In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If those stores rebuild

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
in Ferguson, I hope a coke cost $5, and they stop selling tobacco and lottery. QT should charge $5 for a gal of gas. In fact, nothing in that place should be a penny under $5.

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GunBroker auctions in that neck of the woods should also have a $5.00 start[:D]
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess would be that there won't be much rebuilding until the feds are done with their "investigation"...and the legal aspect is put to rest for good.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our P.O.S. will offer federal money to rebuild. Federal being yours and mine naturally.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the news a couple nights ago one lady received over 225 k in donations already to help rebuild , not that it should matter but she was black , It would be interesting if everyone got donations like that that lost there business . I know if me in that situation I would take the cash and tell the locals Kiss my * on the way out the door ( I think she had a coffee shop or something along those lines . regardless I am glad she did receive money from the people who did care she lost it all [;)]
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't believe no one has mentioned roof Koreans yet.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If any of them do rebuild, I hope it's either in another town, or another state altogether. Matter of fact, pull up every business there, and move. Let the Dindu Nuffins fend for themselves for a change. First time for everything, etc. Ferguson would look nice with nothing but tumbleweeds rolling down main street, and the idiot "protesters" left behind with nothing but a dumb look on their faces; stupidly, hypocritically wondering what happened. Not that they would or could accept anything resembling responsibility for creating a ghost town.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't help but wonder where the city funding comes from. The loss of a dozen +/- businesses can't help the tax base. It's sad that the responsible citizens that open these mom & pop shops are the big losers. They probably have everything invested in them. So many live off government hand-outs and contribute nothing to the community tax base.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    Can't believe no one has mentioned roof Koreans yet.

One of the threads had a bunch of Roof Koreans, photos, links to videos.

During the riots a whole bunch of locals surrounded the bakery and linked arms, turned back the looters from the bakery. It was still damaged first, before the local crowd stopped them.

There's been a number of businesses receiving help from citizens there and online from elsewhere. People cleaning up messes, donating to rebuild. The bakery lady needed $20K and got over ten times that. She was interviewed, said with the help she met all Thanksgiving orders.

Wonder if she will donate to help some other businesses?
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,065 ******
    edited November -1
    ...they'll get a govt grant to rebuild,bigger,brighter,better,,
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What will happen is after this area is trashed the locust will move into another area of stability and start all over again, naturally with the help of the Government.[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    This guy won't have to rebuild....

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation-and-world/black-residents-protect-white-owned-store-ferguson

The "Roof Korean Effect" Still Lives!!!

[;)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    has any one of the arson/looter bums been arrested...i mean we had a thousand videos of looting and arson in real time...or are they all obama special needs people
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    the best one i heard about was in a riot area some time ago,when the owner and several of his armed friends were watching his store when a group of rioters came close with the intent to burn it down, when he ask them to leave his store alone. some one in the crowd said that they were going to burn it down and the owner was to have said that he would try to shoot them all as he would go to jail for one, he may as well go to jail for shooting more. the people moved down the street. i don,t know it if its true or not,but i liked what he was to have said. according to T.S. uncle albert,one of the i don,t give a crap crowd.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Various news reports list well over a hundred arrests. Most for little stuff, disorderly conduct and the like. Have not heard if a single instigator / looter / arsonist was caught.

This is all on the heads of Governor Nixon and Police Chief Jackson. They claimed all sorts of plans, ready to handle anything. Turned out they were completely unready. Should have been National Guard in the town and on patrol before the Grand Jury announcement. Should have been police and Guard teamed up and positioned at businesses all across the town.

Another thing, a pastor was interviewed. Said his parishioners told him they knew of people planning to loot and burn specific businesses. His parishioners protected what they could but the police were told and the police ignored the information.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about the church that was burned.

Who thinks the "Pastor" did it to get attention?

I do.[:0]
    RLTW

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    may be it was just payback, after all the stores didn,t have anything to do with the brown shooting either. according to T.S. uncle albert,one of the i don,t give a crap crowd.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just feel sorry for the honest people trapped there and now cannot get the things they need like prescriptions and such without traveling. I just don't understand why they didn't defend their businesses with firearms and the such.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dear People of Ferguson,

We have heard your message loud and clear and we hereby announce fundamental changes in how we conduct police and fire business within Ferguson city limits.

1. We will no longer hire any police officer or fireman who is White and we will immediately release all White officers currently employed here. The remaining non-White officers and firemen will all be promoted to Co-Chief and will perform office duties only.

2. In light of the complete lack of first responders, we will no longer respond to any 911 call in the city. In the unfortunate event that you are being robbed, assaulted or on fire, please feel free to contact Al Sharpton, or any local drug-addicted psychopathic thug.

3. In the absence of any investigative personnel, we will be unable to prosecute any alleged act of self-defense which may or may not have been committed by a citizen or business owner in fear of crime.

Thank you,

Former Chiefs of Ferguson Fire and Police
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Dear People of Ferguson,

We have heard your message loud and clear and we hereby announce fundamental changes in how we conduct police and fire business within Ferguson city limits.

1. We will no longer hire any police officer or fireman who is White and we will immediately release all White officers currently employed here. The remaining non-White officers and firemen will all be promoted to Co-Chief and will perform office duties only.

2. In light of the complete lack of first responders, we will no longer respond to any 911 call in the city. In the unfortunate event that you are being robbed, assaulted or on fire, please feel free to contact Al Sharpton, or any local drug-addicted psychopathic thug.

3. In the absence of any investigative personnel, we will be unable to prosecute any alleged act of self-defense which may or may not have been committed by a citizen or business owner in fear of crime.

Thank you,

Former Chiefs of Ferguson Fire and Police

Perfect!
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Various news reports list well over a hundred arrests. Most for little stuff, disorderly conduct and the like. Have not heard if a single instigator / looter / arsonist was caught.

This is all on the heads of Governor Nixon and Police Chief Jackson. They claimed all sorts of plans, ready to handle anything. Turned out they were completely unready. Should have been National Guard in the town and on patrol before the Grand Jury announcement. Should have been police and Guard teamed up and positioned at businesses all across the town.

Another thing, a pastor was interviewed. Said his parishioners told him they knew of people planning to loot and burn specific businesses. His parishioners protected what they could but the police were told and the police ignored the information.

We could also apply blame to the criminals.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Blame on the criminals is a given. The politicians and police were supposed to be ready and they weren't even close.

If the people you hire to protect you show themselves to be incompetent, you blame them for it that failing and fire their *.

Anybody remember Ray Nagin?
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe they'll take a cue from the business folks from Detroit. Leave and let them run a mock
  • Options
    rdcinmnrdcinmn Member Posts: 655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are parts of LA that still haven't recovered from the King riots, I think those people collected their insurance checks and left the area.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Open a store.
    Put every item on a high shelf with sign saying "Ask for help obtaining items on high shelf".
    Everyone reaching with hands up gets shot.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    'Liquor store?...Nah, we don't have one anymore'

Somehow I don't think that the entrepeneurs out there will overlook that lucrative market. Even if it gets burned down 6 months from now they still made a helluva return on investment [}:)]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KAMsales
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    'Liquor store?...Nah, we don't have one anymore'

Somehow I don't think that the entrepeneurs out there will overlook that lucrative market. Even if it gets burned down 6 months from now they still made a helluva return on investment [}:)]
    yep
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain