In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Leupold customer service

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Bought my wife some leupold binoculars for Christmas. When she got the case out and unsnapped the belt holder, the rivet popped completely out. I emailed them and they have a new case coming. I wasn't sure if lifetime warranty applied to the case or not. I guess it does. I really like Leupold products. And own a lot of their stuff.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm on a personal crusade against them. See the link below:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Recently purchased an older Weatherby XXII with a Leupold VX II 3-9. The owner had engraved his D/L number in the gun and the scope. I generally don't buy stuff with issues like that, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I work close to Leupold so I dropped the scope off to see if they could change the reticle and main tube to get rid of the engraving. They called me this morning to say that the scope was an older model and they could only service it. He said if I'd like they could warranty it and give me a new scope for free. I now have a band NIB Leupold VXII 3-9 with a long range duplex sitting there with my name o it for free[^][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent a Leupold Vari XII scope back to Leupold about a month ago because the power adjustment selector was extremely hard to turn. It came off a rifle in .338 Winchester Magnum that had seen a lot of use. I received my scope back today. They inspected it, reworked the erector system, replaced the selector ring, replaced windage and elevation adjustments, and cleaned all internal parts. It is basically like new again. This is the only Leupold scope out of about 25 Leupolds I own that I have ever had to return for repairs. I am extremely pleased with their customer service and warranty repair work. And of course, this was done at "No Charge" to me. I've had problems with other scope companies not standing behind their warranties and products. I wanted to share my excellent experience with Leupold.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    About a month ago I sent in my 1000 yard rangefinder that had been dropped and would no longer range reliably. Sometimes it would only read out to less than 10 yards and sometimes after bonking it off a tree it woukd go out to maybe 100 yards or so then quit again. Called Leupold, was told to send it in for repair, even though itnwas dropped it was warrentied.

Yesterday this showed up at my doorstep, thanks Leupold!!

Jbomhxql.jpg
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I had a scope with a missing turret cover. Emailed Leupold. They sent two new turret covers, no charge.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I had dropped my binoculars and the eye cup would not stay on.
    They replaced the eyecups.
    Top notch for sure.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even if you never buy another Leupold product their "fix" and your word of praise. Priceless. Also I got a feeling whatever you paid there is a percentage built in for future "free" fix.

So is that better than what you broke?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    Even if you never buy another Leupold product their "fix" and your word of praise. Priceless. Also I got a feeling whatever you paid there is a percentage built in for future "free" fix.

So is that better than what you broke?

It is an upgraded model, mine was a plain 1000i. I have several Leupold and Nikon products, both are great products without breaking the bank.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    yes, they do take care of their older-broke-abused products, how many companies will repair or replace any of their 40-50+ year old broken- abused or plain wore out items? ok just name one, the crickets are deafing. mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    yes, they do take care of their older-broke-abused products, how many companies will repair or replace any of their 40-50+ year old broken- abused or plain wore out items? ok just name one, the crickets are deafing. mr myopic.

I've told this story before, nows a good time to repeat it!

My Remington 760 GameBlaster 30-06 has killed every single scope that has been on it, recoil with that gun is retarded.

Every year I had to buy a new scope and was too poor to buy a high $$ scope and to be honest I was afraid to. So I bought $30-50 Tasco scopes, they lasted a season and that was it, do a lot of shooting and maybe less than a season.

A week before deer season I bought a new Tasco, bolted it on, boresighted it and went to the range. Three shots, THREE SHOTS and that brand new scope was toast, bump th scope and the crosshairs bounced inside the scope.

Went and bought a Bushnell scope, bore sight and back to the range. Got th 30-06 shot in, grabbed the Tasco from the pickup and my .22. Sat the scope on the 25 yard boards, sat down with the .22 and blew the glass out of that Tasco.

Boxed it up, wrote a nasty letter to Tasco and mailed it to them. The letter explained that while I did not expect a $50 scope to be amazing I expected it to last more than 3 shots. Told them I would never buy another Tasco and they could take that pile of garbage I sent them and shove it right up someones backside.

A few weeks later I got a box from Tasco, I forget the mode of it but they sent me ine of thier top of the line target scopes, adjustable AO, target turrets, 24x (I think), just a damn nice scope. I still have that scope mounted to my .233 and it works great, has been close to 20 years now. I'll have to look at it when I get home and update this post.

I was quite suprised that after I told them to pound sand sand sent them a scope with a .22 bullet in it they sent me that scope.

And no, I did not treat Leupold the same way, I simply asked them for a repair estimate because I just knew that rangefinder was out of warrenty after I told them I dropped it.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love Leupold. I have them on most of my rifles, along with Zeiss and Trijicon.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Swarovski does the same thing...so does Leica![;)]
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just hope and pray that someone like Bushnell, Remington or Smith and Wesson does not EVER buy out Leupold and screw up CS like they have everything else they touch.
    Seems everything some companies touch the customer service relations just goes to hell. Several companies cannot see the trees for the Forest.

AND American made.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 Cheers for Leupold. There are not many good ones left...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    I,m here to tell you zeiss-swarovski will not repair-replace one of their 40 year scopes free, neither will weaver-redfield. and a lot of todays scope makers want a warrenty card and you to be the original owner. you can buy a 40 year old leupold scope at a flea market with a cracked lens and run over by a truck and they will take care of it. and most of the US scope makers and importers have gone tits up and came back under new owners and they don,t want to take care of their older named scopes. mr myopic.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    +100,,,[^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    +100,,,[^][^][^][^]

+1
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    I,m here to tell you zeiss-swarovski will not repair-replace one of their 40 year scopes free, neither will weaver-redfield. and a lot of todays scope makers want a warrenty card and you to be the original owner. you can buy a 40 year old leupold scope at a flea market with a cracked lens and run over by a truck and they will take care of it. and most of the US scope makers and importers have gone tits up and came back under new owners and they don,t want to take care of their older named scopes. mr myopic.

I constantly see people (usually Bernie Sanders for Pres supporters)[:)] buy scopes, for example Cabela's, Bushnell, Simmons and others and pay a premium price and then whine few years later because the scope is bad and no place to get it repaired.
    No proof they are the original owner, no warranty card, LIMITED WARRANTY.
    Got to watch out for that word limited warranty.

When they could have bought a Leupold, new or used and no warranty problem. Bernie supporters are just weak upstairs.[:)]