In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What will they think of next?

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Here's an AP slideshow depicting battery powered cigarettes, complete with lithium battery, LED light, and nicotine atomizer:

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Electronic-Cigarettes/ss/events/tc/022709eleccigarettes#photoViewer=/090227/481/53a7914f72c54ec8a5eff32ab9992257

[:0]

Comments

• JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heard on the KRLD that Texas is considering offering the ability to pay a ticket via credit/debit at the point of issuance for a slight discount. I can see where this will lead to. If your payment fails, off to jail you go over a simple speeding ticket.

I thought Texas always tried things after it had failed in California, Florida and New York. Things must be pretty tough for them to be the forerunner of something this bold. I guess it is out turn to prove something can't work.

Who gets credit for red light cameras? I know Tx is banning them as we speak...
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear
    Heard on the KRLD that Texas is considering offering the ability to pay a ticket via credit/debit at the point of issuance for a slight discount. I can see where this will lead to. If your payment fails, off to jail you go over a simple speeding ticket.

I thought Texas always tried things after it had failed in California, Florida and New York. Things must be pretty tough for them to be the forerunner of something this bold. I guess it is out turn to prove something can't work.

Who gets credit for red light cameras? I know Tx is banning them as we speak...

Great Britian came up with the red light camera IIRC
  • 1fisher1fisher Member Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Montana just banned red light cameras - one of the really good things to happen in this legislative session along with a strong "castle doctrine" law. The city of Bozeman had already signed a contract for the cameras, and Billings tried to rush through a contract because one proposal would have grandfathered in existing contracts. Thankfully, the Legislature made it a total ban, so we won't have them anywhere.
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Um neither Florida or NY has credit card payments at the time of ticket issuance. Also, neither state gives you any kind of discount for paying via credit card on the internet with a guilty plea. I suggest leaving the Enquirer info for the MIB.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,867 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1fisher
    Montana just banned red light cameras - one of the really good things to happen in this legislative session along with a strong "castle doctrine" law. The city of Bozeman had already signed a contract for the cameras, and Billings tried to rush through a contract because one proposal would have grandfathered in existing contracts. Thankfully, the Legislature made it a total ban, so we won't have them anywhere.
    Very good!!!
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laundry-pro
    Um neither Florida or NY has credit card payments at the time of ticket issuance. Also, neither state gives you any kind of discount for paying via credit card on the internet with a guilty plea. I suggest leaving the Enquirer info for the MIB.

Umm, wow. Did I SAY they did? I am confused, I have read my post several times and I am unable to find it, might you point it out to me please?