In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lost a good friend today

KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
51 years old single vehicle motorcycle wreck early this morning, we recently had a fallen out, that I wish we could have made amends

he was a private person, and I am not in the position to do much, but I am concerned because he has an arsenal at home, no alarm, no safe, i'm talking 100k rounds of ammo, and 25k in firearms , as many of you know its common that someone upon hearing things like this break into the house, I just hate to see, I spoke with a neighbor of his that also knows whats in his house, and a few friends

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who's a single mom, known her for 6-7 years. She was a mess years ago and I've helped get her life squared away as much as I can. Between surgeries, house repairs, car repairs, etc, I've helped her deal with life and her crazy family.

Her sister has two boys, one is 17yo and the other is 21yo. Both kids were pretty much raised by the X-Box while mom did whatever the hell stupid skanks do. The 17yo had no high school credits because mom didn't bother making him go to school.

My friend took both boys in and had the older one get a job and the younger one enrolled in school. Both of them are lazy ignorant poops with trailer park mentalities and all they want to do is be slobs and play video games.

I stopped by to check on her on the way back to town the other night and both boys were arguing with her about something so I excused myself from the room and left. She told me later that the boys were bitching about not wanting to clean dishes that night and that they were yelling at her about it. The next day I stopped by and the 17yo was sitting on the couch playing video games. i walked in, said nothing, and cleaned the whole damn kitchen in about 30 minutes then walked out not saying anything. Later on I stopped by again because we both needed to go up to Phoenix to run errands. I went in the living room while she got her clothes and war paint sorted out. The 17yo was sitting on the couch watching TV. I told him I wanted to tell him something so he shut the sound off...

Me: I want to tell you a parable
    Him: OK
    Me: There was a big old grey wolf walking around the woods, he was old but still had all his teeth and was a mean SOB. There was a female wolf walking through the woods too. Two hyenas attacked the female wolf right in front of the old grey wolf. What do you think happened?
    Him: Dunno, the old wolf probably kicked the crap out of the hyenas.
    Me: That would be a logical conclusion, since the laws of nature would pretty much require him to. Do you think a mean old wolf would have a problem tearing two little hyenas to shreds?
    Him: Probably not, wolves are bigger and meaner animals
    Me: Yup, the wolf would tear both of them up easily. Do you know what the moral of the story is?
    Him: No
    Me: The moral of the story is that if you and your brother every gang up on your aunt again over something as stupid as not wanting to wash dishes, its gonna be a really bad day to be a damn hyena. If I knew that was what you hyenas were arguing about last night I would dragged both your * out in the back yard and we woulda had a "talk". Do you understand me?
    Him: Yes sir

I then explained that doing chores is part of being in a home, everyone has to pull their weight. I never raised my voice or anything, just had a polite yet blunt conversation with him. Apparently * boy ran to:his brother later with some story about how I was intimidating him and he went screaming and bitching to my friend. She got pissed at me for getting involved and I told her I would have been a prick to NOT get involved. She continued to be a * to me over the past several days and blame me for the crap. After trying to explain real man decisions to no avail I told her I was done dealing with her. I stand by my decision to intervene when some assclowns are disrespecting a woman, and if the woman can't respect that then she's just a trailer park * and not worth helping. One less person jamming up my schedule with drama
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi all this is Mrs. Rogue. I lost one of my best friends today in a freak accident where the tank he was in malfunctioned and exploded. He was only 32 and left behind a wife and three year old son. He was a Staff Sergeant in the Maryland National Guard-a blackhawk engine mechanic. Every minute I think about him not being on this earth to enjoy the life he had so much pride in is harder than the last. He is missed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would like to give the 21yo hyena a good asswhoopin' while the 17yo watches however. Then tell the 17yo that on his 18th b-day that the old grey wolf is paying his * a visit too. He pays half the bills but he's a white trash POS that is on his way to being a wifebeater
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep and NEVER go back...you will hear soon enuff about the real crap these losers deal themselves and you don't need anywhere near the fallout.....just had a good honest friend try to help a neighbor jerk out for several years and the bozo screwed everybody financially ( big dollars) then took off 1/2 his head with a shotgun and left the good guy ( he owed $$$$ to ) to find the mess and have to remember that forever..i grew up with jerk, graduated with him , and neither of us went to the funeral...
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad truth is when a woman is being treated like crap it is because she allows it to happen and you intervening isn't going to fix it.

Lesson learned
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One less Christmas card to write. Their loss f'em.
    RLTW

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    she is an enabler. Let her live in her misery. I tried to help friends like that too. They don't want help and thrive off of their misery. Don't look back because, she just told you that she loves this situation, and doesn't need your help. Oakie
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KAMsales

if the woman can't respect that then she's just a trailer park * and not worth helping. One less person jamming up my schedule with drama

Your conclusion is the right one about the woman.[^] Your actions relating to her are correct. [^][^][^] Enjoy your new-found free time use it to shoot targets more often.

One of the most difficult lessons I have ever had to accept is "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I go out of my way to help friends and family, but I will not tolerate being pissed on for helping or doing the right thing. That's extremely disrespectful and one of the few things that will make me drop a friend with no questions asked