In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PWillie Snapper Season?

CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
Did you see the news today about this years Snapper season???

http://wkrg.com/2016/04/27/long-non-stop-red-snapper-season-to-begin-in-late-may/

I may get to go snapper fishing for the first time in 20 plus years!

Comments

• Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ??? some times adopted pets take a while to get used to new home
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    I live on northeast fla, waiting to see if we get to go snapper fishing this year, one or two days, if the weathers to rough, won't get to go!
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 46270
    I live on northeast fla, waiting to see if we get to go snapper fishing this year, one or two days, if the weathers to rough, won't get to go!

Ever since I went to college and the season moves all around I have not been able to get there before the state closed the season. Thankfully my sister shares their harvest with us so I do get some yummy fresh snapper.

Hopefully this year I will get to reel in my daily limit and freeze what we don't eat that evening!!!
  • Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    What sucks, our government closes season for private, but commercial fishermen take in boat loads, I'd just like to put fish on the table, look at the comeback of the groupers.
    It's insane we can't keep fish to eat, but you can surely buy it in the super markets
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    Did you see the news today about this years Snapper season???

http://wkrg.com/2016/04/27/long-non-stop-red-snapper-season-to-begin-in-late-may/

I may get to go snapper fishing for the first time in 20 plus years!

I use to fish all the time in the Gulf,but havn't in a while!I have friends that fish the Gulf all the time..We have an abundance of Snapper off the coast (artificial reefs) that were created by individuals and the state(Old tanks, boats etc)...Yet the Feds control our resource!My favorite fish is a "Scamp"(yellow fin Grouper)....let me know when your coming and I'll get you set up for fish if you need it!