In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Presidents In Uniform

MudderChuckMudderChuck Member Posts: 4,105
edited November 2012 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    oh, that it not only good, but truthful too
  • Options
    getinvolvedgetinvolved Member Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Military service should be a requirement to qualify for the presidency. How can a president be commander in chief without military experience?
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762
    Military service should be a requirement to qualify for the presidency. How can a president be commander in chief without military experience?

Ask Thomas Jefferson.
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    I disagree. Community Organizer for ACORN is experience enough.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    our present CIC would be well suited in a medievel clown outfit complete with bells .....
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1

Amen! I agree!! A friend of mine likes the way it is stated in 'Storm ship Troopers'. You can not hold office or vote unless you have served in the military!!![8D]
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

Amen! I agree!! A friend of mine likes the way it is stated in 'Storm ship Troopers'. You can not hold office or vote unless you have served in the military!!![8D]

Yes, but what if you are unable to serve, if you are disabled or have suffered some terible injury that would prevent you from serving, even if you had wanted to? People like that should be denied a vote because they did'nt serve?

Its funny, a lot of people here rail on about the governement contrlling too many facets of our lives, yet proclaim that only someone who has served that government in a military role should be eligible to vote, its incredible.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    only TAX PAYERS..........[8]

the welfare slugs get what they get, and should be thankful for it[V]
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    C&P from the Huff Post ~

Mitt Romney wants to increase our military budget by $2 billion per year even though our generals think we don't need it. While a student at Stanford in the '60s, Mitt Romney demonstrated on the streets supporting the Vietnam War. "Governor's son pickets the pickets," ran the newspaper headline.

But when he got the chance to serve his country, Romney quickly applied for and was granted four draft deferments between 1965 and 1970, three for academic studies and one as a minister of religion. He left Stanford and went off to Paris, where he lived in a historic grand mansion. From 1966 to 1969, Romney's draft record describes him as a "minister of religion or divinity student."

[;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    only TAX PAYERS..........[8]

the welfare slugs get what they get, and should be thankful for it[V]

Bingo!
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The people who wrote the constitution knew exactly what they were doing, its a peice of art above anything else but the voters are the problem by putting the wrong people into office [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

BS,.....I signed up for selective service as I was supposed to.
    Nothing happened, and I didn't join the military just for the sake of the benefits.

On the other hand, I have payed big taxes for many years, and given a number of people jobs.

I think our military is great, but it is voluntary. Don't tell me I can't vote because I didn't volunteer for the military.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Your 'friend' needs a reality check.

How many tens of millions of people do we want to train, pay, feed, and house just so that at some point in their life they will not be denied the opportunity to vote?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Military service should be a requirement to qualify for the presidency. How can a president be commander in chief without military experience?

I reckon the same way a person with no medical training or experience can be a hospital administrator.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mormons are required to travel all over the world and perform missionary duties. Most of them do it after high school or college. They then get married and start cranking out babies.quote:Originally posted by gesshots
    C&P from the Huff Post ~

Mitt Romney wants to increase our military budget by $2 billion per year even though our generals think we don't need it. While a student at Stanford in the '60s, Mitt Romney demonstrated on the streets supporting the Vietnam War. "Governor's son pickets the pickets," ran the newspaper headline.

But when he got the chance to serve his country, Romney quickly applied for and was granted four draft deferments between 1965 and 1970, three for academic studies and one as a minister of religion. He left Stanford and went off to Paris, where he lived in a historic grand mansion. From 1966 to 1969, Romney's draft record describes him as a "minister of religion or divinity student."

[;)][:D]
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D] I never knew how good ole Bill Clinton looked in that band uniform[:o)]
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,982 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It all started w/ this guy and if he was still alive, he would be amassing a militia and marching on Washington D.C.

George+Washington.jpg
  • Options
    Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OMG! I'm glad I was drinking when I saw that. Lol.