In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

cry baby?

fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
got an email for a magazine for a win 100 rifle i am selling,,,just wanted to let you know that i was outbid by a person that has never had a transaction,so i will not bid anymore...i am thinking WTH. so i repyed i thought this a free country?,we all stated out as a feller with no trasactions..jimminy crickets anyway what a crybaby

Comments

• Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you tell him that you would alert the media with the breaking news?
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    I think he is trying to imply that you are in cahoots with the NR bidder, shill bidding.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know why folks can't figure out we all start with zero transactions.

When I bought my first thing here on GB, I got a note from the seller saying that he saw that I was a first time buyer, so if I had any questions or anything, just be sure to ask him.

I was so offended that I have bought a couple more things from him, just because he was nice about it. [8D]
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    well the noob really wants the nib win 100 mag and is willing to pay what he wants i will accept his money and give him his first FB
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Well... the unhappy bidder is right on this one. Ain't it just like a seller to be prejudiced in favor of bidders with more money!?

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! A CONSPIRACY!
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Well... the unhappy bidder is right on this one. Ain't it just like a seller to be prejudiced in favor of bidders with more money!?

Ya turn your back for a minute on these subversives, and unbridled capitalism runs amok.

Somebody ought to have an investigation. Maybe a committee.

The Russians are coming. Everybody to keep off the streets.
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't know you could complain if you got out bid by a first time buyer. Happened to me on Tuesday. Do I get another chance if I email the seller? Just cause he was willing to bid more is no reason to sell to him. I want a do over.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah....I get those emails. It is funny because it will happen on day three of a ten day auction. The bidders who are really interested in buying the gun don't show up until the last day.....and they are complaining about being outbid on day three???

Of all the emails I have gotten the latest one was the funniest...."I accidentally bid $53 instead of .53 cents, can you fix my bid?" Hilarious!!!!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Yeah....I get those emails. It is funny because it will happen on day three of a ten day auction. The bidders who are really interested in buying the gun don't show up until the last day.....and they are complaining about being outbid on day three???

Of all the emails I have gotten the latest one was the funniest...."I accidentally bid $53 instead of .53 cents, can you fix my bid?" Hilarious!!!!

I have bid on dozens of your auctions. I won two. Where do I file an official complaint about people outbidding me on the other auctions? [;)]
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D] Get in line!!! [:D][:D][:D]
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Why even waste your time replying to that?

Anyone who sends such isn't going to be made happy no matter what your response.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would never bid with no previous transactions.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I would never bid with no previous transactions.
    How would you manage that?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn

Back when I was younger and less responsible, David, I may have attempted such a thing. Would not think of doing it now.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your statement implies that you would not bid if YOU had no previous transactions. That's why I asked what I asked.

As a seller, I have had trouble out of NR bidders, but I have had just as much trouble from bidders with numerous A+ feedback entries.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your statement implies that you would not bid if YOU had no previous transactions. That's why I asked what I asked.

As a seller, I have had trouble out of NR bidders, but I have had just as much trouble from bidders with numerous A+ feedback entries.

Correct on the first count, David, and I agree 100% on the second.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Back when I was younger and less responsible, David, I may have attempted such a thing. Would not think of doing it now.

I reckon it's a might bit tougher to do it now anyway.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don- that is a serious condition to have. My grandfather died of that when he was a small boy. Be careful with that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    Don- that is a serious condition to have. My grandfather died of that when he was a small boy. Be careful with that.

[:)]

Brad Steele
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe

Ya turn your back for a minute on these subversives, and unbridled capitalism runs amok.

Somebody ought to have an investigation. Maybe a committee.

The Russians are coming. Everybody to keep off the streets.

Ah yes. I recognize the quote from one of my old favorite movies. "Emairgensee emairgensee. Pleez to get from strits." [:D]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

I have bid on dozens of your auctions. I won two. Where do I file an official complaint about people outbidding me on the other auctions? [;)]

Same deal here only worse. Have bid on numerous Locust Fork auctions, never a single win.

GB desperately needs an option to complain about sellers. Call it the "Non-Winning Bidder Report" button.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I thought this was going to be about guitar pedals.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    I thought this was going to be about guitar pedals.

WAH Wah waaah.
    There. Feel better?
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When and where are we going to riot?