In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

it hurts to move away.... horsey pic added....

2»

Comments

• Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Doc NY is planning on getting Dr.s to Come here to Practice in Rural Areas
    They will Pay off your Student loans if you stay 5 Years
    We Have a Shortage Of Dr.s here
    The Man in the Tv box Just told Me so[;)]
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with you, Dr P.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc, Sorry to hear this. I hope that things workout for you.

Try and ignore the man behind the curtain. He thrives on spreading animosity & ignores any attempt at a heart felt apology. You about summed up it up to a T.[;)]

Trinity +++
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    thanks you all for the kind thoughts.
    again, i apologize if i offend anyone.
    most of you know, that's not my style.

i was offered a position in a rural town out here in kansas. Nice community that actually recruited me a couple years ago. small hospital, busy clinic and nursing home.

unfortunately, no house/land to purchase for my horses. good housing, just no available land. i'd rather give them a good home with daily interactions than board them and just ride once a week.

anyone want some horses?[;)]

thanks again

tom
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind?

Do they work cattle by chance?[:)]

Trinity +++
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spartacus
    thanks you all for the kind thoughts.
    again, i apologize if i offend anyone.
    most of you know, that's not my style.

i was offered a position in a rural town out here in kansas. Nice community that actually recruited me a couple years ago. small hospital, busy clinic and nursing home.

unfortunately, no house/land to purchase for my horses. good housing, just no available land. i'd rather give them a good home with daily interactions than board them and just ride once a week.

anyone want some horses?[;)]

thanks again

tom

We need pics...[:)]...Hope all goes well for you Tom..
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

One door closes and another opens...

Ain't that about the same as what I said?
    Don

Yes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Do they work cattle by chance?

shadow is a cow poney, quarter 9 y/o. he's still good, but if i run him hard he gets gimpy on the front left. vet can't figure it out. local chiropractor says his "alignment" is off and he can fix it. we'll see.
    tanker is 1/2 arabian/paint. looks like an indian pony. he's 5 and never worked cattle, but is a fast learn.
    raindancer is full arabian. 5 y/o only green broke and with his own mind. i don't let anyone else on him. too unpredictable. he would do well with more training.[;)]
    i have a lot invested in them, but would give them to a good home, but only if all three are kept together.
    i have a few folks interested.

dsc0047ul.jpg
  • Options
    Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    Wow, sounds like a big loss all the way around. I mean, how can the community you've served, replace you?

I'm sure that there are other doctors but...

I guess I'll have to go look around the forums, because, I don't have an understanding of happened on the front-end of this story.

I guess you have to hang out on the forums all day, or the stories just pass you by?

Anyway, sorry to hear about this. I clicked on the FB link but, I can't pull up anything.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

shadow is a cow poney, quarter 9 y/o. he's still good, but if i run him hard he gets gimpy on the front left. vet can't figure it out. local chiropractor says his "alignment" is off and he can fix it. we'll see.
    tanker is 1/2 arabian/paint. looks like an indian pony. he's 5 and never worked cattle, but is a fast learn.
    raindancer is full arabian. 5 y/o only green broke and with his own mind. i don't let anyone else on him. too unpredictable. he would do well with more training.[;)]
    i have a lot invested in them, but would give them to a good home, but only if all three are kept together.

dsc0047ul.jpg
    Wish I had the land available... I'd be working a deal with as I TYPE...

Real nice horse flesh!!! [;)][^]
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58

dsc0047ul.jpg
    Wish I had the land available... I'd be working a deal with you as I TYPE...

Real nice horse flesh!!! [;)][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I'm sure that there are other doctors but...

actually, i'm the only full time doc here. town is 1500 and county (i'm the only resident doc) is around 16000)
    as far as the whole story, well, its been ongoing for 8+ years.
    the only other health care in this county is provided by a management company theta provides traveling docs and midlevel providers at their million dollar clinic. they don't acer about the people except to take their insurance benefits. no insurance, no service.
    i've run my little store front clinic with rates according to what you can afford for yrs, but in the last year i have put over $40,000 of my own money in keeping it open.
    this year i took a "penalty deduction" in my medicare reimbursements because i cant afford the $50K outlay to go electronic records.
    if obammy gets his way, i will be looking at a 23% decrease in payments
    i just don't have enough in reserve to continue to practice the way i believe.

tom
  • Options
    Rocky4windsRocky4winds Member Posts: 760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I'm sure that there are other doctors but...

actually, i'm the only full time doc here. town is 1500 and county (i'm the only resident doc) is around 16000)
    as far as the whole story, well, its been ongoing for 8+ years.
    the only other health care in this county is provided by a management company theta provides traveling docs and midlevel providers at their million dollar clinic. they don't acer about the people except to take their insurance benefits. no insurance, no service.
    i've run my little store front clinic with rates according to what you can afford for yrs, but in the last year i have put over $40,000 of my own money in keeping it open.
    this year i took a "penalty deduction" in my medicare reimbursements because i cant afford the $50K outlay to go electronic records.
    if obammy gets his way, i will be looking at a 23% decrease in payments
    i just don't have enough in reserve to continue to practice the way i believe.

tom

Would it work out for you to opt-out of Medicare? To be a non-participating provider? Granted, your patients will have to pay out-of-pocket, but if you work cash-based (even barter??) then there is a chance that your bottom line will actually be better. Medicare reimbursement is always a game anyway, and if you are basically doing typical health maintenance anyway then I suspect that MCR is not reimbursing all that well anyway. Just a thought.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey remington,
    Fxxx off. read the damn posts. i apologized for being an * here and sent a PM.
    you are an opinionated *. unfortunately your'e an * in general.
    there will be no apologies this time.
    get over yourself you fxxx'ing poser.
    have a nice day[:)]

tom

With a bed side manner like that.. No wonder they're forcing you to close your doors
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Would it work out for you to opt-out of Medicare? To be a non-participating provider? Granted, your patients will have to pay out-of-pocket, but if you work cash-based (even barter??) then there is a chance that your bottom line will actually be better. Medicare reimbursement is always a game anyway, and if you are basically doing typical health maintenance anyway then I suspect that MCR is not reimbursing all that well anyway. Just a thought.

medicare pays me around $42 a visit. regardless of legnth of time spent. medicare patients typically have multiple health needs and are complicated to care for.
    the sore throat blue cross blue shield patient is reimbursed at $89 per visit and takes much less time.
    my practice is at least 60% medicare and 20% medicaid which pays $12.71 per visit
    if i stop taking medicare, my patients couldn't afford to be seen by me, even at $25 a visit.
    also i would loose access to the KMAP and other children's medical programs that the state provides to low income families.
    90% of the children i see are covered by the state insurance.
    i'm in rural kansas, ain't gonna get rich, but i knew that coming in.
    just need to pay the bills and i can't at this rate.
    btw, i make less in salary than i got paid 6 yrs ago.......