In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Somedays, you just need to SHOOT something!

calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Yesterday: Woke up at 4:30 am to drive my wife to work. She had gotten home too late to make the two hour commute. Drop her off, drive another hour and a half to the city where I am going to be working. Start making my rounds, notice that the car is getting harder to start everytime. Decide, "This will have to be my last appointment. I need to get this car to the mechanic." Open up my laptop, the screen goes out. I just paid over $300 to have it fixed. They offered a 30 day warranty. That was about 40 days ago. Car is getting low on gas, but I know that I can't turn it off. I fill it up with the car running (no problems there, thankfully). Make it to my mechanic, try it one more time just for fun. I was right, won't start. Have a friend pick me and take me home. Get in the truck, drive for 2 hours to pick my wife up and drive 2 hours home. All in all, I was in the car about 16 hours.

Finally get to bed, I am almost asleep and the stupid smoke detector starts chirping that the battery is dieing. I have vaulted ceilings so I can't reach it. I have a 45 in the nightstand.

What to do? What to do? Put clothes on, go get something to stand on, rip the smoke detector off, pull out the battery, lay in bed trying to go back to sleep.

Not a happy camper right now. I know that it could have been worse (i.e. car blows up, stranded with no cell phone, could be in Iraq, etc.) but still, some days just SUCK!!

Comments

• ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:some days just SUCK!!

Some worse than others and it sounds like you had a bad one, but it's a new day and your still above the dirt.[;)]

AT
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    Bad day for sure!

I have an obnoxious curiosity with people that pay more than something is worth to get it repaired. Purely from that sake, choose one of the below:

I paid more to get my latop fixed than it was worth because:

a) I didn't know I could get a new latop for under $400
    b) I am REALLY cheap and even if it was 1 cent less to get it fixed than to replace it, I'd fix it anyway.
    c) I thought it would only be $25 to get it fixed.
    d) I paid $1200 for this latop 3 years ago and think it is still worth $1200.
    e) All of the above

<sorry but I am bored [:o)]>
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:<sorry but I am bored >

Damn Slipgate. You're mean when you are bored.[:D]

AT
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate
    Bad day for sure!

I have an obnoxious curiosity with people that pay more than something is worth to get it repaired. Purely from that sake, choose one of the below:

I paid more to get my latop fixed than it was worth because:

a) I didn't know I could get a new latop for under $400
    b) I am REALLY cheap and even if it was 1 cent less to get it fixed than to replace it, I'd fix it anyway.
    c) I thought it would only be $25 to get it fixed.
    d) I paid $1200 for this latop 3 years ago and think it is still worth $1200.
    e) All of the above

<sorry but I am bored [:o)]>

Even though it is an older laptop (about 4 years old), it still has better specs than the new ones that cost $400. It was actually supposed to be about $150 to fix, but I paid a rush charge, plus shipping and insurance both ways and they upped the price of the repair (I was pissed about that and told them that they would never see another cent from me).

I use it for my work, so I really didn't want to have to get a new one and reconfigure everything on it. Oh well, you live and you learn.
  • Tile KingTile King Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all that and it wasnt even a monday...
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finally get to bed, I am almost asleep and the stupid smoke detector starts chirping that the battery is dieing. I have vaulted ceilings so I can't reach it. I have a 45 in the nightstand.

What to do? What to do? Put clothes on, go get something to stand on, rip the smoke detector off, pull out the battery, lay in bed trying to go back to sleep.

Well don't leave us hanging, how big is the hole in the ceiling?[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.

I was tempted. If I had the 22 with shorts in, I might have done it. The funny part is that it chirped right as my dog got in her bed. She thought it was her fault and would sleep in the bed the whole night.
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I woulod have skipped the "getting clothes on" part.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Topkick
    I woulod have skipped the "getting clothes on" part.

Mother in law and Sister in law rent from us. That would have been awkward.
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once saw my mother-in-law naked.

I'm not crazy from the experience.

Just blind.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Topkick
    I once saw my mother-in-law naked.

I'm not crazy from the experience.

Just blind.

Yeah, the two that live with us would not be on my list. A different one and a couple of her cousins, maybe.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.

Should be about .45" [:D][:D]
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know you are having a bad day when....

I was standing in line at the bank this morn when the guy ahead of me wanted to make a withdrawal, the teller told him his wife closed the account yesterday, he said that explains why she didn't come home last night, and walked out.