In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WOLF HUNTING MONTANA

storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Today, Montanan's were allowed to purchase wolf tags. People lined up in order to purchase the tags for 19 dollars. Out of state hunters can purchase them as well for around 300 dollars.

The limit is one per hunter. I sure hope I dont make a bad shot and loose the wolf while tracking it.

All you city slickers, liberals posing as sportsmen and fruit cakes who believe wolves are beneficial to our ecosystem can now kiss my *. I will think of you when I eat the still beating heart of my first legal wolf kill.

Comments

• Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    i dont see them as being any different to any other animal. there is a certain amount of land available and that land will only hold so many of a certain species, once that limit is reached they have to expand to other areas(not really an option) or they have to be culled...it really is that simple.

good luck with your hunting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    i dont see them as being any different to any other animal. there is a certain amount of land available and that land will only hold so many of a certain species, once that limit is reached they have to expand to other areas(not really an option) or they have to be culled...it really is that simple.

I suppose you dont see them as being any different because you dont see them at all.

These wolves are planted by government agents and were imported from canada. They destroy everything.

We "culled" them decades ago. None of the wolves we have are native or natural.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    Today, Montanan's were allowed to purchase wolf tags. People lined up in order to purchase the tags for 19 dollars. Out of state hunters can purchase them as well for around 300 dollars.

The limit is one per hunter. I sure hope I dont make a bad shot and loose the wolf while tracking it.

All you city slickers, liberals posing as sportsmen and fruit cakes who believe wolves are beneficial to our ecosystem can now kiss my *. I will think of you when I eat the still beating heart of my first legal wolf kill.

If you're too dumb to find an Elk, how you gonna find a Wolf?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:The FWP web site is now warning that the hunt can be stopped by the tree hugging POS liberals (ie: PETA), then refunds would be issued. [V]

Jim

Sounds like they are who the tags should have been issued for lol [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aglore
    quote:

If you're too dumb to find an Elk, how you gonna find a Wolf?

Don't have that problem. I'll be thinking of you transplant....

08elk.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HobbyGuy
    Got mine first thing this morning online (one of only twenty-two issued in our region). [^] The FWP web site is now warning that the hunt can be stopped by the tree hugging POS liberals (ie: PETA), then refunds would be issued. [V]

Jim

Good luck with your hunt Jim! Once you have the tag in your hand, you need to cut yourself off from communications with the FWP. You have the tag in hand and unless they notify you using proper USPS protocol... You have things squared away.

Communist Judge Malloy wont be able to win this one.. I think the people have spoken by purchasing the hell out of the tags.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you have no obligation to check in daily. you never signed up for that one! If they sell you the tag you get your wolf.

Fortunately for us they did not legally determine this before selling the tags. It can easily be challenged and I'm sure it will be.

Congrats on your purchase and the best of luck to you! I really hope you nail one!!!
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1

I suppose you dont see them as being any different because you dont see them at all.

These wolves are planted by government agents and were imported from canada. They destroy everything.

just a question. if we were to "cull" off every single deer,elk,moose whatever in your area. and then reintroduce them years later. would these reintroduced deer,elk,moose ect be none native and unnatural??? i support regulated hunting to keep numbers in check. but IMHO anyone who seeks annihaliation of any animal is an azzhat who should never be allowed to hunt again. call me a tree hugger all you like youd just be prooving what orafice your speaking out of.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982

just a question. if we were to "cull" off every single deer,elk,moose whatever in your area. and then reintroduce them years later. would these reintroduced deer,elk,moose ect be none native and unnatural??? i support regulated hunting to keep numbers in check. but IMHO anyone who seeks annihaliation of any animal is an azzhat who should never be allowed to hunt again. call me a tree hugger all you like youd just be prooving what orafice your speaking out of.

I'm not the one who introduced hybrid dogs and called them wolves. Man kills wolves to protect their own food sources.

Your hypothetical oatmeal is just that. oatmeal.

Wolves were eliminated for a reason. We took their place as predator in the area and needed to protect our people and food sources.

Kiss my * hippie.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I'm not the one who introduced hybrid dogs and called them wolves. Man kills wolves to protect their own food sources.

Wolves were eliminated for a reason. We took their place as predator in the area and needed to protect our people and food sources.

Kiss my * hippie.

i dont live in the area so i freely admit i dont know first hand what your dealing with. please explain this to me. what are they bred with to make them hybrids? everthing ive seen on the biases tv channels showed them as being whatever kind of wolf imported from canada. not a wolf bred with a dog but a wolf. and you didnt answear my origional question. why is it that reintroduced wolves are non native and unnatural. but reintroduced deer or elk would not be??? please help a moron understand your way of thinking.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Kiss my * hippie.

i dont live in the area so i freely admit i dont know first hand what your dealing with. please explain this to me. what are they bred with to make them hybrids? everthing ive seen on the biases tv channels showed them as being whatever kind of wolf imported from canada. not a wolf bred with a dog but a wolf. and you didnt answear my origional question. why is it that reintroduced wolves are non native and unnatural. but reintroduced deer or elk would not be??? please help a moron understand your way of thinking.

If you take out a natural predator to an area, over the years the animals in the area will adapt to not having that predator around and will evolve like everything else does. The wolves we have here are much larger that the ones native to montana. Our wolves were the size of a really fat coyote. They are putting in what they say are canadian timber wolves by transporting them in from canada and kennels. The dog has a different gene than a wolf and can be determined by the y chroma in a dna sample. They are mixed with domesticated dogs like the husky. This makes them want to kill everything and eat nothing. Just for sport.

I do want to kill every single wolf that has this domestic chroma in their genes. They are easy to identify. We are dealing with transplants not wolves.

You don't know what you are talking about and have never had livestock killed by wolves, kids followed by them or lost a dog to them. So kiss my * again and wake up.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Kiss my * hippie.

If you take out a natural predator to an area, over the years the animals in the area will adapt to not having that predator around and will evolve like everything else does. The wolves we have here are much larger that the ones native to montana. Our wolves were the size of a really fat coyote. They are putting in what they say are canadian timber wolves by transporting them in from canada and kennels. The dog has a different gene than a wolf and can be determined by the y chroma in a dna sample. They are mixed with domesticated dogs like the husky. This makes them want to kill everything and eat nothing. Just for sport.

I do want to kill every single wolf that has this domestic chroma in their genes. They are easy to identify. We are dealing with transplants not wolves.

You don't know what you are talking about and have never had livestock killed by wolves, kids followed by them or lost a dog to them. So kiss my * again and wake up.

I feel that kicking peoples * are preferable to kissing them but to each his own. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and who the hell would kill all the deer and elk in the first place? they are herbivores. we killed the wolves to protect our meat dummy.

im not even going to answer such a stupid question.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Kiss my * hippie.

ok first no i won't kiss your * i dont know whos been around it. second. for any animal to evolve takes eons. not decades. and the killing purely for sport sounds a lot like you my friend. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    im not saying anyone would or should kill off all the deer. im just asking if you would hold them to the same standards of being "natural" as you would these wolves.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck with your hunts, Storm6490 and HobbyGuy. Smoke a wolf for me![:D]

I'm crossing my fingers that Molloy doesn't bow to the greenies this time as well.

Joshmb1982, for future reference, if you must talk about Montana wolves, please don't use the term "reintroduced". They weren't reintroduced, they were never here to begin with.

Wait a minute, you said you didn't live in this area, correct, and that you hadn't seen their actions firsthand? My mistake, I thought your argument was valid.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Kiss my * hippie.

ok first no i won't kiss your * i dont know whos been around it. second. for any animal to evolve takes eons. not decades. and the killing purely for sport sounds a lot like you my friend. [;)]

listen up fag, i hunt to feed my family unlike your city dwelling walmart shopping *. killing the wolves protects my food sources. we would starve if not for our wild game.

evolution is a constant there plato... you are evolving as we speak.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok. if these introduced wolves are larger and more dangerous then the ones that would be "natural" to your area then i would agree that they need to be taken out as a feral species. how much larger are they? everything i have ever read said that there were timber and grey wolves throughout the west. and that these wolves could get up to 125lbs +. the only wolf ive heard of that is the size of a fat coyote is the red wolf of the southwest.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Kiss my * hippie.

+1 without the last sentence...you folks have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. These animals are very aggressive and have absolutely NO FEAR of humans.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    im not saying anyone would or should kill off all the deer. im just asking if you would hold them to the same standards of being "natural" as you would these wolves.

Josh you can't argue with an idiot. He shows one picture of a raghorn Elk and he is the almighty Elk hunter. But then again he is too stupid to outsmart an animal in it's native habitat while it is also being hunted by other predators. He forgot the whole meaning of conservation and hunting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

Kiss my * hippie.

I feel that kicking peoples * are preferable to kissing them but to each his own. Don

That's not what Matty tells me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you guys twist things around so well. and you are sadly mistaken in my lifestyle. while true i do not depend on hunting as my sole means of putting meat in the freezer i doubt very much that is the case with the vast majority of people in this country. you never eat beef or chicken or pork bought from a store? yes evolution is a constant. however nothing changes over night. and 50yrs is a blink of the eye as fare as evolution goes. no animal with a spine evolves that fast without direct human intervention.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Josh you can't argue with an idiot. He shows one picture of a raghorn Elk and he is the almighty Elk hunter. But then again he is too stupid to outsmart an animal in it's native habitat while it is also being hunted by other predators. He forgot the whole meaning of conservation and hunting.

yea i know. i just having fun seeing him get all riled up witht he name calling.

i said in my first or second poost in this thread i dont have any first hand accounts for what you guys are going throgh out there. mabye if i did i would think differently. yet i ask a question and am called a treehugger a fag and whatever else. im just atempting to wade through these piles of bs and figure out wth you guys are talking about.
  • Options
    edited November -1

yea i know. i just having fun seeing him get all riled up witht he name calling.

i said in my first or second poost in this thread i dont have any first hand accounts for what you guys are going throgh out there. mabye if i did i would think differently. yet i ask a question and am called a treehugger a fag and whatever else. im just atempting to wade through these piles of bs and figure out wth you guys are talking about.

This entire subject has been thoroughly debated here on GB numerous times. If you are truly interested in learning more about the situation, do a search. You will find tons of reading material.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

This entire subject has been thoroughly debated here on GB numerous times. If you are truly interested in learning more about the situation, do a search. You will find tons of reading material.

Why would anyone read anything here? Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

Why would anyone read anything here? Don

I'm still trying to figure that one out myself...
  • Options
    edited November -1

well al, if you want to compare the size of your, I can do that.
    I'm an avid whitetail hunter and a pretty good elk hunter. i have been conducting quality deer management on a farm for over 20 years. I conserve the animals I hunt. Wolves play no part in conservation. I have been hunted by man and survived. You got your A card.

Edit by ECC...Keep it civil. Thanks.
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    My god here we go again! [}:)]. Algore I just have to laugh at ya[:D] These grey wolves are not native here and they are a problem, They need managed... period. I would expect more from someone who has "trapped" so many in Montana. IF you cant see what is happening your not a near as smart as you think[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1

well al, if you want to compare the size of your , I can do that.
    I'm an avid whitetail hunter and a pretty good elk hunter. i have been conducting quality deer management on a farm for over 20 years. I conserve the animals I hunt. Wolves play no part in conservation. I have been hunted by man and survived. You got your A card.

Dude, when you call someone out, know what you are calling. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1

well al, if you want to compare the size of your, I can do that.

Edit by ECC...Keep it civil. Thanks.

dayum somebody is a bit grouchy today. im comfurtable with the size of my manhood. i dont need to see yours to be happy with what the good lord gave me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what species of wolf was native to your area?
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and who the hell would kill all the deer and elk in the first place? they are herbivores. we killed the wolves to protect our meat dummy.

im not even going to answer such a stupid question.

Dude what are you drinking? Slow down. Both deer and elk have been killed out in several regions of the country and introduced back in at a later time. We had to reintroduce deer into my area of Indiana, and elk into Kentucky. Hey the Elk aren't the original Eastern Elk but at least they are Elk and they are doing well. I don't have a problem with you hunting wolves, I hope I get the chance someday myself. I haven't read a post here that says not to hunt them, they only asked what your problem is with the current introduction, you have answered, you could answer and give your opinion without insulting people. The man asked what you thought the difference was in introducing other species back into an area vs introducing wolves. He didn't say weather it was right or wrong, only asked a question. Lighten up, share you knowledge and opinions with a little respect and you will recieve respect in kind.
  • Options
    edited November -1

The timber wolf, bout half the size..... and the old timers killed em off for a reason, These grey wolves are killing just to kill..... that plays no part in conservation period...... they dont have a predator and they need one! hard to be smarter than an elk while hunting if there are NO ELK! Let these wolves go much longer and thats exactly what will be[}:)] Look at the numbers over the years since introduction
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idahordnk

The timber wolf, bout half the size..... and the old timers killed em off for a reason, These grey wolves are killing just to kill..... that plays no part in conservation period...... they dont have a predator and they need one! hard to be smarter than an elk while hunting if there are NO ELK! Let these wolves go much longer and thats exactly what will be[}:)] Look at the numbers over the years since introduction

BS
    it has been proven that natural preditors do not kill for the joy of killing. they kill what they need to survive. otherwise they would destroy their own food sourse and starve to death. sure there are rouges ev ery now and then that defy explination but as a whole they are not bloodthirsty killers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    timber wolves from the department of natural resourses website. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/wolves/index.html

Among the lower 48 states, Minnesota is unique because it supports a large number of timber wolves. A full grown timber wolf weighs from 70 to 100 pounds. Powerfully built with steel-strong jaws, muscular legs, and large feet, the wolf is an efficient predator. A typical Minnesota wolf is mixed gray in color with yellowish sides and darker gray on the back. However, individuals vary from almost solid black to buff-white.

doesnt sound very small to me so your wolves are 150-200lbs +????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if these reinroduced wolves are indeed twice the size of what was native to your area. sounds like you have dire wolves there now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dire_Wolf

now those i would agree need to be heavily controlled
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Id put a full grown grey at closer to 150-200

[url]wolflarge2.jpg[/url]
    [url]wolves_sleds.jpg[/url]
  • Options
    edited November -1

:) nice little dogs you have there! gives the city folk an idea of how damn dangerous and deadly they really are. too bad the media always puts cute photos of pups and small ones up for people to see..
  • Options
    edited November -1

wow. them some well fed pups. ill tell you now though from first hand experience. a wolf that size is better then half hair. you take any of those 3 wolves from those pics and shave them clean and they will look. much much smaller. that much i can say from experience