In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trade evaluation

djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I posted on the bulletin board at my club an SKB O/U for sale or trade $750 saying I was interested in a AR type rifle. A guy texted me the other day offering a Colt match tactical elite I add $850. it has no special upgrades.
What say you on the value of this trade?

Comments

• Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    Too rich for my blood, but if at those numbers you both walk away from the table smiling it's a winner.

I also can't see spending the extra dough on pony ar's. Pythons, saa's etc I can see it, but not really in ar's. Sure the colt will hold its value nicely, but probably won't shoot appreciably better(most important to me) than a well done ar of "lesser" name....
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Are you saying you give the shotgun +$850? Is this the same AR?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Colt-Model-Match-Target-Tactical-Elite-in/1855428.uts

If so, no way!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Also, how many buzzwords can Colt fit into a gun name? [:0]
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No way- That guy thinks his panic purchase AR is worth what he paid for it.

List your SKB for a penny/no reserve here and find a used AR from GB.

$999 buy it now on GB
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=460856648
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt TE6700...one on AL for $1600 Limited run between 500-100 made based on what I gleen quickly on google...came out off Colt's Custom Shop..Assuming this is the right gun

I saw a couple other internet adds for $1600, so that seems the going price..so it would seem that if this is the rifle he is offering then he is on point with his trade offer.

some info
    http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?5225-FS-Rare-Colt-Tactical-Elite-AR-15
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Search the auction side for equivalent guns. With the fall of AR prices, there are lots of good deals out there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No the one offered to me had a heavy match target type barrel.
    quote:Originally posted by RustyBones
    Are you saying you give the shotgun +$850? Is this the same AR?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Colt-Model-Match-Target-Tactical-Elite-in/1855428.uts

If so, no way!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's the same model.
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Colt TE6700...one on AL for $1600 Limited run between 500-100 made based on what I gleen quickly on google...came out off Colt's Custom Shop..Assuming this is the right gun

I saw a couple other internet adds for $1600, so that seems the going price..so it would seem that if this is the rifle he is offering then he is on point with his trade offer.

some info
    http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?5225-FS-Rare-Colt-Tactical-Elite-AR-15
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Text him back, and tell him the least he can do is buy you dinner before he bleens you. Remind him that his gold-plated Colt is now worth less than half of his original knee-jerk panic purchase.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by djh860
    That's the same model.

some info

If that is the one, GunBroker completed auctions for similar show he is in the right range. It sounds like a fair trade.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some folks should take a moment to research before shooting off at the mouth about something they know nothing about. But that is typical for here. The guy offered a specific model of rifle in trade, not just an everyday off the shelf AR-15. It would appear from a little bit of research that what he is offering is a trade at market value for that specific model rifle.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by djh860
    That's the same model.

some info

Well if you are looking for a accurized target AR with a 20" barrel, some nice features including a precision trigger, that may someday have some collectability among Colt enthusiasts go for it! Are you under valuing your shotgun that you are offering?
    untitled_zps61b6a649.png
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some folks should take a moment to research before shooting off at the mouth about something they know nothing about. But that is typical for here. The guy offered a specific model of rifle in trade, not just an everyday off the shelf AR-15. It would appear from a little bit of research that what he is offering is a trade at market value for that specific model rifle.

I have to agree with you and admit to being the guilty party. I searched the auction side (only) and came up with the "target" model elite. Had I been paying attention I would have noticed it was not the "tactical" model being discussed. I further incorrectly thought I was on the right track because he referenced a bull bbl.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    No.
    I wouldn't make the trade.

Unless you were looking for a collectible safe queen.

Trade even for a lightly used higher end name brand without the baggage.
    Talk them into throwing in some mags and a case and maybe a deal on the used optics.

And then go shoot it. (Which I suspect is the reason you were looking for an AR, to shoot. Not to look at).