In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Explain the 3%

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    3 out of every 100. Or 30 out of every 1000. Do I need to go on?
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    3 and growing

you?
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3% refers to the patriots who actually went afield and fought the revolution for our freedom. Those who are willing to do the same, fight and die for our freedom often call themselves 3%'ers. I count myself among them
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo
    3% refers to the patriots who actually went afield and fought the revolution for our freedom. Those who are willing to do the same, fight and die for our freedom often call themselves 3%'ers. I count myself among them
    +1
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    3%= Cheap American beer with 3% alcohol[xx(]
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    3% = the amount of "News Stories" that the Mainstream Media puts out that contain some Truth.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    .003%=The amount of politicians who actually care about the constitution
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    As stated above, the 3 % we often refer to indicates the numbers of Colonists that ACTUALLY fell out, rifle in hand, to shoot the British.

They were supported by about 30 % of the population.

That is the bare numbers.
    There is a deeper meaning behind those numbers. At any given time in human history, they appears to be only a tiny minority of the population that know and desire freedom. MOST are content to never look beyond the next step in their life..and as long as that step is relatively clear, they don't give a rats az about anything else.
    Give then the impression that they are going somewhere of their own free will...and they will walk in that circle, pushing that long pole hooked to the pump that cranks out wealth and comfort beyond the Gods imagination...for SOMEBODY ELSE...until they die.

Only a few, at any given time, are capable of looking to see what is happening. They are hated and reviled by those all around them ..those happy with their bread and circuses.

Those men and woman wishing to be free individuals, and willing to fight for that Right...those are the three percenters.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    3% is what some arses think they need to add to there auctions to accept credit cards.[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you very much, that helps. If I were a better student of history I would have better understood. I thought this was the reference being made but was somewhat unclear.

3% of 300,000,000 is 9,000,000 with the support of 90,000,000 that's quite a force.
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Those who make things happen - 3%. Those who watch things happen - 30%. Those who wonder "What Happened?" - 67%.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just read the sticky posted above and e-mailed it to myself for reference. I did the same with the Nation of Cowards post. Thanks
  • Options
    indy_kidindy_kid Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

By all means, please die for our country!
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Thank you very much, that helps. If I were a better student of history I would have better understood. I thought this was the reference being made but was somewhat unclear.

3% of 300,000,000 is 9,000,000 with the support of 90,000,000 that's quite a force.
    If those 90,000,000 actually existed and had they voted for the Constitution in 2008, Ron Paul would be our President.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5

If those 90,000,000 actually existed and had they voted for the Constitution in 2008, Ron Paul would be our President.

+1. Sadly, those who value individual liberty are a very small minority.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    BINGO! Don

quote:Originally posted by indy_kid

In this case, the phrase should be...By all means, please kill for our country...which isn't your country...imbecile.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by indy_kid

[V]

The grand thing is this INDY..., that the 3% would do just that, die for OUR Country, just so people like you can continue to say what you have... and without reservation...

Interesting isn't it, that someone ELSE would actually say that THEY would DIE for someone else like YOU... and all you have to say is... "sure, go for it man! I'll stand here and watch the carnage take place. Reaping the rewards from your efforts as if it even matters..."

And you know what... IT DOES MATTER! It matters to me, to my wife, to my children and to my grandchildren... It even matters to me that because of the 3%, you could continue to be you... IT MATTERS DEEPLY!
  • Options
    girlhuntergirlhunter Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it the intelligence percentile of some on here? I am still waiting on what freedoms lost you speak of?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by girlhunter
    Is it the intelligence percentile of some on here? I am still waiting on what freedoms lost you speak of?

I have lost the freedom to only be responsible for me, and my family.
    I have lost the freedom to retain that which I earn.
    I have lost the freedom to defend myself against a person of color without risk of going to prison for a long time for a "hate crime"
    I have lost the freedom of privacy, with no warrant searches
    I have lost the freedom to peacefully travel without having to pull off the road and let border patrol check my papers
    Freedom of security in my home with the threat of imminent domain
    Right to peacefully assemble with protesters being arrested, and in some cases beaten
    Loss of Habeas Corpus

How many more examples you want because we have just scratched the surface
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel

I have lost the freedom to only be responsible for me, and my family.
    I have lost the freedom to retain that which I earn.
    I have lost the freedom to defend myself against a person of color without risk of going to prison for a long time for a "hate crime"
    I have lost the freedom of privacy, with no warrant searches
    I have lost the freedom to peacefully travel without having to pull off the road and let border patrol check my papers
    Freedom of security in my home with the threat of imminent domain
    Right to peacefully assemble with protesters being arrested, and in some cases beaten
    Loss of Habeas Corpus

How many more examples you want because we have just scratched the surface

You have issues, big issues. See I live a peacefull life not worrying about too much. Sound like you are a worry wart.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HK 91

The arses charge 3% to cover their C.C. and Paypal payments but it should really be 4% that is the break even point.
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Are you serious??? You must be in the younger gereration. At least you have the freedom to pay more and more of your hard earned money for people that refuse to work and be productive members of our society.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,065 ******
    edited November -1
    Don't even go there indy. Many fought and died for you and me and our freedom, even while you hid behind getting a phd instead of joining your brothers. Have you thanked any vet for doing what you wouldn't ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:

You have issues, big issues. See I live a peacefull life not worrying about too much. Sound like you are a worry wart.
    Hey, you wanted examples, I gave them to you. Refute them, please. I know I have big issues, and a lot of them stem from people just like you. i will admit mine, will you yours?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Product of the modern public school (indoctrination) dumbing down system. Obviously working better than they could've dreamed. You have had this explained to you numerous times in another thread, but it fails to penetrate your highly brainwashed *mind*. Keep the blinders on, it enables the bliss you live in to thrive. You, like Indy punk and KEVD punk, are products of a system. Too ignorant to know what freedom is, or that it has been given up by your almost equally ignorant parents so that you can become slaves. The govt. has done it's work for the bankers very very well. You all are their results and their wet dream. Congratulations on being "The Generation of the Collective". An entire generation of non-critical thinking fools. Fools are indeed required for their plan to succeed, and it is very close to that point....

Here it is for you, better than I can put it, and you are the proof....

"Freedom Going"
    Author-Unknown
    An illusion it will be, so large, so vast it will escape their
    perception.

Those who will see it will be thought of as insane.

We will create separate fronts to prevent them from seeing the
    connection between us.

We will behave as if we are not connected to keep the illusion alive.
    Our goal will be accomplished one drop at a time so as to never bring
    suspicion upon ourselves. This will also prevent them from seeing
    the changes as they occur.

We will focus their attention toward money and material goods
    so they many never connect with their inner self. We will distract
    them with fornication, external pleasures and games so they may
    never be one with the oneness of it all.

We will use fear as our weapon.

We will always hide our objective but carry out our plan.

We will control all aspects of their lives and tell them what
    to think and how.

We will guide them kindly and gently letting them think they
    are guiding themselves.

We will accomplish this by using hate as our ally, anger as our friend.

We will continue to prosper from their wars and their deaths.

We shall repeat this over and over until our ultimate goal is
    accomplished.

We will continue to make them live in fear and anger
    though images and sounds.

We will always hide the divine truth from them, that we are all one.
    This they must never know!

Drop by drop, by drop we will advance our goal.

We will take over their land, resources and wealth to exercise total
    control over them.

We will deceive them into accepting laws that will steal the little
    freedom they will have.

We will establish a money system that will imprison them forever,
    keeping them and their children in debt.

When they shall ban together, we shall accuse them of crimes and
    present a different story to the world for we shall own all the media.

They will be helpless to do anything for they will have no weapons.

Oh yes, so grand the illusion of freedom will be, that they will
    never know they are our slaves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How interesting.
    A member asks a question...over and over and over.

The question is answered..over and over and over.

The only response is .."You guys got issues"..another word favored by the brain dead amebas of today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess one word would explain all of your thoughts. Paranoid. Get help. Go to the closest Dr. and explain to them what you have posted on this thread and the other one last night. The Dr.'s will help with medication or therapy.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,414 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I guess one word would explain all of your thoughts. Paranoid. Get help. Go to the closest Dr. and explain to them what you have posted on this thread and the other one last night. The Dr.'s will help with medication or therapy.
    The only help we(this country) needs is for people like you to clear out. We shall overcome.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you mean you haven't "done the right thing" and reported me yet yourself? Come on comrade, the state is the only one who can help me
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Surely this is pee3s' alter ego..running wild out of the closet....
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

And I have some advice for you;

Get yourself a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States. Read them. Read them again.

After you do this, if you really believe you are still 'free', I would suggest that you consider taking some remedial courses in reading comprehension.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RtWngExtrmst
    Those who make things happen - 3%. Those who watch things happen - 30%. Those who wonder "What Happened?" - 67%.

67% are comprized of people who saw a situation differently than you did or who are, as highball illustrated, simply too stupid, lazy or appethetic to stand for anything.
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man I hate when a thread gets interesting and I'm doing something else.

Indy are you stoned or just stupid? How do you firgure this is "our" country. You sir, will never be a part of MY country. As long as you bow to the will of the rulers I will consider you the enemy of freedom and individual liberty. I will follow leaders, but never rulers. What we have now are rulers and I work everyday in some way against them. If it comes to pass I will give all for the freedom and liberty secured by our founding fathers. You won't have to say please, in fact you don't have to ask at all. Just don't be here if freedom is victorious, those like you cannot survive freedom.

I posed these questions to Girlhunter recently. If she/he/it will reply they would have answer to thier repeatedly asked question.

quote:GH, when was the last time you walked down the street in your town openly wearing/carrying a firearm? This was common practice in this country at one time. Why is not today? Why do you think you need permission to own firearms? Do you not realize that every time you fill out the paperwork for a new purchase you are asking permission? How dumb will the look on your face be when your request comes back denied. Will you be indignant then? Will you start to question wether your rights have now been infringed? Will you understand that they have been infringed all along?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    After reading your "stuff" on several threads, I have come to the studied conclusion that you are an idiot.

I mean that, really.
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    Girlhunter, You have been shown the truth, we can show you, but we can not make you see. What you do at this point is up to you, and you alone.

I am certain that the 3% is a thing of the past, maybe its 1% now. As maybe 10% of Americans believe in the founding principles of our country. 30% are brainwashed to believe that we can build a better future through government, they would trash our Constitution, our rights, our lives, and our country to attempt to achieve the impossible government run utopia. 10% (5% or so on either side) don't care and just vote the party line. 50% only care about who wins American Idol and what Paris Hilton is doing. As long as they can live in comfort they don't care about the government. Some will vote for their favorite of the 2 candidates for president, but not usually based on a strong understanding of their platform, usually its based on who looks better, or who watches their favorite tv show, or even who the media crams down their throat.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite1015
    HK 91

The arses charge 3% to cover their C.C. and Paypal payments but it should really be 4% that is the break even point.

I know i just needed something to add to the post and that is what came to mind at the time
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The peaceful life is often referenced as those who have nothing to hide have no reason to worry. This works in free societies as well as under tyrants.

The fact is that we once had the right to not be asked unless there was probable cause. We now live in a society where an LEO can ask you a question during an 'emphasis patrol' and your refusal to answer becomes probable cause. This occurs whether you be in your car, your home, or simply out and about.

Freedom is not about answering to authority. Freedom is about being the authority of your own life. Freedom is not physical. It about the heart and the spirit of man and the right to follow that heart and that spirit. As Todesengel has stated, we have lost authority over ourselves, the most insidious loss of freedom imaginable.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    3% stands for percentage of the population that will personally fight & kill & die for they're own freedoms. Maybe 30% will support the 3%, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    After reading your "stuff" on several threads, I have come to the studied conclusion that you are an idiot.

I mean that, really.

Much to kind lt. Lead pill.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1

"What freedoms?" you say. "Paranoid" you say. Ok, here is a simple test. Easy for you to test exactly how free you are. Go downtown to your nearest major city, down to city hall. Have with you a gun, strapped to your side openly where it can be seen by all (have it unloaded for all I care). Carry a sign no bigger than 2' x 4' that says only "Obama's Policies Are Fascist". Say nothing, and do nothing but wave the sign and walk back and forth. Report back to us how long you were able to be there before being arrested or told to leave by the police. My guess is that you won't be able to report back because a) you're not willing to do this b) if you do, you'll be stuck in a little cell for a long time.

All you would be doing is exercising your constitutional rights under the 1st and 2nd amendments.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain