In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

We are stumbling but we have not fell......

cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
...I still believe in this Country. It costs some foreigners a weeks wages to send a letter across the ocean.
If some foreigners speak against their Government, they can count their selves lucky if only imprisonment is their punishment, often it is death.
In some Countries you are imprisoned, beaten, murdered (serious here) if you choose to follow a Western religion.
Last I checked, in the U.S I can go to my choice of Church.
I do not have to stop at Government checkpoints to go within any area of this Country and do not have to get permission to travel.
Most American homes have indoor plumbing, if you were in the Military you might have been asked by a foreigner, water is really piped into your homes?
Over 50% of the Worlds resources are spent on less than 20% of humanity, us that is.
We still have freedoms and I still believe in our flag.
While our Justice system is not perfect, If I talk badly about our Government and am murdered by extremists, my Country will take them to court and defend me in death, not turn a blind eye.
We have the greatest Military with the best personnel with which I am proud.
And we still have the right to bear arms, we still have the right to bear arms. Like I said, we stumbling, but we have not fell.
I dunno, it is not good to live by fear, If there is enough fear seems to me like the worse happens a lot of times.
Or is fear keeping us armed?

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:Over 50% of the Worlds resources are spent on less than 20% of humanity, us that is.

I don't see any wrong with that.
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by moonshine
    quote:Over 50% of the Worlds resources are spent on less than 20% of humanity, us that is.

I don't see any wrong with that.

No, nothing at all wrong with that, God has blessed us.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cahas
    ...I still believe in this Country. It costs some foreigners a weeks wages to send a letter across the ocean.why would you want to do that? Just email them.
    If some foreigners speak against their Government, they can count their selves lucky if only imprisonment is their punishment, often it is death.that's nice.
    In some Countries you are imprisoned, beaten, murdered (serious here) if you choose to follow a Western religion.
    Last I checked, in the U.S I can go to my choice of Church.
    I do not have to stop at Government checkpoints to go within any area of this Country and do not have to get permission to travel.unless you're on a no fly list, or unless you count registering your car and getting licensed as permission to travel.
    Most American homes have indoor plumbing, if you were in the Military you might have been asked by a foreigner, water is really piped into your homes?a lot of the rest of the world has indoor plumbing now, too.
    Over 50% of the Worlds resources are spent on less than 20% of humanity, us that is.how much of the world's industry is produced by us, and resources are processed by us?
    We still have freedoms and I still believe in our flag.
    While our Justice system is not perfect, If I talk badly about our Government and am murdered by extremists, my Country will take them to court and defend me in death, not turn a blind eye.We arethe extremists
    We have the greatest Military with the best personnel with which I am proud.
    And we still have the right to bear arms, we still have the right to bear arms. Like I said, we stumbling, but we have not fell.We still have some of the right to bear arms. you're deceiving yourself if you think that "shall not be infringed" still stands.
    I dunno, it is not good to live by fear, If there is enough fear seems to me like the worse happens a lot of times.
    Or is fear keeping us armed?

There is nothing wrong with fear. Courage is being fearful but still doing what needs done.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this country got here by bravery, hard work, fortitude, & determination ...otherwise we would be spearing monkeys out of trees for food....& other nations that have not progressed much above the bronze age are jealous & want what we have earned for FREE....i do not believe as a nation that we OWE anybody much of anything...more of our soldiers have died for others than any other nation & none have given more $$$ & technical & medical assistance trying to improve the worlds living conditions.....NOW...IT IS TIME TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES
  • Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    Lets have this discussion in 3 years and 7 months from now ! Then we will "ALL" will have a good idea or even have clear sight where this country is going. Right now I do not have much faith in it. But with all things time will tell.................