In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Helicopter Lands on Ship in Choppy Seas

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******
    edited November -1
    Skill,timing,patience,nothing to it,,,[;)][;)][:0][:0]
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nerves of Titanium, Aluminum, and a bit of Steel.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    give deck crew gold star for standing under the rotor...could have got a GI haircut
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow! I wonder if they've found the seat cushions yet? Would it be possible to have some sort of mechanial system to aid in a rough landing like that? Maybe some sort of cable arrangement that could be lowered from the helicopter and hooked to a winch system on the ship that would just suck the copter down to the deck?
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Right after that helo landed the deck crew wheeled out two extra large HD wheelbarrows to haul the mammoth titanium-kevlar testicles of the pilot (one per wheelbarrow) as he walked into the debriefing room.

edit...several hours later the crew was able to use diamond impregnated high carbon drill bits to separate the co-pilot's sphincter from his seat!

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are other videos where they do winch the helo down to the deck. quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    Wow! I wonder if they've found the seat cushions yet? Would it be possible to have some sort of mechanial system to aid in a rough landing like that? Maybe some sort of cable arrangement that could be lowered from the helicopter and hooked to a winch system on the ship that would just suck the copter down to the deck?
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    There's good. Good allows a pilot as in this case to operate a copter with a degree of safety in reasonable conditions.

Then there's exceptional and beyond. I can't speculate on the safety aspect but I can say that this pilot is far beyond just good.

As to the co-pilot? He wasn't just a bystander and witness. Both he and the pilot were far too busy to spectate. The time to check for skid marks in their shorts was only after they walked away from a safely secured copter.
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    That was good. Thanks.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I understand, that was a deliberate test of extreme landing limits by a test-pilot.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SwanKongSwanKong Member Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Extreme measures must be taken when you run out of beer.