In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

China Warns Of World War 3 with USA?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Sure looks like a long hot summer in The Northern Hemisphere!Maybe The United Nations will step in on this one to solve the problem! Don't you think?

serf

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/05/china-warns-of-world-war-3/

The newspaper suggests that China will not stop construction of these artificial islands at any cost. Any more interference by "external countries" could trigger a World War 3 and Beijing will "accept" it. Experts say neither United States nor China wants to back down. They fear that even a minor incident around the artificial islands could escalate rapidly into a full-fledged war.

Comments

• Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    We should draw another red line.
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    We should draw another red line.

...and sell them some more of Obama's General Motors cars/trucks.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plan on having a fun relaxing summer, working hard and getting my home in order. I don't care what the Chinese do. They are not going to ruin my summer plans, if they try we will play cowboys and China-men.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    This Should Take Care Of the Problem
    China Says ISIS Is Just A Bunch Of Pig #&%@*^$.
    There Problem Solved[;)]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,650 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CHINA is the bully on the block and now have the money ( ours) and know the USA will back off to avoid any major fights . its just a pissing contest of the big kids on the block , I hope it stays that way but with more countries tired of the US pushing there ideas and politics on them ( just send us your money is there thoughts) they may all join in against us
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Who would then buy all the "junk" they make?
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I predict the Chinese navy and AF will last about 2 hrs against the USN and USAF.

Then what are they going to do with their million man army?

The Chinese cannot project power. To have a world war you have to be able to project power. You have to put your soldiers on someones land and unless my geography is way off I don't see them walking to America.

I can see them playing games though. Since they own our debt I can see them calling it in. I can see them waging a proxy type war in the pacific or just bullying like they have done in the past.

Look for NK to start humping someones leg.
    RLTW

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    That's one way to cancel the debt and put Wal-Mart out of business.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    We can't let that happen [:0], last I checked Hillary was on Wal-Marts board.......she will save us. [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

That's what I was thinking. I don't think there's anyway in hell that they'll take a chance on killing the goose that lays their golden eggs.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say bring it on. Nothing like a war the country gets behind to stimulate the economy!

Maybe we'll get lucky and they will bomb Pearl Harbor.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't Japan have a army worth a sheet anymore? Not so many years ago they could hand China their *. Surely we could get some help.
  • Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After we unleash our new secret weapon, global warming, a tyhoon or
    two and they will be starting from scratch on those islands!
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    china has enough soldiers to run them into the sea and use them for a bridge.....and we have financed their military into a do or die outfit...and they re NOT afraid of our waffle leader
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

A $15.00 per hour minimum wage is likely to accomplish the samething!
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    thier economy will no tolerate a war
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if China has any Ghost ships?
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    China warns, china cautions, blah blah blah...

Talk is cheap[:o)]
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC, Vietnam, Japan, Philippians, S.Korea are also warning China "That is not yours to take"..
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The big problem is China knows Obama will not stand up for America.

Even if this proves to be false (Anyone even a coward if pushed too hard to long will strike back) it is the perception that China is acting on.

Sadly, as we saw in 38 with Czechoslovakia, the longer nations are timid to a determined aggressor the bigger the war will be.

This, like ISIS, is going to get out of hand as Chinese confidence builds and feels sure it will succeed.
    the other nations can not stop China (In the area off Borneo, closer to Japan would be very different)
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    I predict the Chinese navy and AF will last about 2 hrs against the USN and USAF.

Then what are they going to do with their million man army?

The Chinese cannot project power. To have a world war you have to be able to project power. You have to put your soldiers on someones land and unless my geography is way off I don't see them walking to America.

I can see them playing games though. Since they own our debt I can see them calling it in. I can see them waging a proxy type war in the pacific or just bullying like they have done in the past.

Look for NK to start humping someones leg.
    Exactly right. A single Trident submarine sitting 3000 miles out in the pacific ocean could eliminate China's major cities and military installations.

The Chinese cannot effectively attack anyone they cannot march to. They have plenty of soldiers but 50-year-old ex-Soviet MIGS and T72 tanks would be nothing but cannon fodder for our military.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    [black]The big problem is China knows Obama will not stand up for America.

I guess we'll find out just how bad Obama wants to destroy this country. I really wouldn't doubt him getting us into a world war before his term is up. He's probably so stupid he thinks he can remain in office like FDR did. He just better understand that FDR didn't have any enemy nuclear subs sitting just off the coast ready to blow the White House and the rest of DC into oblivion!
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    [black]The big problem is China knows Obama will not stand up for America.

I guess we'll find out just how bad Obama wants to destroy this country. I really wouldn't doubt him getting us into a world war before his term is up. He's probably so stupid he thinks he can remain in office like FDR did. He just better understand that FDR didn't have any enemy nuclear subs sitting just off the coast ready to blow the White House and the rest of DC into oblivion!

Agreed, he is a stupid man.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they need a nice fine RED line...
    I've got a 1960's Red CHINA Marker on my Desk ready to assist.

IIRC... World War requires more than two players or more than one on each side.

Me thinks that China is gonna be alone on this one.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one of these days, they won't be so easily dismissed and our military power, which comes from our economic power, will have become feeble. that would not be a good thing. the chinese are like bullies on crack. we do not want to be in that situation and that's what I see coming in 20-30 years.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i still have lots of chicom ammo to send back if they really want it that way[^]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    china has enough soldiers to run them into the sea and use them for a bridge.....and we have financed their military into a do or die outfit...and they re NOT afraid of our waffle leader

yup

china has leaded in military warfare since recorded history

we have no clue of what they actually have, anyone there gives away military secrets they kill them and their entire family, they don't parade it or have documentary's on history channel like our arrogant azzes

they have over 2 million active military, with another half million in reserve , we have half that active spread out all over the world

BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR