In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help finding rifle

attila78attila78 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I'm looking for a sako 85 varmint walnut in .260. I can't find dealers who carry the rifle and many try to sale me the wrong rifle.

Here is the link:

http://www.sako.fi/sako85models.php?varmint

Help!

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Why not phone beretta and get them to ship the rifle to your ffl?...

the link you provided also tells where the distributors are, and that is where I got the addy and phone number...

Beretta U.S.A. Corp
    17601 Beretta Drive
    Accokeek Maryland 20607
    Ph: 1-301-283-2191
    Fax: 1-301-283-0435
    www.berettausa.com
  • Options
    drsckdrsck Member Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    None of my contacts have one listed. As popular as the .260 isn't, I wouldn't be surprised that there simply aren't any out there. You might check with some of the smaller wholesalers/dealers such as Valour, Camfour. The other approach would be to look in some of the larger gun shops. Sako is distributed in the U.S. through Beretta, so if you find a big Beretta dealer in a rifle state, you might find one. Check with the big gun shops in Pennsylvania, North & South Dakota, Colorado, Montana and Wyoming. If you're willing to call Beretta directly, and you managed to connect with a friendly person (admittedly highly unlikely), they could tell you where they had shipped one recently. For example, try Grice's Guns in Clearfield, Penn. 814-765-9273 or Sheridan Gun Shop in Sheridan, Wyo. Sheridan, WY 82801. Ohio isn't a rifle state, shotgun only, but you might also try Jacquas, Findley, OH 419-422-0912 because of their ties to Beretta. Best of luck -- Steve
  • Options
    attila78attila78 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunbroker of course was the first place I tried.

I'll try calling those numbers tomorrow drsck....thanks

keep them coming I'm surprised I got responses so fast.