In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This is what a $4500 +,python looks like,

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
I do love pythons,,but $4500 ?? Wow,,

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=355004036

What will it end at ??

Comments

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is purty but it ain't $4,500 purty.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He may get it. The one I sold several years ago was a used Python Elite that went for over $3500.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I bought that, first thing I would do is take it out and shoot it just to see the collectors cry [:D]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    It does look pretty-much unfired to me..Absolutely ZERO turn-line that I can see...It's minty sweet!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    He may get it. The one I sold several years ago was a used Python Elite that went for over $3500.
    oh,he'll get it,,current bid is 4530.,,[:0][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ahhh....didn't see that....cool. These things just keep going up and up!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    If I bought that, first thing I would do is take it out and shoot it just to see the collectors cry [:D]
    Heck yes. I want to buy one in really good shape,and I fully intend to shoot it and I'll be the one to wear a turn line on the cyl.,,[;)][;)][^][^][^] I promise me,its gonna happen,,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    Heck yes. I want to buy one in really good shape,and I fully intend to shoot it and I'll be the one to wear a turn line on the cyl.,,[;)][;)][^][^][^] I promise me,its gonna happen,,

Guns are made to shoot and damn these collectors for causing the prices of good guns to skyrocket! I feel it is my duty to help lower the value of these guns by using them exactly for what they was made for!! BANG!!! [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Guns are made to shoot and damn these collectors for causing the prices of good guns to skyrocket! I feel it is my duty to help lower the value of these guns by using them exactly for what they was made for!! BANG!!! [:D][:D][:D]
    [;)][;)] Thank you,,,[^][^][:D][:D]
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been a valued member of this forum for years. If one of you guys really likes me, he will buy this gun for me.

Thank you,
    Allen
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Psshhhhh..... I paid $1100 for a plain Jane 6" blue one the other day. It was from the 60's and had the correct grips on it.

The seller needed money and I bought it. Before I could get it listed they wanted to buy it back (that same day.) So I let them have it.

These things have gotten so pricey I will never get to keep one myself.

I once thought I would like to stick one in the safe, but I'm not kidding myself any more about that silly idea.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Psshhhhh..... I paid $1100 for a plain Jane 6" blue one the other day. It was from the 60's and had the correct grips on it.

The seller needed money and I bought it. Before I could get it listed they wanted to buy it back (that same day.) So I let them have it.

I once thought I would like to stick one in the safe, but I'm not kidding myself any more about that silly idea.

I get my contracting job back, I'm buying one and I'm gonna USE it [:D]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I have been a valued member of this forum for years. If one of you guys really likes me, he will buy this gun for me.

Thank you,
    Allen

Your ok, but not that ok [:D]
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a few unfired with the boxes, one in particular from the Colt custom shop.......wonder what it would bring??[:)]
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    You could have likely doubled your money Kasey on that Python..

Dan @Canyon State has really nice stuff.. Great seller.. Lots of pictures.. l have gotten a couple guns from him thru GB.. [^]
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do love pythons,,but $4500 ?? Wow,,

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=355004036

What will it end at ??

But, but it "locks up tight"..... that's important !!!

[;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by we_dig_it
    I have a few unfired with the boxes, one in particular from the Colt custom shop.......wonder what it would bring??[:)]
    A lot![;)]
  • Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    Would love to have it,
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I have one just like the one in the auction. Mine doesn't have the laminated grips, they are original Colt. Bought it in 1973, paid $303 for it, brand new. In all honesty, it doesn't have more than 1000 rounds through it. Bought a set of Pachmeyers for it when I bought it, the factory grips are like new. I don't have the box, but it looks as good as the one listed.
    In 1973 I was real busy getting divorced, hauling freight up the Alaska Hi Way, and attending to the needs of most of the comely women along the way. The Python sat in a gun cabinet at home for probably 10 years. When I finally got around to playing with it, I realized what I really had, and what shooting it a lot would do to it. I bought a model 27 Smith, have shot the hell out of it, and it's still as tight as the day I bought it. Pythons are like K frames, great carry guns, but won't take a lot of hi end 357 loads, without problems.
    The long and short of it is, it turned out to be one of the better investments I've ever made
    My wife says, the widow Truitt is going to have a hell of a gun sale when I'm gone.[;)]
    W.D.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw a beautiful Python a while back. NIB, 4" barrel, nickel-plated, with fire-blued screws. Didn't even have a turn ring on the cylinder. I can only assume it was a custom shop piece. Looked too nice to shoot.

What would something like that go for now?
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    I own and love a 4" Python, but they are priced just plain stupid in my opinion. If mine weren't a heirloom it'd be sold quick!
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    A Glock is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more beautiful.
    I don't see the attraction of a gun which was never used for it's intended purpose.

NS
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I get my contracting job back, I'm buying one and I'm gonna USE it [:D]

I hope it irritates you that mine is a total safe queen. [:D]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You sell it back for $1200? [;)]
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Man, I hope he gets it as I got one just like it, sans box! GO BABY, GO!
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's nice, but not $4500.00 nice, not even close.
  • Options
    mrshortymrshorty Member Posts: 110
    edited November -1
    bought mine in 75 4 inch nickel plate fired maybe 500 rounds has been in lockup now for 30 years never fired again too many others to play with
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

You sell it back for $1200? [;)]

No, I do a lot with this person....eventually I will most likely end up with it. I had a set of Ruger #1's that I bought and sold back to him at least a dozen times. He eventually didn't buy them back from me and I sold them. This Python will probably be mine at least 5 more times before I get to sell it.
  • Options
    mjbmxzmjbmxz Member Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good truck gun right there.