In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ironic

kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
OK....so here is an ironice situation:). So my wife and I live on a military base. Its a rule that you cant talk on your cellphone while you are driving on base. My wife breaks that rule...she breaks it alot. In all honesty, a lot of people break that rule (I have even see shore patrol break it). Well....this morning my wife is driving but she is not on her cell phone. She sees a cop across the intersection she is at (a stop light). Her phone rings. Seeing the cop, she reaches over, and hits the ignore button.

The cop then pulls her over and writes her a ticket for talking on her cell phone.![:(!][:0]

How ironic[}:)][:D]

Comments

• kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My cousin Timmy has been in the Marines for 10 years now. We went together to enlist in 1994 when we graduated high skool. I was told since I was 3/4 blind due to a ice hockey injury I could not serve. I tried my hardest to pass the eye exam and also had my DR. make records "hard to find". Big brother found out. Well Timmy in is Fullaguha now, it is his birthday, it is also the Marines birthday, vetrans day as well. I saw the fighting on TV and I couldnt imagine myself being in that craphole but also wondered if I didnt get hit in the head with a hockey puck I might of been there along side him. I just hope everyone there is keeping their head down and shooting straight. Hopefully Timmy will be home for Xmas.
    edited November -1
    When your bottle of "Howes Diesel Treat" fuel conditioner and ANTI-GEL wont pour out of the bottle in the cold weather because its all gelled up...
    edited November -1
    John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock

(MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6 am.

While his coffeepot

(MADE IN CHINA )

was perking, he shaved with his electric razor

(MADE IN HONG KONG )

He put on a dress shirt

(MADE IN SRI LANKA ),

designer jeans

(MADE IN SINGAPORE )

and tennis shoes

(MADE IN KOREA)

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet

(MADE IN INDIA )

he sat down with his calculator

(MADE IN MEXICO )

to see how much he could spend today.. After setting his watch

(MADE IN TAIWAN )

to the radio

(MADE IN INDIA )

he got in his car

(MADE IN GERMANY )

filled it with GAS

(from Saudi Arabia )

and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day,

checking his Computer

(made in MALAYSIA ),

John decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals

(MADE IN BRAZIL ),

poured himself a glass of wine

(MADE IN FRANCE )

and turned on his TV

(MADE IN INDONESIA ),

and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job

in AMERICA

AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM A PRESIDENT

MADE IN KENYA !
    edited November -1
    Isn't It Ironic? The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever!

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.
    edited November -1
    some of the nationalities screaming the most about closing OUR borders..iran....12000 here on student visas....around a million live here....a white American Christian touring iran ???? oh yeah...bet me..not to even mention messico with most repressive immigration policies...yepper we are supposed to be the open door and checkbook to the world...i would much rather keep the money i EARN than have it taxed away for the rest of the unappreciative world
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Appeal it - if she only hit the Ignore, she was NOT SPEAKING!
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    In Europe, there is an electronics kit offered that you can build, Pocket-Sized, 9V battery-powered, "Cell Phone Blanker". It has an adjustment knob on the panel that will grow or shrink the "Bubble" of cellphone silence around you. Commercial versions are in operation in Restaraunts, Movie Theaters, and so on. They cost about $400, in USD. They work well.

(They are Illegal in U.S.)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Appeal it - if she only hit the Ignore, she was NOT SPEAKING!

its a mandatory court apperance, so she mine as well.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Personally, I think cellphones in general should be illegal. It's hard to imagine a more offensive/intrusive/rude/disruptive device.

Driving, discussions at work, meetings, in restaurants. I get really irate when people interupt one of my meetings with a cell phone. You can't even carry on a coherent conversation with someone these days. People weaving on the road, in a minivan, with 2.3 kids and talking on the freaking thing...drives me insane!

<Rant off>

Yes, your story was ironic...prophetic even.[:D]

Don't forget the GPS talking in the backgroud as well... I hate cellphones and I only have one because it is forced upon me by work.