In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My Poor Wife....

MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
is wound up like a watch spring.

Saturday we're hosting a BBQ for about 50 family and friends to celebrate our youngest son's 40th. birthday. Everything is ready. The yard is groomed, the food is organized (burgers, sausages, ribs, chili & salads), drinks have been bought, weather forecast is great, I have a blue grass band hired Keslering Ridge, there's plenty of help from the other kids.....

so why does she have to be so damned wound up and how can I get her to relax a bit?

Comments

• hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    damn, Your youngest son's 40th b-day. I always pictured you as a middle aged guy. anyway my wife is the same way. when ever family is coming up she gets that way. I found something that seems to work rather well for relaxing her.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no Idea.[:)]

my Guess is she wants to do her best to be a good hostess.

reassure her with your confidence in her ability(?)
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,020 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marner

is wound up like a watch spring.

Saturday we're hosting a BBQ for about 50 family and friends to celebrate our youngest son's 40th. birthday. Everything is ready. The yard is groomed, the food is organized (burgers, sausages, ribs, chili & salads), drinks have been bought, weather forecast is great, I have a blue grass band hired Keslering Ridge, there's plenty of help from the other kids.....

so why does she have to be so damned wound up and how can I get her to relax a bit?

Married long?[8D]
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    have sex with her....it works great on my wife[:D]
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hk-91
    damn, Your youngest son's 40th b-day. I always pictured you as a middle aged guy

Don't I wish...[:D] but I'm gonna hang around as long as possible. [;)]
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well,
    Put on a Barry White album, open a bottle of wine, and let things happen....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    Quaaludes come to mind[}:)][:)]
    She's a Mom, regardless of her son's age and gonna host a party marking a major event in his life........Once the party starts and family and friends arrive and start having fun she'll relax......I would think
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    Well,
    Don

But what about the wife? Don
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alcohol comes to mind.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    My wife is the same way.

Do you guys seriously think women like that can relax enough to have sex (and enjoy it)?

The answer is no. She cannot.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    Well,
    Don

But what about the wife? Don

Send her to bingo.....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    O.T.O. Not kidding. I have used this with Dawnie when she gets stressed out, even in public places. It works.

If you don't know what O.T.O. is, email me and I will explain. If you do know what it is, please don't publish it here. Thanks.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Remind he that all is set and ready, and make sure she knows U have every confidence that all will go smoothly..That's about all U can do.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim Beam therapy has also been known to work wonders.
    [^]barto[^]
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take my wife to range w/ about 500 rds and challenge her to dueling tree competition, she shoots strong hand, I shoot off hand and we usually end up about 50/50 on wins. after 2 hours of intense competition(in which she wins plenty of rounds) she relaxes and lightens up, stress blown off, wife unwound. She is very competitve and loves that dueling tree.