In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Info On Alpec Laser Mounts

trapshooteraa27aatrapshooteraa27aa Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Looking for any help on alpec laser mounts. I have app 380 and have no idea what model of gun they may fit. I did call the company and they stopped making them in 2008 or so. They still make hand wand style laser's. I'm looking for a reference chart or something so I can take the number from the box and match to a gun. Any help is appreciated.
Chris 517-320-1970 biggcattmando@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Sad ain't it?

Now if you asked about jams, hot peppers, or knitting quilts then you would have had a two page response.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chris, don't list your phone number publicly. Also I have some peppers and jams for sale that I can sell you as soon as I get done knitting my quilt.[:D] Sorry I cannot help, but repost this over in ask the experts. Those guys might be of some help. Oakie. PS, welcome to the forums
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The manufacturer wasn't any help?
    They couldn't look it up for you in an old catalog? Call em back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Surely there is someone who has been with the company a little longer.

Those tube style laser handgun mounts just aren't popular anymore. Most look at them as junk. I did a quick google and saw similar laser mounts by Alpec selling for $9 to $25 on ebay and other auction sites.

Surefire, Insight, and Laser Grips are the 3 best handgun lasers - flashlight laser combos out there. However, I doubt many on here (myself included) would go out of their way to pay the price those companies want for their product as lasers for the most part are gimmics. You'd be better off with a flashlight to identify your target at night.

PS. What is the number on the box?
    What does the instructions in the box say?
    How about posting a picture of all of this information?
    How about posting a picture of the unit?

How does the unit mount on a pistol? On the trigger guard?
    Have you tried mounting it on one your pistols?

Seems like a lot of effort for something that has doubtful value for resale. Most new shooters that don't know better will buy a hunk of junk Barska, NcStar, etc. for their pistol.
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    chris, don't list your phone number publicly. Also I have some peppers and jams for sale that I can sell you as soon as I get done knitting my quilt.[:D] Sorry I cannot help, but repost this over in ask the experts. Those guys might be of some help. Oakie. PS, welcome to the forums

[:D]