In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lawn Tractor Dual Rear Wheels?

Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Just bought a new John Deere Z445 zero turn mower but the ditch in front of my house is too steep for it. Just sold the 48" shredder for my JD 2210 coz it was such a pain to put on and off. I had a JD LT150 and it would do the job but was very tippy.

Thinking about getting a beater riding mower and putting on dual rear wheels and maybe weghts in the rear wheels to move the CG lower.

Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a very good plan.
    Maybe some water in the tires as well.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would grading the ditch be a cheaper option?
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Maybe push mow the ditch???? Oh wait,,, that would mean getting off the tractor...Never mind...
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Maybe push mow the ditch???? Oh wait,,, that would mean getting off the tractor...Never mind...

Steep ditch + 1 leg + pushmower = 0 legs.
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

oops...
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,465 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother lives on a very steep hill he has one of these
    [img][/img]22t-commercial-mod.jpg

Remote controlled he just sits in a lawen chair with a couple beers and mows the hill with it

http://www.remotemower.com/
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Roundup and a cheap sprayer.
  • Options
    countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wyatt Earp
    Just bought a new John Deere Z445 zero turn mower but the ditch in front of my house is too steep for it. Just sold the 48" shredder for my JD 2210 coz it was such a pain to put on and off. I had a JD LT150 and it would do the job but was very tippy.

Thinking about getting a beater riding mower and putting on dual rear wheels and maybe weghts in the rear wheels to move the CG lower.

Ideas?

Yep, that should work and the water in the tires ideal would help on top of that. You should be able to find a older beater mower for 200 or less.
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Hire an illegal alien w/a weedeater. 0bamnutz will give you a tax credit[:0]