In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I finally made it back ?

Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have finally got back on the internet after my move back home. ( I sure missed you guys good company ) . I thought I would be back on-line faster but I am now living in the deep boon-docks according to way I have had to wait to get the internet out here. I had to wait for a opening to come up the the satilite from dish network to even get on-line unless I wanted dial-up ? My mother is happy to have me here but it was sure hard to give up a small farm I had for 22 years. I kind of think I am out of place living now where I grew up but I had to do what I had to for my mother and to keep the family farm. I found a shooting club to join and I get voted on to join on the 18Th of June. I am going to be in charge of the rifle shooting range and I get to clean the grounds as well.
I have plans for a few guys here to add to there brass pile for there the best of guys to me and I ow them much more than they know. As you guys know my 2 sons returned from Afghanistan a few months ago and my oldest is having adjustment problems after his 4TH deployment but they look like they are working out for him he is in Ft.Benning Ga now teaching at there sniper school and working with the his problems as he goes on in his career in the Army. Well enough of me let me know how all you guys have been.
I will post my e-mail address as soon as I set it up sometime this week or weekend. I am just enjoying the internet once again today and will get down to setting everything else up once I say my hellos to all my friends.

Comments

• tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back Duce, Blessings sent for your son. Hope he finds the help he needs, it has to be difficult for him after 4 tours.
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back Duce. Glad to hear you are still alive and kicking.

AT
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,019 ******
    edited November -1
    Welcome back, Duce, we had no doubt.[8D]
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I looked around for you a couple of weeks ago, but nobunny knew what was up.

Glad you have returned.

Doug
  • Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    Doug your a good man, thanks for wondering about me. Now it is time to find out the limits of wireless internet and my first laptop of my very own. (got tired of stealing my wifes ). I am kind of going to be slow on here for a month or 2 ? I have to set up my machines to run my production of parts to make my income to live off of and my manual machines to do my part time gunsmith work. Converting a old farm building to work out of is getting harder every time I work on it but it is coming alone OK for now. Thank goodness I knew this was coming up and I ran production ahead so I could make it during my down time.
    Now for my first question upon my return. Is there anyway to extent wireless with a added box or something ? They told me it was good for about 300 feet but with me working out of a new building at about the limits of 300 feet I would like to extend it so when I am at work ! I can still keep up with the guys on the board and be able to chat while my machines are running and I am at my desk figuring out who get what and what days I need to ship it out. And I can check my e-mail for changes in my Government contracts that seem to be changing every week now.
  • WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure to tell your sons thank you from all of us for their service to our country.
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you miss me?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by War Pig Actual
    Did you miss me?

Last I knew you where leaving us ? But that is not for me to decide it is all up to you. But to answer your question yep ! I even missed you and your sniper ways ...................
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome back & i thank your sons for their service & hope military provides any help they need for change back to life at home.....
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back! We have missed your posts. You sons will be alright, the Lord has been with them and he isn't about to abandon the ship.

Lance
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to see you back duce.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Duce1
    Doug your a good man, thanks for wondering about me. Now it is time to find out the limits of wireless internet and my first laptop of my very own. (got tired of stealing my wifes ). I am kind of going to be slow on here for a month or 2 ? I have to set up my machines to run my production of parts to make my income to live off of and my manual machines to do my part time gunsmith work. Converting a old farm building to work out of is getting harder every time I work on it but it is coming alone OK for now. Thank goodness I knew this was coming up and I ran production ahead so I could make it during my down time.
    Now for my first question upon my return. Is there anyway to extent wireless with a added box or something ? They told me it was good for about 300 feet but with me working out of a new building at about the limits of 300 feet I would like to extend it so when I am at work ! I can still keep up with the guys on the board and be able to chat while my machines are running and I am at my desk figuring out who get what and what days I need to ship it out. And I can check my e-mail for changes in my Government contracts that seem to be changing every week now.

I recently got wireless DSL, and they gave me a remote antenna so I could use my laptop in the barn. It only has about a 30" cord on it, but I'm sure you could find some with longer cords. First you have to install a DVD, then just plug the antenna in, and it's supposed to increase your range. I haven't had to use it yet, but I probably will in the near future. You might try a Staples, or Best Buy, or one of the other chains to see if one is available for your computer.
    edited November -1
    Bubba Jr. thanks for the reply. Kind of funny I was at Best Buy today and never checked on what I could do about it.
    And to the rest of the responders and the fly by lookers, your all great and it feels good to be back on. I will wait a few days and settle in before I start my rants on Pelosi and Barny Frank and so on. I got a lot of hate to unload on these crap walkers we call politicians.