In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wow...got some ammo at Wally World!

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have been on the waiting list for the past two months..finally got the call! Four 550 packs of 22's waiting for me at the sporting goods counter! They also had about 20 boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass for $8.97 a box, but I left that for some other shooter that may need it more than I do!

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah I hit good this week at Wally too, maybe we are coming out of this
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    Does anyone think that walmart is holding back?
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    NO WAY. Remember the HIGH gas prices were generated last year by a couple percentage points dif of suppply and demand
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wallys have nutin. They had 3 boxes of 17 that was it. No pistol, and no shotgun nutin. How can you only have 3 boxes. I would just take them and put them in the back because i was ashamed.[:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    My wallys have nutin. They had 3 boxes of 17 that was it. No pistol, and no shotgun nutin. How can you only have 3 boxes. I would just take them and put them in the back because i was ashamed.[:(!][:(!]

same with mine, but they did have some of some odd cal. 22-250's 7mm,
  • Options
    ripcord55ripcord55 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lucked out today also.bought another 300 rds of 45acp,$29.95 100rd box.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripcord55
    Your luck musta brought me some too, I got another 6 boxes BB at one Wally and down the road I got 6 more WWB 100 packs. Not bad 900 rounds in 30 minutes.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to WalMart this morning and bought a thousand rounds of 22 LR. They had a lot more and 9mm, and 40's that had not been put on the shelf. I got there before 7 am, I expect that is was all sold by noon. Local Gun shop just got a bunch more powder but not what I was looking for.
  • Options
    lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me and wife was there early this afternoon and scored too.
  • Options
    MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Wally world had .40S&W, 9mm,.357mag, and the high-end .22's. There is also all the shotgun shells you can afford, readily available.
    There is more on the shelf now than there has been for the last 6mos.[^]
    On the other hand, our local Rural King told me they have "not received a shipment of ANY ammo for the last 4mos".[V]
  • Options
    joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripcord55

i pay
    i payed the same for 2 boxs but they were 50rd box's[:(][:(]
  • Options
    WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just got back from checkin my closest and they only recieved 2 44 rem mag and 1 BB 45 auto, I picked up the 45 and now need something to shoot it with. Need to hit another in the early morning and might score some 9mm. I picked up a bunch of other stuff just cause.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buying .45 ammo with nothing to shoot it in? Part of the problem?
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What I have learned is Wally's Mart here in Dallas, specifically in Rockwall has been putting ammo out at 7:30 am. If you are having trouble getting some, hit yours early and see if this helps.

Also be aware that they are keeping ammo hidden from sight. So if you don't see any, don't just leave. Find someone and ask, make them look.

I caught our guy stocking the ammo this morning. They had .357, .40, 9mm and .45. I got 2 bx of .45 and I don't have a .45 either... Figure if things get bad enough, I can always trade.

.22LR are impossible to find, but .22 Mags are common as oxygen.

And I predict that by this time next year, people will be so over stocked and the stores will fill up that the gluten of ammo will actually produce massive dump sales. I belive we will be talking about 9mm ammo under $5.