In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Would you buy this?

CLINTFCLINTF Member Posts: 735 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I like kinetic targets. Spinners are fun and all but....

What about a small RC armored vehicle? So your buddy stands behind you with the controls and drives the little thing around the range while you take pot-shots at it.

Yes, you could just shoot up a regular RC toy car, but that could get expensive. Then I thought about armoring a regular RC toy car, but I don't think it would move very fast once armored. If I ever get a real job that pays a bit, I might undertake this as a project.

So is it just me, or does this sound like fun?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    A co-worker of mine offered me a S&W Sigma SW40VE, .40 cal with stainless slide and one 14 rd. mag, has had 300 rds in range time with reportedly never a hiccup for $200.

I know the problems with the 1st generation Sigmas, and that these newer ones are made better...I don't want opinions on what everyone thinks of this firearm or which guns are better.

I'm not sure if I'll just hide it somewhere for a rainy day, give it to a friend or family member, or maybe resell/trade down the road.

What I really want to know is if YOU were given the opportunity to buy it for $200 and had enough in the piggy bank to buy it, WOULD YOU?
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For $200 - You betcha.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    No, but that's just because I personally have no interest in the gun. It's a fine price though.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for 200...yes, in a heartbeat. I have had several,,all worked fine.[:)]
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $200 is a good price--if you like the way it looks and shoots then thats all that matters. Would I personally spend $200 on a Sigma, no and thats only because I don't care for the way they look--should you, well thats if you really want it. As far as resale value will depend on how good of shape it's in when you go to resell it--and in a Sigma's case it's not going to be a whole lot more than what you paid for it(check out the auction side to see what I mean). If you want to give it to someone or stick it in a tackle box sure why not again if you really like it.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd probably buy it.

Not a great gun overall, but would make a good glove box gun for the price.
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For 200.00, good working order and history? Yes, especially if FTF no paperwork. May never know when you may need it. Helps keep the tool box full.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not really wanting this for myself (I carry a Hi-power in winter and a Kahr in summer). I just wanted a few opinions on whether to pass on it or get it for the heck of it. I think I'll get it and gift it to a friend.

Thanks!
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd give $200 for it without even looking at it.

By the way, did you ever come across a piece of elephant ivory big enough for a S&W J frame?
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    Coulda bought em for 289 nib a few years back, so 200 used doesn't wow me. I might buy it if I was in the market for a blaster; assuming I could find a way to hide it from everyone I've ever met.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CLINTF
    I'm not really wanting this for myself (I carry a Hi-power in winter and a Kahr in summer). I just wanted a few opinions on whether to pass on it or get it for the heck of it. I think I'll get it and gift it to a friend.

Thanks!

Thanks
    "friend" for the gift![:)]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, the triggers are horrible which really compromises the accuracy, there is a reason its only $200! Run away!
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a fan overall, but if it is something useful to you, the price is about right.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take it. Worse case it could be used as a beater or maybe trade bait down the road.