In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Posting Guidelines

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Read them.

Understand them.

Obey them.

Everybody.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    In general we expect everyone to act like adults and to show respect for each other, just as you would if the other parties were guests in your home. If you are looking for an unmoderated free-for-all you will not be at home here.

I don't know what I missed but this is just my opinion take it for what it is worth!
    I don't really care if your gay just don't try to make me one!
    Rather your a Republican or a Democrat, has no bearing on what I might think of you as a person!
    I really don't care if you believe in god or not, I happen to believe in him, but I would not try to push him on you and I definatly would not want you pushing yours on me!
    This is a Gun Forum, everyone is entitled to voice there opinion and most of us do! Some of us get out of line and when we do Nunn usually takes care of it.
    I judge a person by his character and I really don't care what ethnic background he is, or what god he believes in or what Politician he happens to support.
    There is nothing in the guidelines that state that all posts have to be gun related. It takes all types of people to make this old world turn, and we definatly have a variety in here! That in my opinion makes this site so great!
    Sometimes Im going to agree with you sometimes Im not, whats the big deal! I came to this site for one reason, to get some info that I needed, by doing so I have met some nice people, and made a few friends, maybe even made a few enemys. I intend on staying here reading your posts, perhaps responding to some, and maybe making a joke or two. I would sincerely hope that everyone else does the same thing. We have a good thing here, lets just enjoy it and take it for what it's worth!
    Pa.

" Striving to preserve the right to keep and bear arms"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was going to suggest making the posting guidelines link bigger and more obvious, but I doubt it would change anything so forget I mentioned it. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, house rules.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/PostingGuidelines.asp

"Commercial advertisements for any product, service, or web site."
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    574691_473217026054301_769604921_n.png

[;)][^][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have them rememberized:

In general we expect everyone to act like adults and to show respect for each other, just as you would if the other parties were guests in your home. If you are looking for an unmoderated free-for-all you will not be at home here.

We do not allow the posting of 'For Sale' or 'For Trade' listings anywhere on these message forums. If you have something to sell, please post it on our auction site at http://www.GunBroker.com We do not allow `For Trade' listings anywhere on our auction site or message forums.

Other stuff we automatically delete:
    Auction tech support or billing questions. If you have a tech support or billing question click Help Center from the top of any auction site page.
    Complaints or criticism about GunBroker.com, its staff, its policies, or any buyer or seller on that site. If you have a problem with an auction transaction use the auction feedback system and/or contact tech support.
    Complaints or criticism about these message forums or their moderators.
    Complaints about businesses, persons, or transactions unrelated to this site (in general all complaints will be deleted).
    Questions about why a post was deleted. This page explains why.
    Commercial advertisements for any product, service, or web site.
    Posts containing links or references to any competing site.
    Posts containing links or references to any web site critical of this site.
    Posts containing links or references to any web site we do not like.
    Profanity, nudity, vulgarity, racism, etc.

Posts that violate any federal, state, or local law, or that infringe on another party's intellectual property (copyright, trademark, etc.) are prohibited.

If we deleted your post it means that we did not want it here. If we delete a post and you re-post it we will revoke your access privileges.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    What did I miss.[:D]
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    I have them rememberized:

We do not allow the posting of 'For Sale' or 'For Trade' listings anywhere on these message forums. If you have something to sell, please post it on our auction site at http://www.GunBroker.com We do not allow `For Trade' listings anywhere on our auction site or message forums.

Other stuff we automatically delete:
    Auction tech support or billing questions. If you have a tech support or billing question click Help Center from the top of any auction site page.
    Complaints or criticism about GunBroker.com, its staff, its policies, or any buyer or seller on that site. If you have a problem with an auction transaction use the auction feedback system and/or contact tech support.
    Complaints or criticism about these message forums or their moderators.
    Complaints about businesses, persons, or transactions unrelated to this site (in general all complaints will be deleted).
    Questions about why a post was deleted. This page explains why.
    Commercial advertisements for any product, service, or web site.
    Posts containing links or references to any competing site.
    Posts containing links or references to any web site critical of this site.
    Posts containing links or references to any web site we do not like.
    Profanity, nudity, vulgarity, racism, etc.

Posts that violate any federal, state, or local law, or that infringe on another party's intellectual property (copyright, trademark, etc.) are prohibited.

If we deleted your post it means that we did not want it here. If we delete a post and you re-post it we will revoke your access privileges.

I have them around here somewhere, I believe I received them in an e-mail. Don
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    This thread could open up a can of whoop...
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate it when I miss the memo[:0]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems I am always a day late or a dollar short ,, missed out ,
    well there will be another one any time [:D]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geez. We never getta have any fun. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tumblr_n96y9pDly01trkr65o1_500.jpg

[;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,420 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Well, that's all swell, but when the rules do not apply equally.....
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure glad threads about cilantro are okay.[;)]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    I'm sure glad threads about cilantro are okay.[;)]

The Day Ain't Over ... Yet

~ Curly

[;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Well, that's all swell, but when the rules do not apply equally.....

Well HPD, please tell me when the rules are not applied equally. When I notice something one does, and miss another because I was not online?
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn straightened me out many years ago.....The man takes his job seriously....I had a D.I. like him....tough but fare.[8D]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,420 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    quote:Well, that's all swell, but when the rules do not apply equally.....

Well HPD, please tell me when the rules are not applied equally. When I notice something one does, and miss another because I was not online?

Well I don't know, sir, a couple months ago a cop on this board told me to "Go F myself". Nothing ever happend, and he still posts today. Yesterday however, somebody posted a response showing cops in a bad light. A cop on this board posted the poster "might be a cop hater" . I posted the cop "might be a patriot hater". the frst poster, and my posts were deleted because they were "stupidity". The cop's post was also deleted, but he only "responded to stupidity".
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    It is a very difficult thing, to apply a subjective metric, objectively.