In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Psychiatry: No Science No Cures

AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Here it is, do what you will with it [:D]

There is a growing use of psychiatry by government anytime someone is a 'problem.' Obviously, psychiatry is a factor with firearm purchases today, but what proof is there to support any of the medical claims?

Psychiatry, a practice of the dark ages - revived under marxism - for control and persecution. There is no science proving medical claims and no cures for alleged illnesses.

Psychiatry: No Science No Cures
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V96aYXnRqKw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy79C0v8elE

PSYCHIATRIC FASCISM

by Don Weitz
Toronto, Ontario

For almost 150 years, psychiatry has been masquerading as a medical science and as a branch of medicine. It is not and never was a science or a type of health care. Modern psychiatry is driven by unproved empirical assumptions, medical biases, and pseudo-scientific opinions. There are no scientifically established, independently proven facts in psychiatry. Psychiatry, in fact, has no laws or testable hypotheses and no coherent and comprehensive theory. Psychiatry conspicuously lacks scientific proof or evidence to support its news-media-parroted claims of "mental illness" or "disorders".

After about seventy years of psychiatric practices and research, there is still no diagnostic test for schizophrenia or any of the other three hundred so-called mental disorders listed in the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), which is essentially a list of class-driven moral judgements of allegedly abnormal behaviour, published and propagandized by the American Psychiatric Association. The DSM is the official bible of organized psychiatry. The DSM is the equivalent of the Malleus Maleficarum in the middle ages, which Spanish inquisitors used to identify, target, stigmatize and burn witches and heretics. Today's witches, heretics, and scapegoats are labeled mentally ill or schizophrenic.
www.antipsychiatry.org/weitz2.htm
www.annals-general-psychiatry.com/content/6/1/8

antipsychiatry.org is ran by several dissenting doctors and survivors.

I'm sure we all know someone who's a victim of this, and increasingly it is children.

Comments

• Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Psychiatry, more times than not, is bad. Psychology on the other hand, is very good.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:Psychiatry: No Science No Cures

try telling that to a Bi-polar patient who can only survive in society via medications.
    no cure but treatment exists that has helped thousands.
    jmho
    tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri

try telling that to a Bi-polar patient who can only survive in society via medications.
    jmho
    tom

Most these people have alcohol and drug problems or it could just be a nutrition problem as in too much sugar or caffeine. Smoking cigs delivers many drugs and toxins. After all those are eliminated and other lifestyle needs are studied, such as sleep habbits or lack of, then brain damage could be looked at, but the pharx don't help anything, most often make the problems worse.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure you're in a position to lecture what "Science" is, Jim.

quote:Originally posted by Amish

All granite was created by GOD 6000? years ago

Vaccines are part of an elaborate eugenics program designed to depopulate the entire earth.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=301271&whichpage=2
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

try telling that to a Bi-polar patient who can only survive in society via medications.no cure but treatment exists that has helped thousands.
    jmho
    tom

but note the red highlight, theyare helped by DRUGS therefor MEDICALY.
    NOT by mumbo-jumbo trying to blame it on your mother or being dumped by a girl in h.s.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    I'm not sure you're in a position to lecture what "Science" is, Jim.

All granite was created by GOD 6000? years ago

Vaccines are part of an elaborate eugenics program designed to depopulate the entire earth.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=301271&whichpage=2

I didn't write the OP article. If you have an argument to counter it then please do, because it makes much more sense than what is being practiced today. Or be a victim.

If you watched the videos they show the doctors admitting there's no supporting science to psychiatry.

If you want to debate the old thread about evolution you will lose that one bigtime. But, carry it to the original thread.
  • Options
    edited November -1

jmho
    tom

Or I could try telling it to the percentage of those bi-polar people who were misdiagnosed and prescribed medications that they don't need. While denying the patient the psychotherapy that can actually help them.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    I hear voices

Who doesn't
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I love how anything that is bad is automatically a Marxist plot to subvert the will of the people.

Why, some psychiatrists might say the author of this post was suffering from paranoid delusions.[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Obviously, psychiatry is a factor with firearm purchases today, but what proof is there to support any of the medical claims?

I think most on this site, myself included, believe mental diseases are over-diagnosed and drugs overly-prescribed......but is your position that there is no such thing as a mental illness?
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

jmho
    tom

I guess you don't know any hunters. Pursuing the nature of man. Not pursuing the drugs his wife forces on him
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard on the Science Channel tonight that fifty-eight million Americans are mentally ill. That's about nineteen percent of the population. So if you're in a room with four other people and none of them are crazy, it's you.

I've always been of the opinion that a disease you can be talked out of isn't really a disease.

A couple years ago I was doing one of my heart attack follow-up visits at Duke and told the cardiologist I was bipolar. Then I told him I spent a day and a night (1 year) in Antarctica and went above 60? North with the Marines to invade Norway a few times.

He didn't get my pitiful attempt at humor and said "You know, we have medication for that now."

I told him never mind. It was just my poor attempt at humor.

When he finished all the cardiologist stuff and I was on my way out the door, he asked me if I wanted him to give me a prescription for bipolar medication. I told him never mind, I'd just tough it out.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    I heard on the Science Channel tonight that fifty-eight million Americans are mentally ill. That's about nineteen percent of the population. So if you're in a room with four other people and none of them are crazy, it's you.

I've always been of the opinion that a disease you can be talked out of isn't really a disease.

A couple years ago I was doing one of my heart attack follow-up visits at Duke and told the cardiologist I was bipolar. Then I told him I spent a day and a night (1 year) in Antarctica and went above 60? North with the Marines to invade Norway a few times.

He didn't get my pitiful attempt at humor and said "You know, we have medication for that now."

When he finished all the cardiologist stuff and I was on my way out the door, he asked me if I wanted him to give me a prescription for bipolar medication. I told him never mind, I'd just tough it out.

When you and I grow up. they called it a gift to be humorous... Know they think we are bi-polar... Only because their not smart enough to understand a good joke [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Obviously, psychiatry is a factor with firearm purchases today, but what proof is there to support any of the medical claims?

I think most on this site, myself included, believe mental diseases are over-diagnosed and drugs overly-prescribed......but is your position that there is no such thing as a mental illness?

RO, I didn't want to turn this into a long argument about what my position is. Some doctors do have differing opinion. I agree with them.

Just dropping this important info by. Everyone gets to pointing at one another, then the family gets involved, next thing you know you're disarmed. It's all nonsense.

Obviously, brain damage can be medically diagnosed with some test.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    I love how anything that is bad is automatically a Marxist plot to subvert the will of the people.

Why, some psychiatrists might say the author of this post was suffering from paranoid delusions.[:o)]

I'm certain of it!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey

I'm certain of it!
    Certainty is a surefire sign of severe dementia.[;)]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    When you and I grow up. they called it a gift to be humorous... Know they think we are bi-polar... Only because their not smart enough to understand a good joke [:D][:D][:D]

Come to think of it, the Earth is bipolar. [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK

In today's society, doctors can't afford to have a sense of humor. The lawyers have seen to that.

Trust me, they ain't stupid. They're just covering their @$$#s.
  • Options
    edited November -1

RO, I didn't want to turn this into a long argument about what my position is. Some doctors do have differing opinion. I agree with them.

But you won't say what that position is.

Either mental illnesses exist, or they don't. It doesn't require a long argument, just a simple yes or no.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its your fathers fault.[:o)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    I went to the website; and no physicians are listed, the author
    has no credentials. He sites old information. Looks like a
    bunch of compiled diatribe to me. Mouse RN, former community
    mental health certified, unit magager for 5 yrs. adult and adolescent
    psychiatric units. Mental illness is real, and I've seen some
    amazing recoverys from severly depressed, manic-depressed, and
    schizophrenic patients with the use of medications. The brain is
    still unexplored territory, but hopefully someday a cure can
    be found. In the meantime, medications do help to alleviate
    symptoms. Some unfortunate schizophrenics continue with hallucinations and hearing voices. The meds can keep them from
    self harm, or acting upon command voices. In the case of hypomania,
    at least the individual can function again, without delusions
    and going insane from lack of sleep, and have fewer episodes.
    In cases of severe depression where they've gotten to the point
    of suicide, or inability to even function in their lives, they
    can remain working, and interacting with others. Medications even
    thou they have side-effects, sure beat the alternative.
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [br

the biggest example is the a.d.d. type "diseases" they are claiming what seems to be half of kids today are "victims" of.
    i truly believe that most are just normal rumbunctious kids, but shove them full of drugs and it makes them easier to handle and mold into the docile "fit in" society the government wants
    used to be if you acted up in class or such you got your rear end turned red and that was the end of it...which is of course "abuse" and not allowed these days
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:it could just be a nutrition problem as in too much sugar or caffeine.

You're kidding, right?
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    My MIL, who evidently was sexually and physically abused as a child, is seeing a therapist. Who is dragging her thru all these painfull memories.
    Then she comes home shaking and upset. And has began having my wife take her to the ER over panic attacks. What a bunch of BS.
    I could tell her in ten minutes what's wrong w/her. And do it for FREE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat
    My MIL, who evidently was sexually and physically abused as a child, is seeing a therapist. Who is dragging her thru all these painfull memories.
    Then she comes home shaking and upset. And has began having my wife take her to the ER over panic attacks. What a bunch of BS.
    I could tell her in ten minutes what's wrong w/her. And do it for FREE.

That's sort of how psychotherapy works. The old memories have to be recovered and addressed. This is called the discovery stage. I'd be some what concerned about the panic attacks however. Her therapist may be moving to fast for her. Group therapy in addition to the one on one may also help alleviate some of the panic symptoms.

Maybe have a look over here for more info. http://psychcentral.com/
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Naw, her problem is that she is stupid. A nice woman, but stupid.
    When her husband of 40 years died, she got in a big hurry to remarry. And despite everyone trying to tell her not to, married the 1st A-hole she found tat would have her. And by A-hole , I mean A-HOLE! She miserable now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat
    Naw, her problem is that she is stupid. A nice woman, but stupid.
    When her husband of 40 years died, she got in a big hurry to remarry. And despite everyone trying to tell her not to, married the 1st A-hole she found tat would have her. And by A-hole , I mean A-HOLE! She miserable now.

Well then she's outta luck. Cuz there aint no cure for stupid.[:D][:o)]
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Amish, You have 666 posts right now. [:D][}:)]
  • Options
    dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    I work in the mental health field and have seen thousands helped by psychotherapy and medications!