In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Last Nights Ghost Sighting

MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
I don't know what to make of it or how to explain it, I will just relay the events and let you guys decide.

Last night in the middle of the night my cat stood straight up and was staring at my bedroom door. When the cat did this, I woke up and could see that he was standing and staring because just enough glow from the outside light shines through the window.
I lay there for a few seconds before I figured it was a good time to get out of bed to go to the bathroom.
Then, when I swung out of bed I could see a dim blueish glow about 3" in diameter in the middle of the floor and instantly got a creepy chill. Being sleepy and not fully alert, my first thought was that it was the light bulb from down stairs shining through the floor. That of course is impossible. Then I thought it was my cell phone in my pants pocket laying on the floor and the screen was glowing through the pants material.
As I walked towards the door I swept my foot over the glowing spot and was surprised that I didn't feel a pair of pants and only the cold tile was there ... and the glowing spot.
By this time I was at the bedroom door, never taking my eyes off the glowing spot, and flipped the light on. With the light on I could see that there was nothing on he bare tile floor. So I turn the light back off and the glow is gone. light on and off again and the glow can't be seen.
So... I don't have an explanation and my cat wont talk, so maybe you guys can tell me what it was I saw.

Comments

• Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    made quite a few cats "stand up" [:0]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is a lot we just can not understand . about 30 yrs ago the wife and I both saw a bright glow in out bedroom. The entire room was glowing ( no I wish that was it ). The door was closed , curtains pulled, shades down no moon, no car's on the road to have a reflection. I could find nothing to source the light . also had similar storie the dogs jump up dont growl or bark just hair up on there back and stairing always creepy not sure what they see ( not staring at the wife I get that way ) LOL
    just weite it off as no harm and a frendly visit
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    There is much in the natural world that we just don't understand or can account for. It's nothing supernatural, it's just unknown, right now anyway.
    Don't sweat it since it caused you no harm.
  • Options
    rscoleman88rscoleman88 Member Posts: 4,250
    edited November -1
    Is there a smoke detector above that spot?
  • Options
    DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do any recent construction or bring home any new and unusual objects?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope. Now smoke detector. no new construction or objects that I can think of.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    cheap likker halucinations[}:)]
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put the bong down and step away from it.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,034 ******
    edited November -1
    it was a ghost,,
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    Put the bong down and step away from it.

[:D][:D]
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've told this story before, and I don't have time to retell it now, but here is a picture of a little girl that lives in the closet of a close friend of mine. The house was built in the early 1900's, and we suspect that she died during the influenza epidemic in the late teens.

This picture was taken by his son with his cell phone. I've known them for years, and they would never try to fake something like this.

P061109090203.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    it was a ghost,,

That's almost what I expected dcon12 to say.
    Except I would expect it to go more like "you saw a blue glow on the floor"[:D]
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the creepiest sensations is when your dog starts giving out with a constant low growl and creeps over and stares at a window or door. Your big choice is, do I get up and go look or not? Do you REALLY want to see what is on the other side? Right... I just take out my 1911 and set it on the couch cushion next to me and go on watching whatever show I was watching. [:D] I figure, as long as it stays outside, fine. If "whatever" comes in, we will have a serious "discussion" about property rights. [:D]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    One of the creepiest sensations is when your dog starts giving out with a constant low growl and creeps over and stares at a window or door. Your big choice is, do I get up and go look or not? Do you REALLY want to see what is on the other side? Right... I just take out my 1911 and set it on the couch cushion next to me and go on watching whatever show I was watching. [:D] I figure, as long as it stays outside, fine. If "whatever" comes in, we will have a serious "discussion" about property rights. [:D]

For me that generally means that there is a coyote in the back yard. She does not growl at the deer or any other wildlife that frequent but the coyotes PISS her off. Neighbors little fluff dog got carried of a few weeks ago, luckily they got it to drop him. Have'nt heard the whole story yet, just from the kids.
  • Options
    theranger1theranger1 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember...Tomorrow is April Fools [:D] Day..I'm gonna wait till this clears and then I'll comment. [;)]
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    My wife died two years this past January. Have a long living room with egress/ingress at each end. . About a month ago was laying on the couch around 645PM watching the news. Wearing a pair of striped shorts and a beat up yellow T shirt she liked, she walked from one end of the living room to the other without glancing my way as if she were on a mission women have when doing something in the house. Very visible.

About week ago some clothes I forgot I jammed in the clothes chute for three days almost hit me while in the basement starting to load the washer. My wife was always fighting the clothes chute would get highly pissed off at it. Knew right off it was her pushing the clothes through. Called my daughter told her about the clothes drop, as the words left my mouth she said it was Mom no question it was Mom

Something like 6 months after she died about 3AM woke up sat upright in bed, she was at the end of the bed, couldn't see her, told me she's fine with my attachment developing with a lady I know, knew our kids and grand kids were fine and she was fine. My thought was she was saying good bye before passing through

No glow no noise just passing through the living room or during any other encounter. I'm not the type not be able to let go, yes do miss her, but life goes on and I see other women (clarifying)
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    Ball Lightning static eletricity.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23
    My wife died two years this past January. Have a long living room with egress/ingress at each end. . About a month ago was laying on the couch around 645PM watching the news. Wearing a pair of striped shorts and a beat up yellow T shirt she liked, she walked from one end of the living room to the other without glancing my way as if she were on a mission women have when doing something in the house. Very visible.

About week ago some clothes I forgot I jammed in the clothes chute for three days almost hit me while in the basement starting to load the washer. My wife was always fighting the clothes chute would get highly pissed off at it. Knew right off it was her pushing the clothes through. Called my daughter told her about the clothes drop, as the words left my mouth she said it was Mom no question it was Mom

Something like 6 months after she died about 3AM woke up sat upright in bed, she was at the end of the bed, couldn't see her, told me she's fine with my attachment developing with a lady I know, knew our kids and grand kids were fine and she was fine. My thought was she was saying good bye before passing through

No glow no noise just passing through the living room or during any other encounter. I'm not the type not be able to let go, yes do miss her, but life goes on and I see other women (clarifying)

When my Dad dies my sister's smoke alarms went haywire. They replaced batteries and still the problem went on. Mine too some 600 miles away at the same time. My mom had a light in the laundry room that started going on and off like it was shorting out. My sister at one point told my dead father to stop it, she knew it was him and she got it. It then stopped. I un plugged mine, some months later I put new batteries in them and they were fine even though I had tried that before.
    I don't think my dad was trying to tell us there is an after life because we already believe that I think he wanted to warn us about future events but he was frustrated by lack of any ability to communicate. At some point we no longer felt his presence. It's like he moved on to where ever souls are supposed to move on to.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    There are some who don't believe in ghosts.

But I know they are real.

I don't know if they exist only in my brain. Or in the space between sleep and waking. Or if they are as tangible as the earth. But I know they exist.
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our old house the old man died in our bedroom at like 50 from a huge heart attack and the old lady died of just being old in the living room. Alway felt like we were being watched in that house. Dishes that were on the counter would just tip over and at night outside of our bedroom we heard somebody walking. Our bedroom was on a corner and it sounded like somebody was walking outside from the side of the house to the corner then down the other side about 20 feet and back to the corner then down the other side about 20 feet. I always chalked it up to * maybe or deer that were sometimes in the yard. Well I waited for winter and after hearing it one night went and checked the snow and no tracks for at least 100 feet from that area. No tree branches in the area, no loose siding. Woke the wife up multiple times to confirm it and she heard it too. I never told her this and being on line nobody knows me but often times i would wake up in the middle of the night and seemed there was shadow in the doorway, was sleeping, dreaming, IDK.

I am not saying I beleive in ghost, but dont discount the idea either. I think ghost at times are a way to explain things that do not have an explanation or are things that people want to beleive. Plus you add in being tired, alcohol your mind can come up with some weird things.

But let me tell you there was something going on in our old house.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, you know, it takes only one white crow to prove there are things like white crows. Among all the stories that are told.......
    I remember the description Arthur Godfrey gave regarding the death of his Dad. Godfrey was a naval officer during WW2, his vessel was at dock, he was standing on the bridge and saw his Dad walking down the dock toward the ship, up the gangplank and on deck. Then he vanished. Godfrey said he didn't doubt for a second his Dad had passed on, and an hour or so later he received word this was the case. What reason would he have to tell a story like this? I don't have documentation regarding Godfrey's account, just the way I read about it, I believe, in Reader's Digest many years ago.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My girlfriend has a nice house in north Atlanta that is haunted.
    When I started hanging around that house the ghosts were running me ragged. I heard the sound of the front door opening and closing, and footsteps across the foyer.
    But, I was the only one in the house.

It took me a few months to catch on, but once I realized that it was ghosts, I discussed the matter with the girlfriend. She said she knew the house was haunted but didn't want to scare me. Thanks a lot, Shirley.

Once I had acknowledged that I knew there were ghosts in the house, the activity stopped. They just wanted to be sure that I knew who the boss was.

I had a friend and his wife who came over for a weekend visit. I had told Dwight about the ghosts and told him to keep his mouth shut, that he would get all the ghosts he wanted.
    No, Dwight had to be "Mr Macho Man." He got into the house and said "Come on ghost, show me what you got! I am not scared."

By God he was scared the next morning! He and his wife were up and packed, and gone by 7am. Cut the visit short by a day. Dwight didn't want to talk about ghosts any more

I got his wife aside, and she told me that when they were in bed, they could feel cold fingers touching them on the arm, and brushing their hair. Also they heard the front door open and footsteps across the foyer, but, they knew that there was nobody down stairs.
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by john carr
    Well, you know, it takes only one white crow to prove there are things like white crows. Among all the stories that are told.......
    I remember the description Arthur Godfrey gave regarding the death of his Dad. Godfrey was a naval officer during WW2, his vessel was at dock, he was standing on the bridge and saw his Dad walking down the dock toward the ship, up the gangplank and on deck. Then he vanished. Godfrey said he didn't doubt for a second his Dad had passed on, and an hour or so later he received word this was the case. What reason would he have to tell a story like this? I don't have documentation regarding Godfrey's account, just the way I read about it, I believe, in Reader's Digest many years ago.

i kind of chalk this up to Deja Vu. I know Ive had it have talked with others that have and have not. I have been places in dreams or just thought of and have never actually been there, seen a picture etc. But months or years after seeing that place I will actually be there in person and think man Ive been here before and remember that I had a dream of this place. I know there is some theory on this phenomenon, myself Ive never seen an actual event take place or something happened, its always just been a location.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvkKX035484
    Yes, it's true, the man has no dick.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit