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    it's a pre-bammy
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,054 ******
    edited November -1
    Is ford a GM product??
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MG1890

Guess I better get me some GM windshield wiper blades, brake pads, oil filters, oil and such. [:D]

I guess you should since my truck still has the original wiper blades and brake pads along with the original belts and hoses. I do change the oil and filters and that's been it.
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well get ready, nothing last forever and that truck is due to hit the wall. just sayin'
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I guess you should since my truck still has the original wiper blades and brake pads along with the original belts and hoses. I do change the oil and filters and that's been it.

age will get you on those belts and hoses. I usually change mine when they get 5 yrs old. You are playing with fire.
    edited November -1
    ...going back and forth to the store,will age a Chevy!..[:o)]
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smitty you need to get out more. In 12 years just changed the tires, heck a Yugo would still be great.
    edited November -1
    Residual value determines the worth of a vehicle.[:o)]
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My last FOUR Fords were total lemons.
    Never again.
    [V]barto[V]
    edited November -1

Toyota is the champion in that category.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,827 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    While that's a real nice looking pickup Smitty posted, he obviously doesn't "work" that pickup. It spends it's life doing duty as a car. When you guys are out and about notice all the pickups/light trucks that actually spend their life working. I don't mean diddly fartin' around with a ladder, or a couple sheets of OSB in the back, I mean actually working. You'll notice that at least 90% of them are sporting a blue oval.[^]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    While that's a real nice looking pickup Smitty posted, he obviously doesn't "work" that pickup. It spends it's life doing duty as a car. When you guys are out and about notice all the pickups/light trucks that actually spend their life working. I don't mean diddly fartin' around with a ladder, or a couple sheets of OSB in the back, I mean actually working. You'll notice that at least 90% of them are sporting a blue oval.[^]

My pickup tows an 8,000 pound 34 ft. travel trailer. How many other people's 1/2 pick-up tows that much weight. My truck sees a hell of a lot more work than the average farm truck.

Rockwood8315BSS004-1.jpg
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

My pickup tows an 8,000 pound 34 ft. travel trailer. How many other people's 1/2 pick-up tows that much weight. My truck sees a hell of a lot more work than the average farm truck.

Rockwood8315BSS004-1.jpg

Have you ever got any cow sheet on it?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent

[/quote]

If I did I'd wash it off. Same thing with mud when it gets dirty I wash it. When you do that you can keep any vehicle looking nice for many years.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drl50

Not hardly...Mercedes Benze...and Jeep Wrangler
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drl50

Not hardly...Mercedes Benze...and Jeep Wrangler

Sorry. I got sidetracked to thinking just trucks? Actually as a brand, Honda is the winner. Here's the list by category:
    http://blog.truecar.com/2012/12/06/truecar-and-alg-reveal-new-car-residual-values/
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,460 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Rockwood8315BSS004-1.jpg

On the original brake pads even! [:D]
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had an '88 Dodge D150. So did the tree. Think it had the 4.3 with a 4 speed automatic. My first new vehicle. Then . . .

New '91 or so Mitsubishi Mighty Max 2.3 w/ 5 sp manual. Beat it to hell and back.

New '01 Ford Ranger XLT. 2.5 or whatever 4 cylinder 5 speed manual. Nice truck.

Now a factory-ordered 2013 Sierra SLE Beige on Mocha regular cab & 6.5' bed. It has the 4.8 V8 and bullet-proof 4-speed auto. Real sweet ride. Bummer is that it will only tow 4700. Although I recently crossed the country towing 4500, and the truck would easily have pulled twice that. Prolly wreck the suspension, brakes, trans, et cetera.

Would have bought a Ford except I had become over-annoyed by Ford's over-saturation branding of the vehicle. You cannot remove badging easily on the Ford.

Next tuck will be a Lariat extended cab full leather. Tow-Extra package. And it's gota have power folding mirrors.
    edited November -1

On the original brake pads even! [:D]

Yep, no mountains around here. I'd say they're good for another 40,000 miles.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dad only had Chevy. I'm probably ly owned as many ford's as GM, maybe more. Right now 3 ford's, 3 GM's and a jeep. That's too many. 10 years old is the newest.
  • texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent

If I did I'd wash it off. Same thing with mud when it gets dirty I wash it. When you do that you can keep any vehicle looking nice for many years.

[/quote]

How many miles on your ride?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by texaswildman

69,946 miles.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by texaswildman