In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stimulus checks and grants......

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
who, if anyone, is getting any?
I don't mean big businesses and their bailouts.
are any "regular" folks, small busineses, mom and pop stores etc...
getting any $$.
a gal in town has been filling out grant applications for 3 months now to open a pre-school. every time she submits the application she gets more paperwork to complete. she's about ready to give up!
think there's any grant money for opening a new medical clinic?(serious)
tom

Comments

• cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOuld be nice to think some of our money went to something worthwhile. I haven't heard of anyone local getting money, the county did and is using it to buy new dumptrucks.
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    i imagine if you were trying to open a clinic where there was a shortage of dr`s tom it would ...or bloody well should be looked at favourably!

it would here anyway...it`s hard to get doctors to practice in rural areas here...there`s a massive shortage of doctors all over the country, the government brings a lot in from overseas, and as part of their visa approval they have to practice in regional areas for 2 years...the troubl;e is after their 2 year probation is up most of them pack up and head for the cities!...and it`s not beacuse of the money either...their surgeries are always full of people.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    What's up with these stimulus checks you all keep talkin bout?

I don't know a single person that has receive done yet. [:0]

As far as I know, only Social Security and Supplemental Security Income recipients are receiving "stimulus" checks. Apparently, they are the only ones who can be trusted to spend it.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri
    who, if anyone, is getting any?

The Dead![:D]
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=375028
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:...it`s hard to get doctors to practice in rural areas here

I'd come down there if you didn't have such bad gun laws.[:(]

do you have the mauser yet?
    we need pics!
    tom
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I got a letter from SS saying I'd have my $250 back by the end of the month.

Thinking about buying a new tire.

Doug
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tom she needs to get a person that writes for grants and they usually just take a percentage of what is recieved and if it goes thru.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Doug. My wife got notice she would be getting hers by the end of May.She is disabled due to Parkinsons
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    yep, the gun laws stink here tom![:(!]stinking politicians!!

the broomhandle is on the way to my dealer as we speak..and the stock is on the way from america too...i got an email from the usps saying that i can track it`s progress online if i want! thats one thing iv`e always noticed about postage from the u.s.a....it is fast!!! even when my dealer gets the broomhandle delivered to him, he still has to get it registered in his name, and then he can transfer it to me...but i have to wait 28 days from the day i put in my application to aquire a firearm form[V][:(!]...the law here says i might want to kill someone with the new gun i want...and that it is unlikely i would kill anyone with all the guns i have now...try to figure that one out??? crazy poop hey?[:(]

when i get it..and the stock i`ll take a pic of it and email it to you...you can post it for me if you like? i don`t have a clue how to do it myself..when people say it`s easy..just click on this and then that, it means nothing to me...i don`t know what they`re talking about[:(]
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got $250.00 [:D]
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:Tom she needs to get a person that writes for grants and they usually just take a percentage of what is recieved and if it goes thru.

that's what I thought, but she says that everyone she has contacted about doing it wanted to be paid up front.

I get emails everyday about grant money. you know the type, "$19.99 plus shipping and handling for grant secrets..."
    where do you get legit info w/o the middle man?
    thanks
    tom
    hey dan kelly, so after you wait 28 days for the gun you're less likely to use it to kill someone??!!I never understood wait periods, especially in this age of "instant" information.