In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Beverly Hills Walmart ........

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
PowValet.jpgemcs

Nope ! > Nashville, TN

C&P -

Valet parking is typically something found outside high-end retail stores, restaurants and country clubs but now, shoppers at one Nashville area Wal-Mart store have the option as well.

The assistant manager at the Wal-Mart on the corner of Nolensville Road and Old Hickory Boulevard admits it's a unique place to find a valet stand.

Greg Bruck said, "It is certainly unique. A lot of novelty facts from our customers. They have been asking questions. It is certainly unique to us and Wal-Mart. Our customers seem to appreciate it though."

Wal-Mart is paying for the service, which shoppers will notice signs and a new entrance for.

"The way the economy is going now and the challenges that our parking lot presented, you know we want to be as innovative and do whatever we can to get our customers into our store and make it as easy and convenient for them as possible," said Bruck.

Wal-Mart officials said when they built the parking lot they worked around preserving a creek so there aren't many spots close to the door.

One shopper told News 2 the new service will save him gas.

Geoff Breedwell said, "I think it's a great thing when you actually offer great deals. [You] might as well park their car and save them a little gas

Valet officials said they are averaging about 60 cars a day for now but plan on getting more customers as the word spreads.

Wal-Mart officials said they will evaluate the valet parking progress in January to consider valet parking year round.

[;)][:D]
It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who here would trust a wal mart employee to park their car and to hold the keys while you shopped?

Not I said the fly...
  • milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    Who here would trust a wal mart employee to park their car and to hold the keys while you shopped?

Not I said the fly...

Nor me said the flea...
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife probably would, she loves valet parking.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I'd make sure my house key wasn't on the keyring.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet the Nashville Walmart does a better "vetting" of their valets than that $150 a plate steak house valet you have no trouble giving your keys to.....[:0]
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    with the average clientele at walmart, its the last place i'd want to be standing at a valet stand waiting for my car....
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by miles
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall

Not I said the fly...

Nor me said the flea...
    Smart man ! I once dropped my car off to have it detailed, it was used in a drug deal 1 hr. later that went bad. [:0] Its a good thing the cops got him before I did [:(!]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I'd sooner throw a bag of hammers at my vehicle.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain