In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

)-: DAMN the US Post 0ffice:-(

footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Got a couple 500 rd boxes of 44 Speer swc lead bullets off GB from Bennetts Guns and l am damned it the post office monkeys didnt bust em..Now John bubble wrapped them each... Put them inside a padded box..Damned post office still screwed up y pretty Speer bullets[:(!] l have gotten stuff from Bennetts Guns before...Never a problem before....lt aint Bettetts' fault...lam really mad rght now..l ordered a couple things thru GB and post office screwed them up over Christmas..l didmissed it because of the holidays..post office boys.. The holidays are OVER [:(!][:(!]

Comments

• Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    I love being able to use the same comment twice...

quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    Yeah, cause the common carriers never screw up...

If you think about the volume any of these services do and the percentage if the time they do it flawlessly, you'd be impressed. However statistics never matter to the individual. Your package was mishandled, so the entire system is flawed and incompetent. Totally reasonable....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Damn right kev..0pen wide and l will drop a quarter in for an encore [:D]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've received tens of thousands of bullets delivered by USPS and only had a breakout once. That package was poorly sealed and inadequately taped.
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    I love being able to use the same comment twice...

Yeah, cause the common carriers never screw up...

If you think about the volume any of these services do and the percentage if the time they do it flawlessly, you'd be impressed. However statistics never matter to the individual. Your package was mishandled, so the entire system is flawed and incompetent. Totally reasonable....

They all screw up but i have had more packages lost or damaged by USPS than any other.

I was flipping silver dollars on nunnbay and a package with three Morgans that sold for $110 total went missing for two weeks.
    Suddenly it just showed up, but i almost had to refund the guy.

Don't get me started on tracking.
    Ship something from Alabama to Georgia and it makes a loop to New York and back.
    I don't understand that....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    l have been a GB member since 2000.. Bought hundreds of items both here and other sites in the last 15 years...20 years prior to the internet..Busted pkgs has been just a recent horror...

l have only seen this happen since a little before this past Christmas..So why am l seeing more busted stuff in the past 3 months than the previous THIRTY-FIVE YEARS [?][?]

0nly one way l can deal with this... Fire the USPS.. Whole damn bunch...Starting NOW. l will no longer send or receive pkgs thru the US mail...Before bidding or buying l will contact the seller/vendor FIRST....lf he/they ship thru the mail l dont buy....l m[?]ay miss some... but l will no longer tolerate scrambled pkgs..........